Higher risk, less motivation, less time investment? ARS

freelancemm

Higher risk, less motivation, less time investment? ARS discussion. Essentially. Based on the new system, does it actually help to demotivate you and actually make you want to work less? Higher risk of putting effort in only to get a 3 or 4 star rating and not risk losing your gig extras by offering up a mutual cancellation. Honestly, it’s pretty demotivating and I am finding it hard to stay excited about not only working on orders but being inspired enough to get new orders. If anything, I think this will actually work against Fiverr’s “quality control”. How can one possibly be motivated when anything less than 5 stars can ruin the reputation of a seller in a very short amount of time? Orrr. Even worse. Not even get paid for it. In essence, with the change, do you think you will be putting a lot less time into your gigs since there is a lot higher chance of a complete refund simply to maintain ratings?

Reply to @madmoo: Eh, I kind of lost confidence in Fiverr when they told me to “work it out with the buyer” on a gig I made a “typo” on that wasn’t ever really proven and they refused to remove the bad feedback even though the buyer was clearly in the wrong and couldn’t provide valid proof(Based on the buyer’s responses, it doesn’t even look like they even went through the effort of asking the buyer to provide proof.). I even had a few basically “blackmail” attempts that apparently weren’t a valid enough reason for Fiverr to remove that I had to “work out” with the buyer by eventually agreeing to simply refund the gig. CS said they would “look into it” and I waited quite a long time.

Biggest issue with some of my gigs is if the buyer doesn’t understand what they’re ordering, they tend to rate it more harsh. So through no fault of my own, I am at a higher risk. In essence, I guess it’s kind of a situation I put myself into as my services work on a more “per client” basis. Honestly anything below all 5 stars is to me kind of offensive for something they spent $5 on that in other places can sell for $50 or more. So silly that it exists, and the best thing we can do is “work it out with the buyer”. At least, this has been my experience as a Level 2 seller. I think for most of the gigs you offer, you just help attract a more friendly crowd. For me, I attract people just dying to squeeze out whatever they can for $5.

Either way, thanks for the response! I like to rant once a month about this just so that when CS might get bored and stop by, most threads they will see are people frustrated with the ARS. 🙂

I haven’t really had sales effect me yet(although I am kind of on a “partial” break) or anyone rate me super harsh although one user didn’t give me all 5 stars despite providing them exactly with what I offer. I would go to Fiverr CS with it, but I already know they will simply tell me to, “work it out with the buyer.”

I suppose that’s a very good point, but you seem to work it out well maintaining such perfect feedback and I am assuming here, many repeat clients?

For the most part no-one really gives me trouble… but there is always that one buyer… and it’s always on a $5 order. Never had this issue on one with extras other than once. Yeah, I try to be nice and all and I am ridiculously patient, but some of them just don’t care.

I am really greatful for the mutual cancellation not effecting us anymore, as I can usually tell simply from the initial order how much of a hassle they will be.

Oh, whoever really. Every point of view is important, 🙂

The stars system hasn’t really stopped my motivation. I didn’t like it when it first came out but I’m getting used to it and I’ve not seen much of a change. My sales have really slowed down, but that’s a mixture of a lot of things.

The one thing that is a real motivation killer is rude and over-demanding buyers. But that’s not due to the star system. That’s always been a problem. With mutual cancellations no longer affecting the ratio, I’m leaning on that more when I get a bad vibe or when I just get a buyer who riles me up because of his/her over-demanding and rude nature.

Archived