Any virus from sellers?

I'm new to Fiverr. I just had a new seller make me an ad video. He did an OUTSTANDING job! When I was about to download the completed video I thought "What if this thing has a virus, ransomware, etc." I downloaded the completed mp4 file from Fiverr and saw that 2 separate files were downloading, then the 2 files became the 1 finished file (is this normal?) I scanned the file with Malwarebytes and Avast. It was clean. Do you think the file is safe to open? Does Fiverr scan files from sellers for viruses before the buyers downloads them? Has anyone here ever known of a buyer getting a virus, malware, ransomware, etc from a Fiverr seller? The seller does extremely good work and I want to give him MUCH business. 

Thanks for any answers and advice.

• Like 4

Hi!

Fiverr has its own integrated virus and threat detection, however, the best to do is what you did and scan them on your side.

That said, when you download any file from the internet, it always creates two files on your download folder, one with the name of the file you downloaded and the other name can vary. This second file is a temporary file that collects the data thats its downloaded and when it finishes it deletes itself and it remains just the file.

Not sure if the purpose is to restore the download if it gets interrupted so you don't have to download all of it again or for a data processing issue, but its quite normal for it to happen.

• Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello jamlogtranssol 

If the files have viruses then Fiverr will show the message above the file like "Note: We were unable to scan these attachments for unsafe files. If the files seem suspicious or you were not expecting anything, we recommend you don’t open or download them".

Usually .exe or .msi are virus type file extensions. 

Else you can refresh the page and check again!

• Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jamlogtranssol said:

I guess maybe I'm having beginners jitters. Like I said, the seller's work is fantastic. If things go right he'll definitely get more work from me. I just wanted to be protected in the process.

Totally understandable. When browsing internet, as with in life itself, its better be safe than sorry.

Hope you keep getting awesome experiences here on Fiverr!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2