ARS Delivery Message I Send to Buyers

traxie2001

Hi, Fellow Fiverrers!

We’ve been enduring the ARS for almost a month now–oy! At first, I noticed that my gigs were being rated down by buyers (4 or 4.5 stars) and was frustrated. I still am in general because I think the system is deeply flawed. However, that’s beside the point. What I’ve been doing (and I think it’s working because I haven’t gotten any more sub-five ratings…yet) is sending this message to buyers when I deliver their work:

"Please let me know if you would like anything modified/added and I will do so right away. I want to ensure that you are totally happy with the final product and will work to achieve this.

If you feel I’ve provided 5-star service, I would very much appreciate your feedback on Fiverr. If for any reason I have not earned a 5-star rating from you, please allow me to work to resolve the issue before leaving feedback. Client satisfaction is extremely important to me!"

I know this opens the door to abuse by ridiculous buyers, but most of the people I’ve dealt with are professional.

Thought this might help others. Anyone else doing something similar? Always looking for wording improvements. Thanks!

Reply to @consultantindia: I agree–it sucks and the ARS has made it worse than it was with the thumbs up/down system. Just sharing what I do to hopefully keep the sub-five ratings at bay. I’m willing to put in a fair amount of effort to make sure people are happy with my work–but that may change if and when I get more orders than I can handle.

@traxie2001 that’s a great message, I send a similar message with my deliveries but I do not directly refer to the 5 stars as I still like to leave it up to them but if they were unsatisfied for any reason, it does give me an opportunity to improve the deliver:

I value the quality of the service and support delivered, if you have any questions, comments or anything I did not cover, please feel free to revert back, I’d be more than glad to provide more details and/or extend the delivery to ensure you are happy with the service.

Reply to @consultantindia: I mean if you consider a simple message of courtesy designed to help your ratings and keep your customers satisfied “extra work,” then you don’t have to send it? I also don’t see it as begging, I see it as actually ensuring better communication between you and the buyer and just a smart business tactic.

Reply to @rnuyen:

As another seller mentioned in some other thread, what is the point of a rating system if we need to ask for 5-stars for each order as if they don’t know?

Is it the facilitating platform that has to educate the buyers and sellers or do sellers have to educate buyers?

And, as a seller, sometimes I send more than 50 messages to the buyer while working on an order and I don’t mind sending more in the interest of giving a great experience at $4 since I agreed to work at that price. I mean i can spend my effort here. But I don’t like asking the buyer to rate me well nor in figuring out which message works well with them.

Next, apart from wasting my time on this, in case the buyer doesn’t rate me well (in my opinion), I have to waste more time contacting CS and in keeping track of the status of my complaints to CS.

I definitely don’t want to get trapped by this oversmart move of ARS by Fiverr. You may look it differently.

This is the message I give them when I deliver: "My objective is to provide 5-star service and quality always, so if you feel you have received anything less than that, please tell me how to remedy the problem so I can take care of the matter before you rate me and close the transaction. Customer satisfaction and speed of delivery are my top priorities. I hope we can work together again soon! Thanks for your business!"

Of course, this shouldn’t be an issue at all, but since Fiverr is evidently doubling down on what any intellectually honest person can clearly see is an awful rating system, I guess this is what things have come down to. It’s a shame, really. Good sellers are fleeing in droves. I’m trying to hang in there and I still have my 100% rating, but an ill-wind is a-blowin’.

First, I think the “Begging” is not a right word here… it is a process of communication where you set the buyers expectations with your work and ensure the appropriate rating.

To be honest, asking directly for “5 star” is not authentic as it’s buyers choice to rate the seller. What a seller can ask for is just a star rating (how much stars? don’t know).

Now, a corner case is - When your buyer is uneducated about the fiverr’s rating system. I call such buyers “HURRY FURRY” as they are in so much hurry that they don’t have time to go through the buying process and the rating system. I personally don’t feel good to entertain such buyers. Like an uneducated seller doesn’t get any order…similarly an uneducated buyers should not get his order finished.

Sorry for creating the mess, if any. 🙂

Thanks,

• Vijay

Scam came across. Buyers are free to give stars to sellers, and suppose sellers give 1 star to them, and then the unscrupulous buyers are free to change the rating they provided to the sellers.

When Fiverr customer support is contacted, they respond so lately that orders crosses the deadline and sellers have to face negative reviews. Some buyers blackmail by declining the order cancellation request repeatedly.

"Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions and in case you liked my service a nice feedback or a thumbs up would be much appreciated. Best regards"

That’s how I use to do it.

I think asking directly for a 5 star rating is not a good idea and makes you vulnerable. It gives the impression that you are not convinced of your service or your product and that you are afraid your client may give you a bad rating, because it appears that it is so essentially important to you. Therefore you want to do “everything possible” to make clear everything’s alright. bad business strategy

If you are professional and you keep up a good communication with your clients then you KNOW they will give you the highest rating when dropping this message with your delivery. You know it, because you can kind of pre-feel how the client is like in your communication with him/her. It follows the simple rules of “it’s not what you say, it’s how you say it”. This rule and a high quality product or service will pretty much guarantee you the highest ratings.

We are here to do business after all, so it is important to keep that part clear in mind. Don’t forget, our offers are so off market rates, there is no need to go even lower.

Just my 2 cents…

Archived