What's your favourite thing to drink? (recommendations accepted)

katakatica

So, the story goes (because with me, there will always be a story) is that -I'm not good at staying hydrated At all. I don't like water and honestly struggle with other drinks as well (not always, depends.) 

Now what I do love is copious amounts of tea - so when I can be bothered, that's what I make (or coffee). Even now, I have a coconut lemon meringue tea on the side of my desk, with loads of honey (I caught a bit of a cold in Poland, probably because I couldn't figure out how NOT to have the AC on in my hotel room (it MIGHT also be a new requirement of not heating up the place too much, but based on how dry/cold the air was, it felt like AC.) 

Anyway, so I'm always up to trying new things (new flavours, juices, etc.) so..

Tell me, what keeps YOU hydrated? Are you a water-all-day person? Or do you sip on soda while working? 

We ordered some box hot chocolate mix weeks ago but never got it (eek) so I'm even considering picking that up next time in the store. 

I'm also (just in general) curious about people who primarily freelance/work from home - how good are you at reminding yourself to drink? When I nannied/taught, I feel it was easier in a way since I saw the kids drink and my brain went 'oh. by the way, it's 2 and you haven't had a single sip of water since the morning'. 

So yeah, I'd love to hear what you love to drink / how you make sure you don't get dehydrated!

(this post is unedited/not proofread as I'm just bored/sick and curious.)

• Like 10

I woke up one morning during Lockdown, and opened the packet of peppermint tea that had been sat in my kitchen cupboard for what seemed like years. We had run out of coffee and I didn't want to venture out during the pandemic.  I haven't looked back since!  I drink probably 10 cups of it a day.  I'm not sure if it's doing me any good, but it has allowed me to cut out the caffeine, which isn't a bad thing. 

When i'm not working, and like most British men, I love a nice cool pint of larger.  Although as I get older, the hangovers get worse. 😀

• Like 7
  • Up 2

9 minutes ago, breals said:

We had run out of coffee and I didn't want to venture out during the pandemic.

Do you have a brand you prefer? I used to order Bird&Blend (their chocolate mint tea is amazing) before there were new taxes on tea (well, everything) from the UK, but I'm hoping to splurge on something nice before Christmas. Swedish tea just isn't quite the same (though some specialty brands are awesome) 

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Pepsi for me.

My college years was all about pepsi. There was this vending machine in the art building and when you chose the pepsi button ( the second one from the bottom) for some reason it ALWAYS gave us an extra can. I will sometimes keep it, give it to a classmate, and they will do the same.
The vending machine stayed broken like that for about a year then finally some b*****d fixed it!!
Oh, good memories.

OK, so what do I drink....water, tea, and coffee.

I have heard many times that 2 liters of water is the ideal amount per day, but it's really hard!!
I'm not sure how much I am drinking everyday, but I'm sure it's less than 2 liters.
I wonder how I can remind myself to drink that much...

• Like 8
  • Up 2

58 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

The vending machine stayed broken like that for about a year then finally some b*****d fixed it!!

It took them quite a while to do that though! I mean, a whole year? (I'm guessing the students weren't so eager to report what was going on thougjh, so it makes sense.)
I feel like if I drink 1,5 liters all together that's already 'good' (as in, I barely drink more than that.) Tried cute waterbottles, flavouring but.. nope. I do love juiceboxes though!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, katakatica said:

So, the story goes (because with me, there will always be a story) is that -I'm not good at staying hydrated At all. I don't like water and honestly struggle with other drinks as well (not always, depends.) 

Now what I do love is copious amounts of tea - so when I can be bothered, that's what I make (or coffee). Even now, I have a coconut lemon meringue tea on the side of my desk, with loads of honey (I caught a bit of a cold in Poland, probably because I couldn't figure out how NOT to have the AC on in my hotel room (it MIGHT also be a new requirement of not heating up the place too much, but based on how dry/cold the air was, it felt like AC.) 

Anyway, so I'm always up to trying new things (new flavours, juices, etc.) so..

Tell me, what keeps YOU hydrated? Are you a water-all-day person? Or do you sip on soda while working? 

We ordered some box hot chocolate mix weeks ago but never got it (eek) so I'm even considering picking that up next time in the store. 

I'm also (just in general) curious about people who primarily freelance/work from home - how good are you at reminding yourself to drink? When I nannied/taught, I feel it was easier in a way since I saw the kids drink and my brain went 'oh. by the way, it's 2 and you haven't had a single sip of water since the morning'. 

So yeah, I'd love to hear what you love to drink / how you make sure you don't get dehydrated!

(this post is unedited/not proofread as I'm just bored/sick and curious.)

Not enough money to drink coconut lemon meringue tea So Water...

• Like 6
  • Up 2

One cup of black coffee in the morning, water with some type of flavoring (lemon juice, flavored fizzy water, etc.) all day, a cup of tea (mint, lemon, cinnamon, etc.) in the afternoon. Sometimes I go wild and have a second cup of coffee after lunch. 

My family always waters down everything we drink cold. People find it very odd. When my kids drank juice when they were younger, it was always about 25% juice, 75% water. I water down things like LaCroix... we even water down ginger ale and other sodas the rare times we drink those. Prepared beverages have too much flavor and sweetness, and water is much healthier on its own. I can't stand to drink plain water though.

• Like 9
  • Up 2

I drink about 2L of a "local" spring water a day (Big8).
When I have soda, it's generally a cane sugar root beer or ginger ale (Chill Street).
When I have a tea, it's usually has cinnamon and/or hibiscus, and be sweetened with turbinado sugar or maple syrup* (no specific brands).
I used to drink carnation and coffee crisp hot chocolates, but both are Nestle so they're off my radar now. I haven't figured out an alternative I like yet.

* I have a bourbon maple syrup which is amazing. Sometimes I pour a little into hot water and that's my "tea".

• Like 8

21 hours ago, katakatica said:

I'm guessing the students weren't so eager to report what was going on

Ohhhh, let me tell ya, we were NOT happy when we found out that the machine got fixed!!
True true, I know I know, we should have reported it, but a free drink was too good, and we were always sharing the free drink.
We were being good kids! 😝 Well, sort offf?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I drink water for hydration. I've diabetes in my family and generally avoid sugar, but did recently discover this pulpy pear nectar that went so well with white rum. It's been out of stock since, which works out.

I do have ashwaghanda/maca as well as peppermint teas for when it gets cold outside--if it ever will this year! I've also started growing peppermint.

• Like 7

My favorite drink tiers:

Regularly

Home made tea, juice (cranberry, turkey hill, minute maid, grape juice, apple juice, snapple, orange juice, arizona tea, lipton).

Sometimes

Soda, kool aid, milkshakes.

Mostly during summer

Bottled water, green tea, frozen drinks.

• Like 5