phone verification

scottzagoria

Question

Attempts Limit Reached

Unfortunately, you’ve got no verification attempts left for now. Please try again within 24h.

The era of double and triple verification is upon us but technical infrastructure lags behind. I can't input my phone number for verification. Anyone have any suggestions? Kind of lame...

• Like 9
  • Sad 4

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, scottzagoria said:

but thanks for the demi-useful comment

Very well, two can play this game. It's "semi-useful", not "demi-useful". 🙄 

my point is that the valid phone number i supplied was not accepted

If it wasn't accepted, then perhaps it wasn't as valid as you believe it to be. Hundreds of new sellers verify their identity/phone every day. There appears to be a reason why yours was not accepted. I still recommend that you contact customer support if it does not go through, after you are cleared to try again. Only CS can assist you with verification issues. We, here on this forum, are not CS.

i'm just frustrated with the dodgy security interface since inaccessibility hastens our collective demise.

I don't think, "dodgy" is the right word. The interface is not designed to trip people up. Things happen for a reason. CS is there to help.

As to a collective demise, there are other things that will cause that.

3 hours ago, scottzagoria said:

please don't tell me that i should use capital letters at this point in the evening

Done. Not said. But, then again, I didn't intend to either.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, scottzagoria said:

I can't input my phone number for verification.

It would appear that you DID input your phone number, multiple times, that's why you recieved that notification. I recommend waiting 24 hours, as instructed, and if your phone number does not work then as well, contact Customer Support for further assistance.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

i before e except after c, but thanks for the demi-useful comment. my point is that the valid phone number i supplied was not accepted. and, yes, i suppose i will have to contact customer support. i just wanted to know if the issue was general or if i was the only lucky one to have my phone number rejected. sorry for the innate hostility, jon. and i appreciate the reply. i'm just frustrated with the dodgy security interface since inaccessibility hastens our collective demise. and please don't tell me that i should use capital letters at this point in the evening...best wishes.

• Like 10