'Promote Gig' feature is a joke

computrenginear

Promoted gigs do help me gain more revenue (see the stats of last month as proof). I do have a lot of clicks that aren't conveyed into orders. But I still made a profit with a small investment. In your case, you made $20 which otherwise you maybe wouldn't have earned. So I don't understand why you'd see it as a joke really! 

Untitled.thumb.png.3bf1b25bfebeaa94b7d3e12634d7ebad.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

That red dot indicates you might have to raise your cpc in order to stay competitive with other marketers.

As for orders. Normally you gain more inquiries from Promoted Gigs than anything else.

Can’t force people to buy your services. If they get sticker shock, so be it. 

• Like 20
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, moinahmed656 said:

But eventually when it is gone It takes all my rank gig to the worst position

It's gone because you have performance issues on Fiverr. That means you canceled, delivered late, received a poor public or private rating, etc. 

• Like 20
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2022 at 9:40 AM, computrenginear said:

Have you ever had any meaningful success with the 'promote gig' feature?

Yes. I have seen immense success from that site feature. Great sellers, with high seller performance usually do quite well with "Promoted Gigs".

• Like 20
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

@sabinespoems If you don't call this a joke then I've no idea what you call a joke. (see attachment)
All you get from promoted gigs is extremely cheap leads, one of the two orders ($150) is still active, this is the worst buyer I've ever worked with, first he asked me to complete the task asap, I completed it in less than an hour, then he started complaining why I charged $150 if I can complete the task so fast, such a cheap person, he won't accept the order delivery now, he is looking for an excuse to contact the fiverr support to cancel the order, I'll never use promoted gigs feature again.

this month.png

• Like 13
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, computrenginear said:

If you don't call this a joke then I've no idea what you call a joke. (see attachment)

Why did the scarecrow get promoted? Because he was outstanding in his field, is what I would call a joke. Jokes aside, I think what you're focusing on is the click-to-order ratio. What I see, is making $114,34 due to the promoted gig feature. 

44 minutes ago, computrenginear said:

this is the worst buyer I've ever worked with

I don't think it's related to the promoted gig feature, you just had bad luck in the buyer department, and I'll admit that sucks for you. However, this is something all Sellers are bound to run into. I think you view it as causation (promoted features causing the bad buyer), whereas I believe it is correlation (it just happens to come together).

As @jonbaas mentioned, many people do have success with the promoted gigs feature. But in the end, if you feel it's not for you nobody will force you to use it! 

• Like 17
  • Haha 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/4/2022 at 1:21 PM, leannelrivers said:

I've found it beneficial. I'm not sure how many orders it brings in as I don't think every buyer decides immediately on the first click, but I got two big orders last week through the promoted gig ad.

Well explained. Thanks.

• Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/1/2022 at 12:54 PM, computrenginear said:

Sorry, I think I failed at explaining what I actually meant, I've set daily budget to $50, and cpc to $2 it means, I want Fiverr to use that budget and get me impressions/clicks but that's not what's happening here, it took Fiverr 30 days to eat 1 days budget.

Ohh yeah if you put it like that I can understand where your frustration is coming from. You might want to read Fiverr's explanation of promoted gigs here Promoted Gigs: Terms of Service. For example, they state the following; 

Please note that there is no guarantee that the entire daily limit will be used on any day. 

• Like 10

image.png.a5be67cf15f8b97280573855ee268822.png

The Promoted gigs feature is not a "pay to win" feature. If your gigs are underperforming, you will end up burning money or getting poor ROI.

In my case I get consistent results and I am happy to spend $300 to make almost $2k.

But then again, my gigs are performing above average due to how I set them up and how I facilitate orders.

• Like 11
  • Up 2

14 minutes ago, frank_d said:

But then again, my gigs are performing above average due to how I set them up and how I facilitate orders.

It is essential to set gigs up so that it is easy for the buyer to order without needing to contact the seller. The seller can do this by having their gigs set up so that the buyer gets all their questions answered in the FAQs and cannot place an order until they fill out the requirements on the order page.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 11/1/2022 at 6:54 AM, computrenginear said:

I've set daily budget to $50, and cpc to $2 it means, I want Fiverr to use that budget and get me impressions/clicks but that's not what's happening here, it took Fiverr 30 days to eat 1 days budget.

Have you considered that fact that there just may not be a strong demand for your particular skills right now? If you aren't seeing the kind of impressions that you want, perhaps there just aren't many good buyer matches for you at this time. 

• Like 8