I am not getting any briefs.

the_olivia_

Hello,

I am actually quite upset that the buyer request section is being removed as it was the only way I ever got any clients. Since the briefs came out, I only received one of them, but that person decided to go with a different artist. This was more than a month ago. And before that I hadn't received any briefs at all.

I also no longer get any buyer requests. I'm assuming this is because they're being discontinued. The few buyer requests that I used to receive allowed me to actively search for and find clientele on this platform. Now there is no way for me to be active in finding work here. Because of that I feel like I'm wasting time on this platform. Eventually I'll have to give up on waiting for something to happen, months on end, and find some sort of other platform to use as an artist. Which sucks because Fiverr had been doing fairly good for me up until now.

I've read that some people get briefs that aren't meant for them, but I haven't read about other sellers in a situation like me, who are not getting briefs at all or once every blue moon. I would prefer to receive bad briefs than none at all. Because in that case, at least then I would feel like something is happening behind the scenes, even if it were flawed. Then I would know it's something actually being improved and I am not completely wasting my time.

Those of you who are receiving briefs, what are you doing to receive them? Does anyone have advice on how to actively find clientele? I already have a social media profile for my art, I am online on Fiverr nearly, if not, 24/7, and I even lowered my brief price to "from $1" even though I would never accept that much, just so that I can see any evidence that Fiverr is actually working as intended. Perhaps it's my seller status as a "New Seller"? But if that's the case, then that would make Fiverr fairly useless to anyone who wasn't a part of this platform before in addition of briefs?

Edited by the_olivia_
  • Like 17
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, the_olivia_ said:

I am actually quite upset that the buyer request section is being removed as it was the only way I ever got any clients.

Then, perhaps now is a great time to study and learn how the marketplace works. Buyers Request was never intended to be a primary source for orders. Orders are intended to come from the marketplace, or your own business person marketing efforts.

I also no longer get any buyer requests. I'm assuming this is because they're being discontinued.

Correct. The Buyer Request is being permanently removed.

Now there is no way for me to be active in finding work here.

Fiverr is a freelance services marketplace. Create gigs that sell themselves. That's the whole point of Fiverr.

Because of that I feel like I'm wasting time on this platform.

If you're not working within the purposes and functions of Fiverr, then, yes, you are wasting your time. Fiverr does not exist to be what you want it to be. Fiverr exists to be a freelance services marketplace for thousands and thousands of independent-minded skilled professionals. You host your services here, and if those services are well-created, well-maintained, and appeal to the needs of your target customers, then you can make a living here. Many sellers do.

Eventually I'll have to give up on waiting for something to happen

Successful sellers don't wait for random thing to happen, they go out and MAKE things happen. You are the only person who can make you successful.

Those of you who are receiving briefs, what are you doing to receive them?

We work hard to be great consistant sellers, who appeal to our target customers, and whom the Fiverr system sees value in matching to interested buyers.

I am online on Fiverr nearly, if not, 24/7,

This does not guarantee orders. Selllers do not have to be sitting around online in order to gain orders. Great gigs sell themselves, which leaves you open to improve how you connect to your target customers. You do know who your unique target customers are, right?

I even lowered my brief price to "from $1" even though I would never accept that much

The lowest price that you can sell your services for on Fiverr is $5. If you are promising your services for $1, but you "would never accept that much", then you are presenting yourself as a desperate liar. No one is going to hire someone who misrepresents their prices, and gives off a air of desperation. Charge what your services are worth, and then go find -- and connect to -- the buyers who need your services, and are willing to pay those prices.

just so that I can see any evidence that Fiverr is actually working as intended

Fiverr is ALWAYS working, even if you don't see the kind of evidence you want to see. The Fiverr system is always working, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

• Like 13

13 hours ago, jonbaas said:

The lowest price that you can sell your services for on Fiverr is $5. If you are promising your services for $1, but you "would never accept that much", then you are presenting yourself as a desperate liar. No one is going to hire someone who misrepresents their prices, and gives off a air of desperation.

