[ADVICE] Account got suspended for no reason

timtil1312

Hi there,

My account got suspended, and the absurd reason given by fiverr is that I have a 2nd account, however I never had a 2nd account.
I have been working on fiverr since 2017, have 1800+ 5* reviews, and over 4000 orders completed, and of course never created a second account as I know the TOS by heart. Never broken and TOS.
I am thinking to lawyer up and see what can be done, as my livelihood is at stake at this point. Has anyone been in a similar position? I suspect it is related to the fact that I generally travel a lot and occasionally log in from public wifis, however it doesn't make sense at all?
Thank you!
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

Hi there,

My account got suspended, and the absurd reason given by fiverr is that I have a 2nd account, however I never had a 2nd account.

I have been working on fiverr since 2017, have 1800+ 5* reviews, and over 4000 orders completed, and of course never created a second account as I know the TOS by heart. Never broken and TOS.

I am thinking to lawyer up and see what can be done, as my livelihood is at stake at this point. Has anyone been in a similar position? I suspect it is related to the fact that I generally travel a lot and occasionally log in from public wifis, however it doesn't make sense at all?

Thank you!

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, timtil1312 said:

Hi @timtil1312 - have you reached out to Fiverr since receiving the notification of your account suspension?

I'm not sure what may have triggered it if you don't have another account. Using public wifis shouldn't affect it because it would still be under the same account. Is there anyone else in your household (or who shares the same device or internet) with a different account? 

It wouldn't hurt to reach out to Fiverr for more information or to state your case. Especially if you don't see a reason for the suspension. 

Edited by vickieito
FYI...I did ask for your two threads to be merged, since they are on the same topic.
  • Like 8
  • Up 2

5 minutes ago, sunboatrecords said:

I am sorry to read this.

If they suspended you, they must be suspicious that you are WORKING from a second seller account.

Not merely appearing in another location, or having logged into Fiverr from an alternative google profile.

You must appeal their decision.

Thanks. I have never worked from a 2nd profile, never created any 2nd profile, and never broke any TOS. I have appealed, asked to chat with a senior manager/employee, I even asked them to call me and gave them my personal phone number. I have also contacted many law firms in Israel and prepared to fight for my account, as I know their excuse for suspending me is totally inaccurate.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Hi @timtil1312 - have you reached out to Fiverr since receiving the notification of your account suspension?

I'm not sure what may have triggered it if you don't have another account. Using public wifis shouldn't affect it because it would still be under the same account. Is there anyone else in your household (or who shares the same device or internet) with a different account? 

It wouldn't hurt to reach out to Fiverr for more information or to state your case. Especially if you don't see a reason for the suspension. 

Thanks, no one is my household has ever used fiverr, not even any of my friends has ever used fiverr etc. I never created a 2nd account, so I have already asked for more information from a senior fiverr manager. I am prepared to lawyer up and fight for my account.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, timtil1312 said:

Thanks. I have never worked from a 2nd profile, never created any 2nd profile, and never broke any TOS. I have appealed, asked to chat with a senior manager/employee, I even asked them to call me and gave them my personal phone number. I have also contacted many law firms in Israel and prepared to fight for my account, as I know their excuse for suspending me is totally inaccurate.

I really feel for you. From what I know, they have a 90-day window to finalize big decisions like this.

Not sure if you can challenge them as they are not your employer. I am sure that a lawyer who specializes in online platforms can advise you.

Edited by sunboatrecords
  • Like 7
  • Congrats! 2

2 minutes ago, sunboatrecords said:

I really feel for you. From what I know, they have a 90-day window to finalize big decisions like this.

Not sure if you can challenge them as they are not your employer. I am sure that a lawyer who specializes in online platforms can advise you.

Thanks, already contacted multiple law firms in Israel. I will not let an account with 1800 5* reviews and 4000 completed orders get suspended for no reason at all. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, timtil1312 said:

Thanks, no one is my household has ever used fiverr, not even any of my friends has ever used fiverr etc. I never created a 2nd account, so I have already asked for more information from a senior fiverr manager. I am prepared to lawyer up and fight for my account.

It looks like your suspension is pretty recent and Fiverr Support has been a little slow on their responses over the last several days (at least from my perspective). They were resolving all my tickets within a couple of hours, and then over the last few days, very slow responses. 

If you dispute it, it can take Fiverr 90 days to review your account suspension and make a decision on whether to reinstate it or not.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, sunboatrecords said:

Good luck! Do the lawyers think that you can challenge them?

I will avoid replying to that since I don't want to reveal the steps I will be taking, however you can be sure that if they broke their own TOS ( which means, suspending my account without an actual reason/proof , and I can assure you there is no reasoning behind it ), they should be moves that I can make.

Again, this isn't a lvl1 account with 10 reviews.

It's a 5 year old account, with 4000++  competed orders, 1800++ 5* reviews and a rather big amount of happy clients. This is basically my livelihood taken away in a second, for a false decision of fiverr.

• Like 8

Just now, timtil1312 said:

I will avoid replying to that since I don't want to reveal the steps I will be taking, however you can be sure that if they broke their own TOS ( which means, suspending my account without an actual reason/proof , and I can assure you there is no reasoning behind it ), they should be moves that I can make.

Again, this isn't a lvl1 account with 10 reviews.

It's a 5 year old account, with 4000++  competed orders, 1800++ 5* reviews and a rather big amount of happy clients. This is basically my livelihood taken away in a second, for a false decision of fiverr.

Please let us know of the outcome. It will be very interesting for us all.

If they understand that they made a mistake, they will correct it.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

Update : Fiverr customer support is no longer replying to my messages, last sent today, but they didn't reply to yesterday's email either.

I have created a new account so I am able to access their team via the ticket system ( of course this was done after my main and only account was suspended ).

I am in talks with lawyers from Tel Aviv on how to handle this situation. 

I had 50 active orders, and over 4000 completed orders. I really wonder who in his right mind would create a 2nd account to get even more work. I could barely handle the work on the one account, can't imagine having two.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, timtil1312 said:

Update : Account is back, Fiverr admitted they made a mistake. Of course, I got completely destroyed as all of my active orders were cancelled & most of my clients found someone else for their projects. For now, I am trying to build my client base. 

That's sad. I hope they fix your algorithm tho.

• Like 4