hamzza_10

Hi,

I am a new seller and I am confused about which category to select. Actually I created a gig regarding Java. I do java assignments and currently category is Programming and tech -> Desktop applications. But I am confused that is it the right category to add my gig or not. I do not have yet received any order on fiverr. A little help will be appreciated. Thanks

• Like 11

Just do a search for "Java" and then click on the category option. That will show you where the gigs are for that are.

So most are in Desktop Applications, then Desktop Application Creation (which is in "Desktop Applications" category), then Web Programming.

So if it's for a desktop app and it isn't web programming then put it in "desktop applications".

But maybe remove the word "assignments" from the gig - if Fiverr sees that they might think it's to do academic work (stuff a student should do themselves) which wouldn't be allowed.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Just do a search for "Java" and then click on the category option. That will show you where the gigs are for that are.

So most are in Desktop Applications, then Desktop Application Creation (which is in "Desktop Applications" category), then Web Programming.

So if it's for a desktop app and it isn't web programming then put it in "desktop applications".

But maybe remove the word "assignments" from the gig - if Fiverr sees that they might think it's to do academic work (stuff a student should do themselves) which wouldn't be allowed.

Thanks for helping. Currently my gig title is "do your java assignments and programming projects" what is your suggestion on it. What other word I should replace with assignments. Any idea?

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, hamzza_10 said:

Currently my gig title is "do your java assignments and programming projects" what is your suggestion on it

Maybe you could say "I will do your Java programming projects" or "I will create desktop apps in Java".

You could put in your gig description that you don't do academic work.

• Like 7

Hello

Well if you are a new seller, then you must know that the word "assignment" is sort of related to academic which is forbidden on Fiverr so better to not use it.

Secondly, do some research first on Fiverr before creating and publishing any gig!

You can try: I will help you in Java Programming, I will program anything in Java, I will do Java Programming etc...

Category: It will be Programming & Tech > Desktop Applications

Edited by smartdezigns
  • Like 8

23 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Thanks for helping. Currently my gig title is "do your java assignments and programming projects" what is your suggestion on it. What other word I should replace 

14 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

Hello

Well if you are a new seller, then you must know that the word "assignment" is sort of related to academic which is forbidden on Fiverr so better to not use it.

Secondly, do some research first on Fiverr before creating and publishing any gig!

You can try: I will help you in Java Programming, I will program anything in Java, I will do Java Programming etc...

Category: It will be Programming & Tech > Desktop Applications

Thanks for helping me out. I am new on fiverr and just learned about fiverr forums few days back. It have to say community is really supportive here. Currently I have more than 50 impressions for last 14 days with 4 clicks. Just changed my title also and updated a little bit of description too. What else can I do to improve my gig? any suggestions? 
Thanks again. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Maybe you could say "I will do your Java programming projects" or "I will create desktop apps in Java".

You could put in your gig description that you don't do academic work.

Thank you. I really appreciate your help. I have updated gig title and description. What else can I do rank my gig any tips or tricks. I have read many tips and tricks online but if you tell me about your personal experience it would be very nice of you.
Thanks again!

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, hamzza_10 said:

any tips or tricks

You could do the free Fiverr course if you wanted (the Online Freelancing Essentials one in Fiverr Learn).

For your gig - you could check how your gig images/video thumbnail looks on the profile and compare them to the top selling gigs in your category. eg. maybe the video thumbnail one could be made so that it's clearer what the gig is about. Maybe the text on the other gig's main image could be made to show more clearly on the profile (which is how it will show in search results). In one gig you say "24/7 Availability." - I don't think saying that actually helps. Putting "unlimited revisoins" on every package might not be a good idea since buyers can potentially ask for 50 sets of revisions or more. One gig's package titles say "Simple", "Advance" - maybe the 2nd one could say "Advanced".

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

You could do the free Fiverr course if you wanted (the Online Freelancing Essentials one in Fiverr Learn).

For your gig - you could check how your gig images/video thumbnail looks on the profile and compare them to the top selling gigs in your category. eg. maybe the video thumbnail one could be made so that it's clearer what the gig is about. Maybe the text on the other gig's main image could be made to show more clearly on the profile (which is how it will show in search results). In one gig you say "24/7 Availability." - I don't think saying that actually helps. Putting "unlimited revisoins" on every package might not be a good idea since buyers can potentially ask for 50 sets of revisions or more. One gig's package titles say "Simple", "Advance" - maybe the 2nd one could say "Advanced".

Thank you. Helps alot.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, hamzza_10 said:

Thanks for helping. Currently my gig title is "do your java assignments and programming projects" what is your suggestion on it. What other word I should replace 

Thanks for helping me out. I am new on fiverr and just learned about fiverr forums few days back. It have to say community is really supportive here. Currently I have more than 50 impressions for last 14 days with 4 clicks. Just changed my title also and updated a little bit of description too. What else can I do to improve my gig? any suggestions? 
Thanks again. 

You are welcome!

Well I will encourage to not over-optimized your gigs.. Usually it takes time to get orders. If you do editing so it must be one time and final (except price changes).. Reason is that if you keep on optimizing your gigs then your gig won't appear on search results because you are continuously editing gigs and it will become difficult to place your gig on search results based on your new changes every time! 

50 impressions for last 14 days with 4 clicks: Its kind of impressive. With the passage of time, it will improve. Just don't edit your gigs too much. Be patient! Enable Set Brief option (on your GIGS Page).

Good Luck!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

You are welcome!

Well I will encourage to not over-optimized your gigs.. Usually it takes time to get orders. If you do editing so it must be one time and final (except price changes).. Reason is that if you keep on optimizing your gigs then your gig won't appear on search results because you are continuously editing gigs and it will become difficult to place your gig on search results based on your new changes every time! 

50 impressions for last 14 days with 4 clicks: Its kind of impressive. With the passage of time, it will improve. Just don't edit your gigs too much. Be patient! Enable Set Brief option (on your GIGS Page).

Good Luck!

4 hours ago, gmuhit_five said:

I think, your catagory is right. I have to try enough for getting your first order.

4 hours ago, nishikanto744 said:

Search the fiverr search box according to the category you are working with.  And open a few gigs then see what category other sellers have selected on the gig.  Then choose the category according to your niche.  thank you

I appreciate you all. Thank you.

• Like 6