Jump to content
  • 0

Client online / accepting date extension but nor responding.


chrisyass
 Share

Question

Hello there everyone, Hope everyone is healthy and happy.

So after few days of registering, I was able to land my first order, I have had a client ( Who is a Fiverr Pick ) who wanted me to write 20 medical scripts for them in a week. 

I immediately got to doing the job, He only gave me the titles of the first 10 scripts and I've completed each one of them and sent them for his opinion, It has been 5 days without any reply. 

The thing is, The customer is very frequently online, When the job was almost due, I asked for a delivery date extension which he accepted without saying a single word. No replies, No feedback on the first 10 scripts and no titles for the remaining 10 scripts.

What should I do? I don't want to deliver the job because this is unfair to the customer and I also don't want to cancel it because this is unfair to me. I also don't want to exceed the delivery date because we know this affects my profile negatively.

I am here seeking your advice. What do you think I should do?

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
1 minute ago, chrisyass said:

Cancelling the job just like after spending a lot of time on them is just painful. What do you think? Anything else I can do?

Well I don't see other solution myself. I had the same situation and I canceled. You can go to customer support, they can try to contact the person for you and if the client doesn't reply they can easily cancel the order without damaging your ratings. However, you either receive the remaining stuff and deliver a complete order or you don't deliver anything and you cancel. If you do a partial delivery, you can receive an account warning. So.. yeah.. both are bad, the account warning one is worse because it can lead to demotion and even banning. 

So, I understand how you feel, because I went through this too.

What I usually do is I avoid large orders and especially things like milestones. They end up creating a huge mess. I just split the order into multiple batches. Once an order is ready, the buyer shares his requirements for a new order. I had someone that wanted to do what your buyer did even last night, but I told them to just place an order for the stuff he has and then he can order the remaining thing once he delivers the first order.

Unfortunately unless he magically appears with the remaining requirements and accepts an extension so you can work on that, I just see the cancellation as an option. Anything else would damage your account way more, as far as I can see.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1
24 minutes ago, chrisyass said:

I also don't want to exceed the delivery date because we know this affects my profile negatively.

You can ask for an extension from the customer.. And the remaining script names. If not yeah... cancellation would be ideal.

I had a dude that placed an order, said that he would share the requirements, even if he shared a link and the order started. I chased him for the requirements basically, we extended a few times, but when it got close to the delivery after almost a month, he stopped replying. I had to send a cancellation and even then he did not cancel at all, it just canceled automatically. I hate it when these things happen but a lot of people do this... It  is what it is.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1
42 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Well I don't see other solution myself. I had the same situation and I canceled. You can go to customer support, they can try to contact the person for you and if the client doesn't reply they can easily cancel the order without damaging your ratings. However, you either receive the remaining stuff and deliver a complete order or you don't deliver anything and you cancel. If you do a partial delivery, you can receive an account warning. So.. yeah.. both are bad, the account warning one is worse because it can lead to demotion and even banning. 

So, I understand how you feel, because I went through this too.

What I usually do is I avoid large orders and especially things like milestones. They end up creating a huge mess. I just split the order into multiple batches. Once an order is ready, the buyer shares his requirements for a new order. I had someone that wanted to do what your buyer did even last night, but I told them to just place an order for the stuff he has and then he can order the remaining thing once he delivers the first order.

Unfortunately unless he magically appears with the remaining requirements and accepts an extension so you can work on that, I just see the cancellation as an option. Anything else would damage your account way more, as far as I can see.

Well, I guess this is one lesson learnt the hard way.

Thank you.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
9 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

You can ask for an extension from the customer.. And the remaining script names. If not yeah... cancellation would be ideal.

I had a dude that placed an order, said that he would share the requirements, even if he shared a link and the order started. I chased him for the requirements basically, we extended a few times, but when it got close to the delivery after almost a month, he stopped replying. I had to send a cancellation and even then he did not cancel at all, it just canceled automatically. I hate it when these things happen but a lot of people do this... It  is what it is.

Thanks so much for your reply.

The thing is, I've already delivered 10 scripts, that was seriously a lot of work put in. Cancelling the job just like after spending a lot of time on them is just painful. What do you think? Anything else I can do?

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...