Low competition gig

ishty_505

I was researching to find a title for my content writing gig. However, I am confused with the number of gigs appeared every time I search with any keyword. What number of gigs should be there if we want to call this has low competition? 

I found around 42000. Then I research a bit and found 7000. Should I go with this number? Or I should research more?

Help me to understand.

Thank you. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ishty_505 said:

I found around 42000. Then I research a bit and found 7000. Should I go with this number? Or I should research more?

You could research more but shouldn't you be taking the category into account? If buyers do a search they might be likely to click the category that's most relevant to their search and that should cut down on the number of results. So you could check the number of results for your search in the category you'll be adding the gig to.

Also you've already got a gig in the "research and content writing". Might that be better in the writing category?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4
  • Up 1

On 10/2/2022 at 1:08 PM, uk1000 said:

You could research more but shouldn't you be taking the category into account? If buyers do a search they might be likely to click the category that's most relevant to their search and that should cut down on the number of results. So you could check the number of results for your search in the category you'll be adding the gig to.

Also you've already got a gig in the "research and content writing". Might that be better in the writing category?

Ya I do have a gig " research and writing". But it was actually changed from virtual assistant to this. So the category isn't correct here. And I am not getting any relevant buyer request because of this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ishty_505 said:

So the category isn't correct here.

So if you think it's in the wrong category, maybe discuss it with CS and see if they can change it (if it doesn't let you - you could try pausing first to see if it lets you then).

Or maybe create a gig just for research so that can be placed in the research category (Writing & Translation->Research & Summaries) and maybe you could have another for just the content writing (eg.  Writing & Translation->Website Content).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, uk1000 said:

So if you think it's in the wrong category, maybe discuss it with CS and see if they can change it (if it doesn't let you - you could try pausing first to see if it lets you then).

Or maybe create a gig just for research so that can be placed in the research category (Writing & Translation->Research & Summaries) and maybe you could have another for just the content writing (eg.  Writing & Translation->Website Content).

That's a very good idea mate! I didn't think to knock CS for this since this is my mistake. As I already published one gig in website content, I may request CS to change the older one to placed in the research category. 

• Like 3