Bring Back Buyer Request

The "Buyer Request" feature was significantly better than the auto-match algorithm. Many freelancers, including myself, are still receiving no orders and are consequently idle. I am uncertain about the current state of the online industry. A year ago, I was overwhelmed with 30 to 40 orders constantly in my queue, but now, there is a stark contrast with virtually no orders.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2022 at 3:05 PM, visualdelight said:

I have been working hard on Fiverr for several years, and it has been one of my main sources of income. It's heartbreaking that since the removal of Buyers Requests, I have not been getting work for the past two months. Please Fiverr, bring back buyers requests. 

Almost a year passed from this message, what do you think about BRIEFS now? have they worked for you?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2023 at 6:52 AM, evp_productions said:

Almost a year passed from this message, what do you think about BRIEFS now? have they worked for you?

As simple as I can reply. Nada, Nope, Nien. Initially, I got 1 or 2 briefs but they stopped and I have never received Briefs again. It's been almost a year and briefs are just a myth to me. Yes, I have toggled the option to receive briefs but no luck.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/26/2023 at 8:00 AM, joelthealien said:

Is it just me or since the elimination of "Buyer's Request" I have 0 briefs because I can't contact 10 messages everyday to possible clients? and basically lost 90% was lost? 2 years and nothing! Any help? 

Trust me, Its not just you. I also relied on buyer requests. I don't know what Fiverr was thinking when they removed buyer requests. It has been detrimental to SO many sellers including me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2023 at 4:40 PM, gladicea said:

Definitely the buyer request feature was better.  I occasionally get matched briefs and 99% of them are spams. (Other thing to discuss about). So, my workload on Fiverr has been reduced to zero. 

I'd be happy to get back to the old way.

I think everyone would be happy if Fiverr brought back the buyer request system again. It has destroyed so many seller's careers on Fiverr. The new system only appeals to people who are already established on Fiverr and never needed buyer requests to begin with. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2023 at 3:29 PM, alayafaraz said:

The "Buyer Request" feature was significantly better than the auto-match algorithm. Many freelancers, including myself, are still receiving no orders and are consequently idle. I am uncertain about the current state of the online industry. A year ago, I was overwhelmed with 30 to 40 orders constantly in my queue, but now, there is a stark contrast with virtually no orders.

It is sad to see HOW much business you have lost. But yes, the Auto Fiverr algorithm is absolutely dystopian in nature. I think it is anti-human as well. Because before you had the option to try hard and send compelling buyer requests but now you can do nothing but put your fate in the hands of a good-for-nothing algorithm that systematically only prefers top sellers and never gives a chance to help grow new and mid-tier sellers.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

On 8/20/2023 at 7:14 PM, filipdevaere said:

You can always join Upwork if you don't like it here. Nobody is stopping you.

This is a horrible response to say to someone who is giving genuine feedback. In this way, you will simply push away sellers from your platform, or maybe that is your intention?
We are part of the Fiverr community and our feedback matters. Instead, you are basically saying if you don't like the way things are here then get lost. 
Buyer request was a good feature that helped sellers like me get orders. I am not saying that it didn't had problems. But instead of solving said problems Fiverr decided to remove buyer requests altogether.

• Like 5

On 10/4/2023 at 1:44 PM, fahadsikder4 said:

De hecho, creo que Fiverr debería recuperar las solicitudes de los compradores.

I think the same, since they removed it it has become very complicated for me to be honest.

On 10/4/2023 at 1:47 PM, michmikaia said:

Ellos no.

what are you talking about? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2023 at 9:38 AM, vakarmalik said:

Buyer request was a good feature that helped sellers like me get orders.

It was a horrible feature for most buyers. There were so many incompetent sellers sending you copy-pasted offers that had nothing to do with what you were asking. It had to be seen to be believed. It was really, really bad. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, vakarmalik said:

I think everyone would be happy if Fiverr brought back the buyer request system again. It has destroyed so many seller's careers on Fiverr. The new system only appeals to people who are already established on Fiverr and never needed buyer requests to begin with. 

Totally true, and also I don't think there's a problem with BUYERS REQUESTS and BRIEFS living together under the same platform.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hace 14 horas, Newsmike dijo:

Este debe ser un tema candente en el subtítulo de BD de repente, debido a la cantidad de publicaciones que vemos aquí al respecto. No volverá. Fue terrible y lo mataron, para siempre. 

I don't think it will come back unfortunately, they rarely back down from these types of changes.

Edited by mora_13
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2023 at 10:30 AM, vakarmalik said:

It is sad to see HOW much business you have lost. But yes, the Auto Fiverr algorithm is absolutely dystopian in nature. I think it is anti-human as well. Because before you had the option to try hard and send compelling buyer requests but now you can do nothing but put your fate in the hands of a good-for-nothing algorithm that systematically only prefers top sellers and never gives a chance to help grow new and mid-tier sellers.

Totally agree. Also, why destroying something good for buyers and sellers? No one has an obligation to use it. If someone didn't liked it you can ignore it.  Buyers Requests and Briefs are both valid options.

Edited by evp_productions
  • Like 5
  • Up 2

8 hours ago, evp_productions said:

Totally true, and also I don't think there's a problem with BUYERS REQUESTS and BRIEFS living together under the same platform.

I agree. Both could work. But I have been watching a lot of videos and TRS sellers agree that this move made by Fiverr is detrimental for new sellers and it is essentially Fiverr signaling to them that there is no space for new sellers or sellers that do not provide quality in their work. For now, I am going to start to revamp my gigs in hopes of a better experience. But it is still like doing things in the dark. I am not sure what I am supposed to change in my gig to make it more appealing to Fiverr's algorithm. In my case, all the best for you. Let me know if anything helps you out. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, vibronx said:

It was a horrible feature for most buyers. There were so many incompetent sellers sending you copy-pasted offers that had nothing to do with what you were asking. It had to be seen to be believed. It was really, really bad.

I have mentioned before that it could have been resolved with a solution rather than removing it altogether. For example, Fiverr could add a feature for buyers that could flag a certain offer that seems copy-pasted or spam. Then Fiverr could review that request and give a warning to the seller. At first, they could stop them from sending requests for a certain period of time and if the seller kept spamming they could have banned that seller.

Again, I acknowledge that buyer requests we flawed but it did more good than bad in my opinion. In any case, it's gone and done with. I have no hope.
What I can ask you, a Top seller is your advice. Can you review my account and give me feedback or general guidance? 

• Like 6

• Lena locked this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

Ever since the buyer request option is gone, it became truly hard for new sellers to get clients and showcase our talents. 

Fiverr should definitely bring back the buyer request option because simply BRIEF does not really help as getting brief depends on the luck. 

What do you have to say about these?

Edited by yeasinnewaj
  • Like 15
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, yeasinnewaj said:

Ever since the buyer request option is gone, it became truly hard for new sellers to get clients and showcase our talents. 

Fiverr should definitely bring back the buyer request option because simply BRIEF does not really help as getting brief depends on the luck. 

What do you have to say about these?

Why do you need it back? You have never tested it because your account was created in October 2023 then how come do you want it back? It's gone for good. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, ahmwritingco said:

You joined last month, so you probably don't know how bad the buyer requests feature was at times. Exploitative is an understatement. 

I have seen my brother working on fiverr and sending buyer requests, could you share how bad it affected?

• Like 10
  • Up 1