"extend review time" - Test

mjensen415

I had it now the first time, and was surprised; my problem with it is, that there is no communication; I do not have any probles to extend the delivery, when there is a good reason - or tell the client, that I will make changes even 3 weeks after he/she paid - because of understandable reasons; 

But when my client wants 5 days more - this means 08. December for me, but I am on Holiday next week (just an example) and cannot change it? Then what, I lose it - no money? 

There must be a communication between seller and buyer and there must be a maximum of days or how often this option can be used for one order. 

• Like 98
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 4

Although I still vote on the 'do not like' side of this topic, I request some type of note or symbol on the delivered orders that have extended delivery times in the list at the bottom of our order page. I currently have two, but there's no way of knowing which they are unless I go into each order and actually calculate the auto-approval date OR stick a post-it note on my screen with their user names.

Some type of obvious on-screen icon/note would help sellers.

• Like 97
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

I've just received my first review period extension as a Seller. 
I'm a music producer and the delivery consists of a 17 seconds length of intro music. The buyer had 72 hs to check it. 2 hours before automatic completion, the buyer requested the review period extension; now, instead of 72hs, it is 192hs (8 days).

Not only this shouldn't be a one-sided decision, but also this shouldn't be free for the buyer. 
And finally, it should be applied depending on the delivery content. 

I don't think this is a good idea, at least not as it is right now.

• Like 97
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 6

"Of course, we want to ensure a win-win situation for both buyers and sellers"

I don't think this is a win-win situation for both. When we want to extend the time as sellers the buyer needs to approve, no matter if we are sick, or weekend or any emergency situation. Now the seller has the power to extend the delivery forever no matter if our gig states 2-3-4 day delivery.

Same win situation for sellers, unresponsive buyers are now rewarded and can have control to retain funds of delivered work, we do our part of the deal doing the best to deliver on time but they don't.

Maybe i would preffer to block those buyers that use this feature in the future before feeling they abuse.

Now i cannot even plan my vacations!

this is unfortunate.

Edited by kickgom
  • Like 90
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 8

I understand this from a buyer point of view, but it effectively holds the seller hostage for their work. Buyers already have the option to just hit 'request a revision' and then enter absolutely no information - which is a loophole which allows the buyer to just continually extend the review time. I think the loophole around revision requests is something that should be addressed first.

• Like 90
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

HI @mjensen415 can  you explain how this works? 

I have been part of this trial (within any notice!) and I found out now becase I just got a notification that the seller extended his review period. I have not been aware of this new rule when I deliver the order so how come I get to know I am part of this new trial but receving a notification of review period extended? 

How many times can the time period extended? I will now raise my prices because without any notification I have been added to this trial. This is a business here not a hobby and this is crazy. 

image.png.cd3afa67c2c25fc53b4ebec5ccb488a8.png

• Like 82
  • Thanks 5

I agree with all previously mentioned opinions on this. there is no WIN WIN here at all. also: fiverr is saying that this is only eligible for buyers who have a buyer history etc? I received the extended review period notification 2 times, and both times it was for a client where I also received the “this client is new to fiverr, make his first purchase a great one” notification. so what is that about? clearly, every buyer can use this new option, while the sellers can’t do anything but having to accept that fiverr is all about its buyers, even though we are the ones, who “work” for the company. like every large organization, it’s time for fiverr to understand that business is not only about keeping customers happy, but more importantly to keep the employees happy, which we are in this scenario. 

• Like 78
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 4

On 10/14/2022 at 12:04 PM, heidelaz said:

My buyer has already extended the order's review period 3 times (total of 12 days waiting time on my end) without any revision note or request at the moment. It feels really unfair tbh. 

OMG..... so you can ask review extension multiple timee?? this is madness...absolute madness 

• Like 78
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2022 at 1:10 PM, mjensen415 said:

Of course, we want to ensure a win-win situation for both buyers and sellers

It should be. Most features are always a loss for us sellers. I don't see why this wouldn't turn into a "endless revisions for free" situation. The seller can't be responsible of the lack of time of a buyer to review an order. After all, the ones who are more interested in the turnaround are the buyers themselves, they should communicate with the seller for a better understanding on when to deliver and review and so on. I don't see why this feature is necessary at all.

• Like 77
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 3

Hi, I just wanted to give my input as a long-time TRS on fiverr....this is very detrimental to my workflow.

