Fiverr Questions- Best Answer Suggestion

cartoon_avatar

7 hours ago, cartoon_avatar said:

I think, as soon as any question in Fiverr Questions category receives the best answer, it should be marked as closed for further answers.

What do all think about this?

This might work if the answer is really the correct one.

If the OP marks the first reply as the answer and it happens to be incorrect advice (such as "stay online 24/7"), I wouldn't want that thread to be locked from further replies. I would like someone to be able to come in say that it was wrong and give a better response.

Also, sometimes more responses will give deeper insight into the "best answer." In those cases, it's nice to have an open thread.

I also notice that many of Fiverr Questions never get an answer marked as the solution. So those threads would never get locked.

For threads where it's obvious that locking the thread from further replies is the best option (such as the threads that start to get spammy responses), I "report" the thread and ask a m0d to lock it to prevent more spammy responses.

• Like 10
  • Up 2

9 hours ago, vickieito said:

If the OP marks the first reply as the answer and it happens to be incorrect advice (such as "stay online 24/7"), I wouldn't want that thread to be locked from further replies. I would like someone to be able to come in say that it was wrong and give a better response.

I think, OP would mark the reply as best answer only if it has actually helped him/her. The chances of marking an unhelpful reply as best answer are quite low.

10 hours ago, vickieito said:

I also notice that many of Fiverr Questions never get an answer marked as the solution. So those threads would never get locked.

In that case, I think it is good to leave that thread opened. May be OP does not find any of the replies as an appropriate answer to his/her question and might need further clarifications.

9 hours ago, vickieito said:

For threads where it's obvious that locking the thread from further replies is the best option (such as the threads that start to get spammy responses), I "report" the thread and ask a m0d to lock it to prevent more spammy responses.

I haven't seen any question as locked for the further reply, as of now. Can we request to lock a question as well (by reporting it)? I'm asking this because I've seen so many people who just post the same already given answer in their wording, without adding any value that can help to provide deeper insight.

• Like 8
  • Up 3

10 hours ago, vickieito said:

This might work if the answer is really the correct one.

Spot on. That's the issue we face here, I think we've all seen the echo chamber of 'stay online, social media, blah blah'.

We've also all seen sellers with no sales advising other sellers on how to get sales.

9 minutes ago, cartoon_avatar said:

The chances of marking an unhelpful reply as best answer are quite low.

I fear it's not that low. Each day I see 'stay online' being liked/upvoted. The same people would mark this as being the correct answer for not knowing better.

12 minutes ago, cartoon_avatar said:

May be OP does not find any of the replies as an appropriate answer to his/her question and might need further clarifications.

True, but I also think 99% of the time the question has already been asked and answered, often countless times. Most OPs don't try to search the forum first but that's kind of a separate issue.

Perhaps an alternate solution would be to only allow sellers of a certain level (be that forum, Fiverr or a blend of both) to answer topics in the Fiverr questions category.

Or actually, I would also like to see more downvote options across the forum. These could also impact / remove forum points.

I think that the loss of forum points would really give a lot of people pause for thought before answering, and they'd quickly learn if an answer wasn't the best.

I say this because points / levelling up seem very important to people here, perhaps because they incorrectly think it impacts their Fiverr performance. Some just 'like' everything they see.

FYI the reporting function can be slow, so if you ever see anything that is just super spammy / bad / incorrect you can tag me and I'll take a look / action.

• Like 6
  • Up 6

9 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

I fear it's not that low. Each day I see 'stay online' being liked/upvoted. The same people would mark this as being the correct answer for not knowing better.

The tendency seems to be to accept one of the first answers as "the answer" ...even if 5 TRS come in later and refute the answer. This is why I search for threads where there are no answers yet, because I have a chance at giving a good response and making an impression on the OP before the "stay online" promoters jump on.

If the "stay online" folks have already responded, the impression on the OP is already made and I don't have much hope of changing their bias towards the first answer. I think @imagination7413 talked about this bias earlier. And it's very true.

