First time to see a promoted gig!

theratypist

I know promoted gigs have been a thing for a while now but I have never seen one live in the search results!

A year ago, a Fiverr Pro friend told me it would say something like "Ad" but I never saw one. 🤣

Well... to those wondering what it would look like, this is it. Its listed as the very first gig. And its likely that there's only one of it in every search result (should it appear).

791050419_firsttime.png.295c59fbb361b10ea13643dac52b7577.png

I know, I know... Very random!!!!!

Have a great day/night ahead. 😄

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Well... to those wondering what it would look like, this is it. Its listed as the very first gig. And its likely that there's only one of it in every search result (should it appear).

Thanks, @theratypist!

I just tried a search on my own and saw that the whole top row had the "Ad by..." on them. So I could see 4 promoted gigs.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Oh that's interesting.. That must be a more competitive category. And a profitable ad day for Fiverr! 🤣

I just tried another search for "virtual assisting" and got zero promoted gigs showing up. I hardly ever do searches for that category, so I'm wondering if that's the reason.

The previous category I did a search for was on a category I've done many searches on. It looks like the search results really are tailored to what the buyer is looking for (as well as their likelihood on making a purchase). They are definitely promoting more heavily on the services that I'm most likely going to buy. I wouldn't be surprised if I got emails and targeted notifications on those gigs now too!

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, vickieito said:

The previous category I did a search for was on a category I've done many searches on

I just did one right now and I typed basketball coach and one ad popped up! Then I typed NASA voice and three ads popped up but its all from the same seller. Then I was almost going to say that I think it appears for "specific" searches then I just typed voiceover and four different ads popped up. 

EDIT: Just wanted to add how so many ads pop up now for me?! I've never seen so many in a short period of time. Perhaps before I always just pressed categories and not really utilizing the search bar.

9 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I wouldn't be surprised if I got emails and targeted notifications on those gigs now too!

Vickie I realized that if we were real life (I mean if we became friends from a face-to-face perspective -- not to say we aren't virtual friends lol!) we would enjoy getting to the bottom of these things 🤣 -- Pretty sure I have a lot to learn from you and your experiences!! I saw one other thread and you've done a lot!!! Kudos to you! It was that thread where everyone was talking about their age. I am a little bit over half your age but wisdom comes with age, right!!!!!! 😆

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 8

17 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Just wanted to add how so many ads pop up now for me?! I've never seen so many in a short period of time.

Me either! I've been doing a lot of searches but haven't been paying attention to the little "Ad by..." tag until you mentioned this in your post!

18 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Vickie I realized that if we were real life (I mean if we became friends from a face-to-face perspective -- not to say we aren't virtual friends lol!) we would enjoy getting to the bottom of these things 🤣

Yes! This is already great fun! 

19 minutes ago, theratypist said:

I am a little bit over half your age

Don't make me feel old! 😂

20 minutes ago, theratypist said:

but wisdom comes with age, right

I don't know if that's true. I was pretty sure in my 20s that I knew everything. Now I know nothing. 😊

• Like 6