Under the gig section in Fiverr, it states "get briefs from $__". Doesn't that just mean that you will receive briefs if they match your category and are that price? It is not shown to clients. It is not for clients to see. If I am not mistaken and clients do see what sellers set their "get briefs from" as of now, that is a misstated/bad wording on Fiverr's end, as it is presented as if it is an option to be able to view and consider briefs starting at that price, not to be what your gigs are priced at. I've used briefs as a buyer as well and at no point did I see what a seller set their "get briefs from$__" to. The only prices I am able to visualize as a buyer after making a brief is on the gigs and the offers of the sellers that reach out to me. None of my gigs have a misrepresented selling price. As none of my gigs are priced at $1, so It is not a misrepresentation.

I believe what I initially wrote must have misunderstood as to mean that I priced my gigs at $1. Like you said, that isn't even an option.

I don't see wanting to receive a brief that is cheaper than your gig as dishonest. Perhaps someone does not want everything that is included in your gig. You should have the chance to consider their brief as well. Additionally, a buyer does not see who received their brief until you make them an offer. So there is no dishonesty towards them, as there has never had any communication and they cannot (or used to not be able to) see what price you want to get briefs from.

Charge what your services are worth, and then go find -- and connect to -- the buyers who need your services, and are willing to pay those prices.

Create gigs that sell themselves.

Successful sellers don't wait for random thing to happen, they go out and MAKE things happen. You are the only person who can make you successful.

This does not guarantee orders. Selllers do not have to be sitting around online in order to gain orders. Great gigs sell themselves, which leaves you open to improve how you connect to your target customers. You do know who your unique target customers are, right?

We work hard to be great consistant sellers, who appeal to our target customers, and whom the Fiverr system sees value in matching to interested buyers.

As for the other portions of your reply, I appreciate the feedback. However, it has the same feeling as one of those "How to become a Billionaire" advertisements. 

They state things like, "hard work = success!", or "focus on your ___", etc.. Basically stating the vague things that everyone who is attempting to be successful already knows and are working towards. At this point I believe it's mainly a matter of "luck", having a previously large social media following before starting on Fiverr, or having funds for advertisements. 

If you don't mind answering in detail, would you answer these;

How did you become successful on Fiverr?

What do you consider a gig that sells itself?

What category do you work in?

Do you have advice specific to illustrators on Fiverr, as the art world is already competitive?

Did/do you have a previous successful social media account?

What advice would you give to a person who was using Fiverr while going through college and/or working a full time job? 

A more specific version of this - How do you make a successful gig with minimal/not much time?

How do you advertise your gig(s)?

Could you paint a picture for me and others to use as a reference? Where do you start "studying the market"? What does that mean specifically?

Edited by the_olivia_
typo
  • Like 11

4 hours ago, the_olivia_ said:

How did you become successful on Fiverr?

I worked hard to establish a solid reputation as a great seller, and I experimented with the details of my gig, until I found what connected to the needs and interests of my target customers. I've done some targeted marketing. I've appealed to the people that I want to hire me.

What do you consider a gig that sells itself?

This would be a well-writtten, well-managed, well-targeted gig (description, details, pricing, etc) that appeals to the needs of your target customers, and convinces them to hire you. It takes time and experimentation to develop a strong gig that speaks for itself.

What category do you work in?

My gigs, and the categories that they reside within can be found on my Fiverr profile page.

Do you have advice specific to illustrators on Fiverr, as the art world is already competitive?

Find what makes you unique, and figure out how to provide that service to the exact people who need the uniqueness that you have to offer. I cannot tell you how to do you; you are the only person who can determine these things. 

Yes, the art world is EXTREMELY competitive. I know this well, since I have a degree in art. I also know that it is an artist's uniqueness that sells. Determine your uniqueness -- that no one else but you has -- and connect that uniqueness to the people that can benefit from it.

Did/do you have a previous successful social media account?

My social media presence is of no consequence to you. You knowing what sites I am active on, is not going to make you a better seller.

What advice would you give to a person who was using Fiverr while going through college and/or working a full time job? 

I would give them the same advice I've been giving everyone else. If doesn't matter whether you are in colllege, or working another job. If you want something bad enough, you'll spend the time, and sacrifice the assets necessary to make it happen.

How do you make a successful gig with minimal/not much time?

You can do so with as much time as it takes, with as much experimentation as it takes (until you find what works for you), and with as much effforts as is necessary to achieve the goals that you have set for yourself, and for your freelance business.

You will never achieve success by cutting corners, and devoting "minimal/not much time" to your business ventures. You are either all in, are all out. There is no easy middle ground.

How do you advertise your gig(s)?

