Impressions & Clicks Decreased after Changes in Gig

justmoxx

Question

I made some improvements in my Gig, aswell as adding a new description and a video (based on the fact that it increases impressions), but my impressions suddenly dropped all the way down since three days ago (the moment I did the change in my Gig), that's why I don't know what happened, the image & video of my Gig has a good edition and representation of it, and also, my Gig has been having good reviews since the start.
I am thinking that maybe the last order had a bad private review, perhaps?
Other way I don't have any idea, hope someone has had this problem before and knows what to do.
image.thumb.png.ac0c1abc69318b544a0ab65d056324e3.png

Edited by justmoxx
Adding text.
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7

7 answers to this question

Got the solution, none of these persons had it right.

Went to the Help and Support page, there was an option called "Gig not found when searched", selected that one, and my Gig was "on revision" or something like that, so I needed to contact support, so they could review it manually, and I started to receive impressions and clicks now.
I have read the way Gigs work and stuff, no need to come here with a bible talking about it.

If you have made changes to your Gig and some days have passed, it's better to check it out with support; mine was stuck on "revision" almost 3 weeks, so, I think it was already lost if I didn't contact them myself.

And for the other replies trying to be intelligent or something, don't take them serious, better read the official post/blogs/support pages.

• Like 6

On 10/7/2022 at 5:39 PM, mehedishakib0 said:

I think updating gigs made it loss rank

First of all, there is no such thing as gig rank. Gigs don't have rank -- they are NOT ranked like in a seach engine. They are matched to likely buyers, therefore, the only people who will ever see your gigs in the search system are those who the algorithm thinks are most likely to hire you. 

Second, all gig changes are reviewed by Fiverr before they are allowed in the marketplace. This means that after changes are made, the gig is pulled out of the system for review. When those changes are approved, the gig goes back into the marketplace. While the gig is out for review, of course your impressions will go down. This is how Fiverr works.

• Like 11

11 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

When you edit a gig, it will get re-crawled and re-indexed. Everything starts from scratch. Whether your gig will have higher impressions or not depends on the algorithm, which seems to rely more on momentum than descriptions. But you do need good descriptions to get the pot boiling.

I edited my gig and the changes are out there already. My impressions are low from a week ago Fiverr did an update or something? They are still low, maybe a few days , a week,  it will be back up? I had 1 cluck, no buyers yet. Just spam... Still hopeful.   I hope we all get our impressions and clicks up.

• Like 7