It's already bad enough that most of my clients will place an order and sometimes not check any messages until long after the order is due (my typical turnaround is 24hrs)...even when I've repeatedly messaged them asking for more info or to correct their order pricing.  So, they cause my orders to run late while I'm waiting for their responses.

Now, these SAME negligent clients can ask for Review Extensions indefinitely?  Are you kidding me?  Brick and Mortar businesses expect me to pay at the cash register when I order a sub sandwich, not after I've eaten half of it and decided I'd have preferred it with less mayo.

So, similarly to that situation:  I, as the customer, would address it directly with the business, even when my payment has already been processed.  I'd expect that clients on Fiverr can reach out to Sellers via Inbox and say "hey, I'm awaiting review from other team members--I know the order is about to close out, but I may have some feedback in a few days... is that okay?"

That's always worked fine for me in the past.  If Fiverr Sellers are not doing this kind of customer interaction, I think that's in the minority and the rest of the Sellers on Fiverr shouldn't be strung along because the bottom of the barrel is dragging the rest of our reputations.

In conclusion-- we should assume good sellers are the majority.  Those sellers can easily address feedback even after delivery is "auto-completed," and the buyer isn't truly affected, since they paid upfront anyways.  

Please consider removing this feature--or at least allow sellers to have input on when buyers can use it, and approve or deny it before the buyer applies it to an order.

• Like 82
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 2

On 12/2/2022 at 2:17 PM, skane_music said:

I've just received my first review period extension as a Seller. 
I'm a music producer and the delivery consists of a 17 seconds length of intro music. The buyer had 72 hs to check it. 2 hours before automatic completion, the buyer requested the review period extension; now, instead of 72hs, it is 192hs (8 days).

As an update:

The buyer asked for a revision a few hours before automatic completion AGAIN.
I delivered the files within ten minutes. Then the 3 days of automatic completion started ticking.
"Surprisingly", the buyer asked for a revision just a few hours before completion ☺️.

Win/Win situation feels like the best phrase to describe this situation.
I can not wait to get all my work delayed (and, therefore, my payment) indefinitely with a one-sided decision ☺️.

• Like 78
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 2

I have been here on Fiverr for nearly three years......over $150k in earnings and more than 2,000 deliveries......so I am NOT a 'newbie' - I rarely write on this forum but I am so disappointed by this feature that I just had to.

As we are all aware - Fiverr is already HEAVILY weighted to the buyer....but this is supposed to be a partnership......as a full time Fiverr Freelancer I consider myself as part of the team.....so when the team actively works against my interests.....that hurts.

This feature is clearly open to abuse, it provides additional equity to buyers at no cost and furthermore it removes value from sellers along with adding huge disruption to scheduling and time management. 

What am I going to do about it?  Well.....everything that is in my power......I already have more jobs in my queue than enough on any given day so the action I will take is to rate at 1* any client who uses this feature without first discussing it with me and block them from placing further orders with me regardless of whether they are an existing client or not - I would encourage all others to do the same until this abusive feature is removed.

• Like 76
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 2

So here's the thing that has really caught me off guard.....when I make a delivery I get the following message;

image.thumb.png.f0d3b2eeaab36b63cfc431ca4f40d796.png

Note it says CLEARLY that they have until Dec 12 at 9:47 UNLESS they request a revision right?  So surely that should say they have 'until Dec 12 at 9:47 UNLESS they request a revision OR until they take it upon themselves to arbitrarily extend this period without cause, reason or explanation to anyone'??

Honestly - this is by far the worst feature that I have seen added, not just here on Fiverr, but to any platform......it's utterly unfair and the buyer is completely unaccountable for their actions - I am so very, very disappointed....this is supposed to be a partnership....we are working for Fiverr but it feels as though there is absolutely no consideration give to us with every 'new feature' that's added..... 

• Like 75
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/8/2022 at 5:44 PM, skane_music said:

As an update:

The buyer asked for a revision a few hours before automatic completion AGAIN.
I delivered the files within ten minutes. Then the 3 days of automatic completion started ticking.
"Surprisingly", the buyer asked for a revision just a few hours before completion ☺️.

Win/Win situation feels like the best phrase to describe this situation.
I can not wait to get all my work delayed (and, therefore, my payment) indefinitely with a one-sided decision ☺️.

Update of the update:

After I delivered the revision, the 3 days of automatic completion started ticking.
SURPRISINGLY, 12 hours before the completion, the buyer asked FOR 5 EXTRA DAYS. AGAIN.
Now it's almost THREE WEEKS since made the initial delivery. HOW IS THIS EVEN FAIR?

