How to identify a fraudulent buyer?

mdminhaz05

Fiverr is a big freelancing platform. So there are a lot of people here. There are good buyers and sellers. Also, it has some bad buyers and sellers. Those who cheat in different ways to protect and achieve their interests. How do you identify them? If you encounter fraudulent buyers, then how did you manage to avoid them? 

Thanks☺️

• Like 3

It's up to you good better or worst. You need to research and study a lot.

First, visit a profile and check out his experience. I don't mean that a new seller is not perfect, you can check out his work and make a good conversation . which will help you to know the capability of a freelancer.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, tinufranklin said:

From Where

Location won't tell you a buyer is fraudulent or not. I am from Romania, does that automatically make a fraud? Does an UK or US user seem more credible to you? I had a lot of US users that scammed me, some even did a chargeback.. so location is irelevant.

7 hours ago, tinufranklin said:

On Fiverr Since date

While I agree new accounts from this month might have more scammers than 2020 or 2015 accounts, let's face it, account creation time is irelevant for the most part. I do agree that reviews might add a bit more credibility, but even so, those people with 4-10 reviews can still be scammers. 

So the truth is that you can't really identify a scammer unless you interact with them, see how they talk, negotiate, etc. That will give you a vibe and show whether he feels an ok person to deal with or not. And even then it can be difficult to identify a scammer.

• Like 3
  • Up 2

It's up to you good better or worst. You need to research and study a lot.

First, visit a profile and check out his experience. I don't mean that a new seller is not perfect, you can check out his work and make a good conversation . which will help you to know the capability of a freelancer.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Location won't tell you a buyer is fraudulent or not. I am from Romania, does that automatically make a fraud? Does an UK or US user seem more credible to you? I had a lot of US users that scammed me, some even did a chargeback.. so location is irelevant.

While I agree new accounts from this month might have more scammers than 2020 or 2015 accounts, let's face it, account creation time is irelevant for the most part. I do agree that reviews might add a bit more credibility, but even so, those people with 4-10 reviews can still be scammers. 

So the truth is that you can't really identify a scammer unless you interact with them, see how they talk, negotiate, etc. That will give you a vibe and show whether he feels an ok person to deal with or not. And even then it can be difficult to identify a scammer.

Correctly said. It is difficult to identify them. Thank you for providing the information

• Like 2