How come do the buyer requests never match the metadata on my profile?

olga_ro

Question

I'm a new seller  voice over artist and I found somewhere that checking buyer requests regularly can help boost my sales. 

Now, to be specific as I've been in my profile, I'm a female North-American adult voice over artist. Why do I keep getting requests for middle age men or actors from other countries? Plus as a new seller I get to see a very limited number of options so seeing zero buyer requests that match any of my descriptions is quite discouraging. 

Is anyone else experiencing this?

• Like 7

1 answer to this question

Hi @olga_ro, Welcome to the forum!

In answer to your question -

12 hours ago, olga_ro said:

Why do I keep getting requests for middle age men or actors from other countries? Plus as a new seller I get to see a very limited number of options so seeing zero buyer requests that match any of my descriptions is quite discouraging. 

Buyer Requests are category-specific, so it isn't related or connected to your metadata on your profile. So you'll see a lot of requests that aren't related to your services. I would always see 800 buyer request a day, and most of the time, I wouldn't see any to make an offer on.

However, now I don't see any buyer requests because Fiverr is discontinuing Buyer Requests and replacing it with the Brief & Match feature. The changes has happened gradually over the last several months, so some sellers are still seeing Buyer Requests, but not for long.

To get the most out of the Brief & Match feature, make sure your "Get briefs" feature is turned on (from your Gig page). There will be a lot of irrelevant briefs at first, but they'll start to become more relevant as you train the AI to send you briefs that you want.

• Like 5