Jump to content
  • 0

New Seller Worries & Buyer Briefs


ashwathi_mn
 Share

Question

Hello!

I'm a new seller and I've been reading about how many people used to get their first order through the buyer requests section that Fiverr is doing away with and replacing with Buyer Briefs. But is that open to new sellers? What are some other ways of getting my first few orders? I know that social media sharing could work but I'm lost about where to market myself. Any insights?

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 2
4 hours ago, theratypist said:

I have that turned off.

Why @theratypist?! You can always just ignore it and train it in your spare time!

I still have better luck with briefs than requests and all the projects sent to me are in the $150-$250 range, so I don't mind taking a few minutes to send an offer in. If I have time to make a post on the forum, I have time to respond to a legitimate brief ...and only when I don't have so many orders.

6 hours ago, ashwathi_mn said:

Fiverr is doing away with and replacing with Buyer Briefs. But is that open to new sellers?

Yes, it should be  - you'll have to make sure your gig's title & tags are relevant to your service and your prices are set up correctly in your gig and "Get brief" feature. Your seller performance will also be taken into account to determine if you are a good "match."

6 hours ago, ashwathi_mn said:

What are some other ways of getting my first few orders?

Do you know anyone who could use your services? It might be good to share your gig links with them. 

4 hours ago, theratypist said:

Think were your buyers are usually found... If you had an ice cream truck, you would want to hang out by the park or schools.

Fiverr is kind of like a 7-Eleven. Buyers hang out here for a reason and it's usually because they want to buy something. That's what I do, when I visit 7-Eleven. I browse through all the selections, and then when something  "calls my name" and I go and I buy it. 😊

@ashwathi_mn - I've actually never had to advertise through social media because Fiverr does all the marketing for me. I set up my shop and gigs and try to cater my gigs so that it speaks to the buyers who are visiting. Buyers can browse through multiple gigs, so why would they want to buy yours? Try to give them reasons to use you, and not your competition.

  • Like 7
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Hello! I have also been on fiverr for a little more than 30 days now and I am experiencing the same problem as you. On my buyer requests section, it says no requests found. That may be because there really aren't any requests, but I doubt that's the case when I offer data entry and data processing services. 

About Buyer Briefs, I have had two matches until now; so I guess that works for us new sellers. 

With what I have read here on the forum, Instagram and LinkedIn are the best platforms to promote your gigs (but I personally haven't tried any social marketing strategy yet). 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, ortensa said:

About Buyer Briefs, I have had two matches until now; so I guess that works for us new sellers. 

With what I have read here on the forum, Instagram and LinkedIn are the best platforms to promote your gigs (but I personally haven't tried any social marketing strategy yet). 

Yes, buyer briefs would be the route over buyer requests now. Buyer requests are getting a revamp and new sellers were always limited in their access to available requests even before. However, buyer briefs is still a hit and miss -- I have that turned off. I do think it would be helpful for new sellers as getting even one client from that could turn into a repeat client. And any new sales would help your profile become more visible.

1 hour ago, ashwathi_mn said:

I'm lost about where to market myself

Think were your buyers are usually found... If you had an ice cream truck, you would want to hang out by the park or schools.

  • Like 4
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, vickieito said:

Why @theratypist?! You can always just ignore it and train it in your spare time!

I still have better luck with briefs than requests and all the projects sent to me are in the $150-$250 range, so I don't mind taking a few minutes to send an offer in. If I have time to make a post on the forum, I have time to respond to a legitimate brief ...and only when I don't have so many orders.

Hahaha because of the notifications. It pops up too often 🤣 But Vickie, you might be one of the few people I will listen to and try it again. Haha!

  • Like 5
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Hi, you can still send offers to buyer requests using your fiverr account on laptop / PC or on mobile selecting desktop site on your browser options. Moreover you can see this video for writing a catchy offer to buyer request, I do this and get 90% answers on buyer requests. 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...