I'm a TRS, now I feel completely unsafe working in Fiverr.

Remove. This. Feature. Now

• Like 74
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 4

20 hours ago, elitedesignuk said:

What am I going to do about it?  Well.....everything that is in my power......I already have more jobs in my queue than enough on any given day so the action I will take is to rate at 1* any client who uses this feature without first discussing it with me and block them from placing further orders with me regardless of whether they are an existing client or not - I would encourage all others to do the same until this abusive feature is removed.

I've never rated negatively a buyer in my career. Even in very unfair situations.

But I can't agree more with this, the abusive and unfair use of this new feature must be reflected in the buyer review history to protect other sellers.

• Like 69
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 5

On 10/3/2022 at 10:10 PM, mjensen415 said:

At Fiverr, we’re continually listening to feedback from members of our community. One of the frustrations for buyers has been when an order automatically completes before they’ve had a chance to review their delivery. As a seller, you might have seen revision requests that are not for actual revisions, but just asking for more time to review deliveries.

We’ve learned that these requests are often due to weekends, the need for approval from co-workers, or…just busy schedules. To help ease this frustration, we’re running a test to allow buyers to request more time to review their order before it automatically completes.

Of course, we want to ensure a win-win situation for both buyers and sellers, so we will only roll out this feature after closely monitoring the implications of this test: he number of orders completed, cancellations, disputes, tickets with Customer Service, and other quality metrics.

This happened with me, the buyer is purposely not accepting my order.. This feature/policy is so wrong

• Like 71
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

On 12/9/2022 at 10:55 PM, elitedesignuk said:

Honestly - this is by far the worst feature that I have seen added, not just here on Fiverr, but to any platform......it's utterly unfair and the buyer is completely unaccountable for their actions - I am so very, very disappointed....this is supposed to be a partnership....we are working for Fiverr but it feels as though there is absolutely no consideration give to us with every 'new feature' that's added.....

I have rated lower star a client yesterday for keeping an order in revision just so he can have more time to review. At the end he didn't even ask for revision. I intended to rate any client with lower ranking if they extend the order beyond the 3 days without justifying it first with me (I am too busy is not a acceptable reason). 

• Like 70
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 2

On 12/10/2022 at 5:11 PM, skane_music said:

I've never rated negatively a buyer in my career. Even in very unfair situations.

Honestly never undestood this behaviour. I guess I need to blame sellers that give 5* to absolutely horrible clients for some of my negative experience. I always check ratings before accepting a project and sometimes can't undestand how this person have all 5* but can't even fill in project requirments form correctly, communicate correctly or is rude or unprofessional. Giving the right rating is a way to help other sellers as well. 

• Like 67
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 2

Just happened to me for the first time, and I didn't know it was even an option. Client got the extension 9 minutes before the 3 days was up. This is an absolute gut-punch to freelancers who rely on consistency of income by making our bill pay schedule based on the knowledge that clients have 72 hours to review our work. I tell my clients that I will make revisions anytime, not just before the job is marked complete. Fiverr people, you are putting us in position of not getting paid for WEEKS because a client is too busy to be bothered to review our work. This is awful and MUST be at least mutually agreed on. 

• Like 69
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, tatjanamitevska said:

I guess I need to blame sellers that give 5* to absolutely horrible clients for some of my negative experience

Two of my worst buyers had nothing but 5 stars reviews. Sadly I didn't get to rate the second one because he hasn't left a public review yet, but he wanted extra work done for free. I gave 4 stars to the first one, he only redeemed and saved himself from a 2 star rating because he placed a very expensive order and was an ok buyer until the delivery when things became hellish with him.

Edited by moonstaredits
  • Like 72
  • Up 3

21 hours ago, tme2012 said:

Just happened to me for the first time, and I didn't know it was even an option. Client got the extension 9 minutes before the 3 days was up. This is an absolute gut-punch to freelancers who rely on consistency of income by making our bill pay schedule based on the knowledge that clients have 72 hours to review our work. I tell my clients that I will make revisions anytime, not just before the job is marked complete. Fiverr people, you are putting us in position of not getting paid for WEEKS because a client is too busy to be bothered to review our work. This is awful and MUST be at least mutually agreed on. 

Agreed..!! 
Same thing happen with me, we need to pay our bills and expenses in due time, but this option really down all of the sellers, at least mutualy option should be  considered. if seller accept this, then time will be increased.

• Like 72
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 4