33 minutes ago, cartoon_avatar said:

I haven't seen any question as locked for the further reply, as of now. Can we request to lock a question as well (by reporting it)?

That's what I've been doing. I'll usually report with "this thread is becoming spammy, please lock it." Usually it's locked pretty quickly.

15 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

FYI the reporting function can be slow, so if you ever see anything that is just super spammy / bad / incorrect you can tag me and I'll take a look / action.

Thanks @williambryan392! I might take you up on that!

• Like 7
  • Up 2

4 hours ago, vickieito said:

Thanks @williambryan392! I might take you up on that!

Seriously please do! There's only so much time in the day to find these and take action. It's like holding back the tide sometimes. I usually browse the forum for 30 minutes with my morning coffee and you'd be making it much quicker / easier to clean up!

4 hours ago, vickieito said:

The tendency seems to be to accept one of the first answers as "the answer" ...even if 5 TRS come in later and refute the answer. This is why I search for threads where there are no answers yet, because I have a chance at giving a good response and making an impression on the OP before the "stay online" promoters jump on.

True, and people don't read the whole thread. That's why I think downvoting comments would really help steer the forum to a better place.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Perhaps an alternate solution would be to only allow sellers of a certain level (be that forum, Fiverr or a blend of both) to answer topics in the Fiverr questions category.

That's a good idea. It can help to avoid any chances of incorrect answer being marked as best answer, as you and @vickieito has pointed out.

Or actually, I would also like to see more downvote options across the forum. These could also impact / remove forum points.

I think that the loss of forum points would really give a lot of people pause for thought before answering, and they'd quickly learn if an answer wasn't the best.

It can work great to combat the issue, if we combine both of these ideas (allow sellers of a certain level and impact forum points)

Each day I see 'stay online' being liked/upvoted. The same people would mark this as being the correct answer for not knowing better.

I have an alternate solution as well,  what if one gets no points, if he/she reacts on something. Only the one who receives those reactions, gets those forum points?

22 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Thanks, I'll definitely tag you in that case 🙂

• Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

• 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi All! @shaamim 

Like @catwriter said members of the Forum cannot close topics by themselves only moderators can do that. So if you ever need any of your topics closed, you can always ask one of the moderators to do so. We will be happy to help with this and any other questions you might have. 

Have a great day!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, catwriter said:

I'm not sure it's possible to allow users to close topics on this type of forum (InVision).

This seems to allow it:

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/invision-community/finding-solutions-made-easier-r1261/

It shows an option for "mark as solution".

The new Solutions features are available in an upcoming update to version 4.7 of our platform. 

The Solutions option is located in: Admin Control Panel -> Community -> Forums -> Forums -> Select desired Forum -> Edit -> Display Settings -> "Enable Solved?" Toggle + "Allow the topic starter to mark solved?" Toggle

That was from 2022 so maybe that upcoming update has been enabled now (the current release is 4.7.13). Though I don't know if this forum uses that version or higher.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, uk1000 said:

That was from 2022 so maybe that upcoming update has been enabled now (the current release is 4.7.13). Though I don't know if this forum uses that version or higher.

We had something like that on the forum in Questions, and some questions were marked as solved, but it didn't close the topic, and users were still able to post there (including posting nonsense).

• Like 4
  • Up 2

• 2 months later...

I am requesting If you don't know the correct answer, please don't give wrong answer in the forum. Because by reading the wrong answer, many people will be misguided and suffer loss. A part of liability for these damages rests with the person who gave the wrong answer. We should not do anything that exposes others to harm. 🙏

• Like 9
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2023 at 3:25 AM, shuvo_va said:

I am requesting If you don't know the correct answer, please don't give wrong answer in the forum. Because by reading the wrong answer, many people will be misguided and suffer loss. A part of liability for these damages rests with the person who gave the wrong answer. We should not do anything that exposes others to harm. 🙏

Yes, I completely agree with you; the Forum is the sole reliable source of information! So we should keep it up!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3