Is there benefits of Staying online every day

brownzay

Hello my fellow sellers, I really want to use this moment to ask you guys if there is any benefits of Staying online everyday because I was told it will make one to get order on time. 

I applied that principle but I haven't got order yet even during when buyer request was still available. I only got message from fake buyers. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Not directly, but indirectly you there's 5% chance of getting order.

The principle behind being online is:

There's filter on buyers searchbar "online sellers". If they use it and your gig was listed, then they may contact in hope of getting fast response.

But then your gig thumbnail, description, ratings matters too that may catch their attention.

After also your communication and how you deal them.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, grayprogrammerz said:

Not directly, but indirectly you there's 5% chance of getting order.

Wouldn't that apply only if only 20 sellers were online at the time (well, 20 or so) AND the buyer was absolutely committed to buying something? 
I understand the logic, but I have to disagree.

Especially in crowded categories (and because 'be online' is such common advice) it doesn't really matter. If anything, I notice that I get spam when I'm online and actual orders otherwise. 

I do agree that having a good gig IS importat, but I'd say it's probaly the most important thing (communication comes right after, but first you need to catch the buyers' attention.)

Don't waste time being online, it's not worth it.

2 hours ago, brownzay said:

Hello my fellow sellers, I really want to use this moment to ask you guys if there is any benefits of Staying online everyday because I was told it will make one to get order on time. 

I feel like you're proving me right here - but anyway, what I wanted to add directly to you is that persevering/figuring out what works for you (and selling something you genuiely ARE good at) are much more important than listening to bogus advice. 

• Like 9
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure different people will say different things, but if you want my honest opinion, my answer is NO.
It doesn't matter how long you stay online, it doesn't make any difference if you hang out in the forum everyday.
Bottom line is you need to make your gig stand out, and if your gig is a competitive one ( like logo designs and such) you really need to
know how to market your gig. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 10/13/2022 at 11:14 PM, katakatica said:

Wouldn't that apply only if only 20 sellers were online at the time (well, 20 or so) AND the buyer was absolutely committed to buying something? 
I understand the logic, but I have to disagree.

Especially in crowded categories (and because 'be online' is such common advice) it doesn't really matter. If anything, I notice that I get spam when I'm online and actual orders otherwise. 

I do agree that having a good gig IS importat, but I'd say it's probaly the most important thing (communication comes right after, but first you need to catch the buyers' attention.)

Don't waste time being online, it's not worth it.

offcourse I mentioned some conditions like "If ... your gig was listed..." Means if there's 20 sellers, and you are lucky one having gig being listed on top, then there's greater chance a buyer contacts you.

Also I mentioned "After also your communication and how you deal them. "

• Like 2
  • Up 3

On 10/13/2022 at 6:55 PM, brownzay said:

The benefits:

• You are wasting your time because no one will give you any order
  • You are also not learning anything, instead you are watching paint dry.
  • You are not learning anything because you're wasting time on something that doesn't work.

So, are there any benefits of staying online? NO. It's just a myth created by people trying to make their competitors waste time, most likely. But this was proven time and time again to be a busted myth that never works.

• Like 9
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 2

There is a benefit *if* you're in the habit of getting lots of messages about your products and services, to which you don't usually respond in a very timely fashion purely because you miss seeing them arrive. The benefit is only in respect of noticing more efficiently those moments when the messages land and need replies from you. Responding promptly means you make a good impression on buyers and can have a better dialogue than if you're offline and leaving many hours or days between responses. 

My conversion is much higher if I do my editing at the same time as having my Fiverr window open -- AND regularly checking for incoming messages, of course! There's no sense in being online and not interacting with customers in any way during that time, just hoping for the 'ranking fairy' to drop from the sky and elevate your standing here.

There's no magical formula that enhances your visibility or 'ranking' (not that such applies per se these days) by being online.

I cannot see being online brings any benefit for new Fiverr sellers or those without a lot of incoming mail. For me, it makes sense to stay online for long periods since my 'inbox response time' drops to 'every 4 hours' or every 3 hours if I am not watching for new messages. The reason is because a) I do not use a smartphone so get zero notifications at the moment a message lands, and b) my work is so engrossing when I go offline that the hours whizz by. Although I may intend to log in and check messages hourly, the reality is that I get immersed in work and miss those frequent logins that can result in answering buyers at the moment they seek the responses.

So, having tried both ways, I find it works for me to have Fiverr open and to respond to business messages urgently when they arrive; it not only benefits my response time (which is atrocious at present due to doing a 250k-words edit on a ridiculously tight deadline) but it also means I do not accrue a backlog of messages that only serve to pile on pressure next time I log in!

I logged in today to answer messages, finding there were ten requests for costings. This kind of thing makes my heart sink.

I'd rather address them when they arrive and not let that pile-up happen.

Annie

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Is there benefit to have your phone ready if you're waiting for a call?

Is there benefit to be available if you want to work?

When I think about "being online" I think about being ready, being available, being focused. I would never suggest to just look at the phone/desktop waiting for something to happen. I'm talking about finding our own way to stay focused on our business and on our clients demands. 

For example, I bring always with me my smartphone, where I've installed Fiverr's app and I set the business "online". That can be plenty useful (as mentioned on the previous messages) but I've found better for me to mute the sounds of the notifications (of all the apps). I still get notified by Fiverr but my nerves are not jumping on each alarm (how cute is that Fiverr's alarm!) and, since I'm in the studio, recording trombone tracks, with this method I don't need to be worried about "noises" during the session (and neither my customers eheh).

However, sometimes I do turn on the alarms because I'm waiting to receive something specific (a call, a message, a notification...): being flexible can be helpful too!

In conclusion, I've found useful to be committed to my business and I think that "being online" (with this meaning) is better than create a gig on Fiverr and leave, waiting for something to happen. We've decided to open an online store after all! If we open a shop on the street and the doors are constantly closed because we're waiting for the clients to call us, it will be harder to get orders (if there are other shops open nearby). On the other side, being open all the time, day and night, can be stressful too (and yet some big stores do it!). Enjoy your work!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, gomesanik said:

Hi, I hope you can already get your answer about the benefits of staying online every day. But I say, you should stay online 24 hours and try to send 10 buyer requests per day. It can help you grow your impression and clicks and get a chance to rank your profile. Also, you can download the Fiverr app on your phone and get this good chance.  If you stay online 24 hours it should be easy to get the first order.

You joined Fiverr in May 2021 - 17 months ago, and to date you a have achieved just one sale.  The experts on here have stated that staying online 24/7 has no benefit whatsoever, yet you disagree with them?   

If you did stay online for every hour YOU have been on Fiverr your conversion rate would have been one sale for every 12410 hours online.   

Surely you can't agree that these numbers have worked to your advantage. 

Also, buyer requests have been phased out.  I suggest you read the forum yourself before providing fictitious information.  

• Sad 1
  • Up 3

3 minutes ago, mehmmod21 said:

Hi ,i have an active order on my denied gig .Is there any possiblity to recover my denied gig ?

Unlikely. Ask support@fiverr.com

57 minutes ago, breals said:

Surely you can't agree that these numbers have worked to your advantage. 

‘Horse’ and ‘water’ come to mind.

• Like 1