How works with Fiverr Milestone?

dilshank95

Question

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, dilshank95 said:

One of my buyers has to give me orders every day. So for that he suggested Fiverr Milestone payment method. But I don't have a proper understanding of how it works.

You can set up any custom offer as a milestones order. Milestones orders require at least $50 per milestone, and at least 2 milestones per milestones order. Milestones orders allow you to get paid after each milestone. For you, you could set up each milestones as a day's worth of work. Alternatively, you could set up weekly subscription orders to cover your daily work.

It might be helpful to know what services you offer, to know which one will work better for you. Can you explain?

• Like 21
  • Congrats! 1

17 hours ago, dilshank95 said:

One of my buyers has to give me orders every day. So for that he suggested Fiverr Milestone payment method. But I don't have a proper understanding of how it works

Milestones are great. I know because I agreed to do a large audiobook and it took me a couple of months to do it. It consumed a lot of my time. I wish I had gotten paid after each week. I waited after completing the book to get paid and it really hurts when you have to wait that long to get paid. 

• Like 16

3 hours ago, kendal1747 said:

I know because I agreed to do a large audiobook and it took me a couple of months to do it. It consumed a lot of my time. I wish I had gotten paid after each week. I waited after completing the book to get paid and it really hurts when you have to wait that long to get paid. 

Same here, @kendal1747! I had a large order that started in March and finally got delivered end of August!

Lesson learned! I'm never creating an order that will go over a month's time again. I'll definitely either create smaller orders or break it down via subscriptions or milestones.

• Like 17

To me, milestone orders are not properly explained. I set an order with four milestones. I delivered the first one, and started work on the second one. The buyer gets 8 days to approve the first milestone. The first milestone got auto-approved after 8 days, and Fiverr closed the complete order including the other 3 milestones. End result is, 8 days of work not paid for. 

- Why does Fiverr not open the second milestone, after the first one is approved? So, I can complete the order to the client, as promised and within the time frame

-  Is the client fully aware that now this delay is caused in his order?

- To complete the order I now have to prompt the client for additional payments, as the order has been closed.

There should be more clarity on how these milestones work. Until then I won't use this option again.

• Like 8