Buyer asked for a revision in which he didn't specify what to edit

khafff

Question

...but instead asked me to wait for a week until he can take a look at the delivery properly.
Again. Used a revision. Didn't specify what to change. Asked to wait for a week.

What do I do in this situation? Do I just ignore this revision request and wait for a week? I suppose time doesn't run out since I delivered the order on time.

Fiverrheroes, help!

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2

12 answers to this question

This has happened to me.  I immediately ask them what their revision request was. If they say they just need more time, I'd give them 48 hours. Then, I'd send another message asking for any revisions. If they don't respond in two more days, I'd redeliver the file and remind them that I need information about what they'd like me to revise if they make the request. Sometimes, you simply have to be persistent in delivering with the utmost professionalism no matter how aggravating things get. 

It appears Fiverr is testing a new system where buyers can click a button to get more time to review without going through the revision request system. I'm not sure of its status though.

• Like 10
  • Up 5

6 minutes ago, khafff said:

...but instead asked me to wait for a week until he can take a look at the delivery properly.
Again. Used a revision. Didn't specify what to change. Asked to wait for a week.

What do I do in this situation? Do I just ignore this revision request and wait for a week? I suppose time doesn't run out since I delivered the order on time.

Fiverrheroes, help!

It is against ToS to misuse the revision button like that.

Nowadays, the buyer also has an option to extend the review period by a few more days.

You can redeliver and point to the fact that they are breaking ToS or, you can graciously accept their decision and wait a week, a month, a year or whatever they see fit to avoid conflict.

• Like 14
  • Up 2

7 minutes ago, sunboatrecords said:

It is against ToS to misuse the revision button like that.

Nowadays, the buyer also has an option to extend the review period by a few more days.

You can redeliver and point to the fact that they are breaking ToS or, you can graciously accept their decision and wait a week, a month, a year or whatever they see fit to avoid conflict.

Well, I don't want any conflict here because either cancellation or a bad review will ruin my sales for at least a month (based on a previous experience). It seems that I don't have any choice here.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2

So anyways, I said this: 

Hi, ***. Sure, I understand your worries and can wait for next week. That's not a problem for me! 🤗
I will text you again on October 20th or it will be even better if you can text me earlier.

However, let me help you a bit here. I want to let you know that using a revision button like that is against Fiverr's Terms of Service (so quite literally it's dangerous for your profile).
You can always use the "extend delivery time" option instead if you need more time. 

Cheers!

What do you think? 

• Like 9
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, khafff said:

So anyways, I said this: 

Hi, ***. Sure, I understand your worries and can wait for next week. That's not a problem for me! 🤗
I will text you again on October 20th or it will be even better if you can text me earlier.

However, let me help you a bit here. I want to let you know that using a revision button like that is against Fiverr's Terms of Service (so quite literally it's dangerous for your profile).
You can always use the "extend delivery time" option instead if you need more time. 

Cheers!

What do you think? 

Nothing wrong with that!

The middle part could have been avoided since you already made your decision. That would eradicate all shades of conflict or displeasure on your part.

• Like 10
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, sunboatrecords said:

Nothing wrong with that!

The middle part could have been avoided since you already made your decision. That would eradicate all shades of conflict or displeasure on your part.

Dam. I tried to be as smooth and positive as possible and share this info so this buyer won't confuse someone else in future.

• Like 7
  • Up 2

9 minutes ago, khafff said:

Dam. I tried to be as smooth and positive as possible and share this info so this buyer won't confuse someone else in future.

Don't worry about it. Nothing you can do now. Just learn from it.

The “it's dangerous for your profile” part was far from optimal to avoid friction. You put the buyer on the edge and, if they are an anxious person, they can react to this.

We are talking about avoiding conflict; not that is the proper way to act.

There are sellers who would elect to keep re-delivering after the 72-hour window had passed.

Edited by sunboatrecords
  • Like 9
  • Up 2

17 hours ago, sunboatrecords said:

Don't worry about it. Nothing you can do now. Just learn from it.

The “it's dangerous for your profile” part was far from optimal to avoid friction. You put the buyer on the edge and, if they are an anxious person, they can react to this.

We are talking about avoiding conflict; not that is the proper way to act.

There are sellers who would elect to keep re-delivering after the 72-hour window had passed.

72 hour window? I don't think I follow... Is that like a Fiverr system thing? I thought I have no limits on when to provide new revision.

• Like 7
  • Up 2

On 10/13/2022 at 2:09 PM, melanielm said:

This has happened to me.  I immediately ask them what their revision request was. If they say they just need more time, I'd give them 48 hours. Then, I'd send another message asking for any revisions. If they don't respond in two more days, I'd redeliver the file and remind them that I need information about what they'd like me to revise if they make the request. Sometimes, you simply have to be persistent in delivering with the utmost professionalism no matter how aggravating things get. 

It appears Fiverr is testing a new system where buyers can click a button to get more time to review without going through the revision request system. I'm not sure of its status though.

This is so cool. Thanks for your reply 

• Like 3
  • Up 2