How I advertise my gigs is not for you to know. 

Determine who your target customers are, figure out where those target customers are located, and then go to those places, and find creative, appealing, targeted ways to convince those target customers to hire you. YOU are going to have to do the research neccessary to determine what works for you. I cannot guarantee that any specific method will work for you, just as my methods are completely irrelevant on YOUR path to success. What works for me, is unlikely to work for you in the same way.

Could you paint a picture for me and others to use as a reference? Where do you start "studying the market"? What does that mean specifically?

No, I cannot, because you are asking me to provide you with all the answers. You are going to have to research and determine what works for you. 

Who are you trying to sell your services to? Specifically. Once you can answer that question, then find, study, and research what these people need, what appeals to them, and how your specific services can solve those needs. Yes, it willl take time to figure this stuff out. There are no easy, quick answers. If you're looking for easy and quick, then you're not ready -- or in the right mindset -- to be a successful freelancer.

Freelancing is a job/career choice. Freelancing is a business. Think like a business person, set goals, and work to achieve those goals.

Edited by jonbaas
  • Like 8
  • Up 2

Guest freelancerjabir
On 10/17/2022 at 6:10 AM, the_olivia_ said:

Hello,

I am actually quite upset that the buyer request section is being removed as it was the only way I ever got any clients. Since the briefs came out, I only received one of them, but that person decided to go with a different artist. This was more than a month ago. And before that I hadn't received any briefs at all.

I also no longer get any buyer requests. I'm assuming this is because they're being discontinued. The few buyer requests that I used to receive allowed me to actively search for and find clientele on this platform. Now there is no way for me to be active in finding work here. Because of that I feel like I'm wasting time on this platform. Eventually I'll have to give up on waiting for something to happen, months on end, and find some sort of other platform to use as an artist. Which sucks because Fiverr had been doing fairly good for me up until now.

I've read that some people get briefs that aren't meant for them, but I haven't read about other sellers in a situation like me, who are not getting briefs at all or once every blue moon. I would prefer to receive bad briefs than none at all. Because in that case, at least then I would feel like something is happening behind the scenes, even if it were flawed. Then I would know it's something actually being improved and I am not completely wasting my time.

Those of you who are receiving briefs, what are you doing to receive them? Does anyone have advice on how to actively find clientele? I already have a social media profile for my art, I am online on Fiverr nearly, if not, 24/7, and I even lowered my brief price to "from $1" even though I would never accept that much, just so that I can see any evidence that Fiverr is actually working as intended. Perhaps it's my seller status as a "New Seller"? But if that's the case, then that would make Fiverr fairly useless to anyone who wasn't a part of this platform before in addition of briefs?

Yeah in last somedays I am also facing this thing ! 

21 hours ago, jonbaas said:

My social media presence is of no consequence to you. You knowing what sites I am active on, is not going to make you a better seller.

I do not care to know what platforms you use. I just wanted to know whether or not you started Fiverr with a previously popular social media account. That kind of information could help with newer sellers with our expectations of ourselves and knowing how to proceed on this platform. It's fine if you do not wish to share that information though.

How I advertise my gigs is not for you to know. 

Okay 👍

On 10/17/2022 at 8:11 PM, the_olivia_ said:

No, I cannot, because you are asking me to provide you with all the answers. You are going to have to research and determine what works for you. 

Who are you trying to sell your services to? Specifically. Once you can answer that question, then find, study, and research what these people need, what appeals to them, and how your specific services can solve those needs. Yes, it willl take time to figure this stuff out. There are no easy, quick answers. If you're looking for easy and quick, then you're not ready -- or in the right mindset -- to be a successful freelancer.

Sure. I am not looking for quick and easy per say, just a starting point for my own research or a nudge in the right direction. It's fine if you do not want to share that information 🙂

Edited by the_olivia_
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, the_olivia_ said:

I just wanted to know whether or not you started Fiverr with a previously popular social media account. That kind of information could help with newer sellers with our expectations of ourselves and knowing how to proceed on this platform.

Yes, I did. However, the followers of my social media presence were not the target market for my services, here, on Fiverr, so I did not pursue any significant marketing with them. 

I am not looking for quick and easy per say

Per say? 

just a starting point for my own research or a nudge in the right direction

Well then, consider yourself nudged. Re-read my orignal answer, if necessary.

• Like 6