Source Files

quiffledesign

So I've been a Fiverr seller for a while now and work mostly in the field of motion graphics. I always offer the source file as an extra on my gigs. Generally this will be an after effects project file, but could also be a psd or ai file. 

Recently I delivered a source file as part of an order only to discover that the customer was able to download and access the full after effects project file before completing the order. I found this massively concerning as they could easily have just cancelled the order and kept my work. 

I contacted customer support regarding this in which they just said that they put a watermark on images and videos (which are not source files and had nothing to do with anything) but they don't do anything for project files. That was it. That was all they said. 

This is a huge issue. Fiverr is generally easy to abuse for customers but this is just something else. 

I wanted to make this post to raise awareness to other sellers to be extremely careful with source files as Fiverr does nothing at all to protect your work. Also if someone could point me in the direction of someone at Fiverr who could address this issue as something needs to be done asap. 

• Like 9
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, quiffledesign said:

Recently I delivered a source file as part of an order only to discover that the customer was able to download and access the full after effects project file before completing the order. I found this massively concerning as they could easily have just cancelled the order and kept my work. 

Ohh this is terrible. I'm a graphic designer if I deliver Jpeg, png, and source files (like Ai or PSD) then the buyer can easily open the file in adobe illustrator or photoshop. And he can export files in any format. but this has never happened to me.  But This could be.

• Like 5
  • Up 3

9 hours ago, quiffledesign said:

Also if someone could point me in the direction of someone at Fiverr who could address this issue as something needs to be done asap. 

You could put it in the same support ticket. Maybe ask them in the ticket if they could pass it on to the developers to make it so that project files can't be downloaded until the project is accepted (or there is an option somewhere for that). There might be cases where a buyer might want to check a project file is correct before accepting the order though.

• Like 6
  • Up 2

On 10/15/2022 at 9:06 AM, uk1000 said:

You could put it in the same support ticket. Maybe ask them in the ticket if they could pass it on to the developers to make it so that project files can't be downloaded until the project is accepted (or there is an option somewhere for that). There might be cases where a buyer might want to check a project file is correct before accepting the order though.

I have been trying but it really feels as like it's just pre-built responses because they just seem to be ignoring what I'm saying and replying with generic information that is not even kind of relevant to the issue. 

• Like 4
  • Up 2

On 10/15/2022 at 8:31 AM, logomarcketplac said:

easily open the file in adobe illustrator or photoshop

And how many people that don’t work with Photoshop and illustrator you think have it installed on their computer? 99,9% of my clients don’t even know how to open or what to do with psd and Ai files that I send them 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

And how many people that don’t work with Photoshop and illustrator you think have it installed on their computer? 99,9% of my clients don’t even know how to open or what to do with psd and Ai files that I send them 

That is true however if someone is specifically requesting a source file as part of the order then it seems far more likely they do have photoshop, illustrator or after effects installed.  

Edited by quiffledesign
  • Like 6