Have Fiverr screwed it big time eliminating Buyer Requests?

evp_productions

2 minutes ago, evp_productions said:

What do you think? I would love to listen to your opinions and personal experiences with Buyer Requests vs Briefs

I'd like to hear your personal experience with this too, @evp_productions!

I love that Fiverr made the switch to Buyer Briefs!

There's still room for improvement, but I think this addresses many of the complaints about spammy buyers, sellers posting self-promotions, and sellers having to sift through mountains of useless requests to find good ones.

With briefs, I receive more relevant projects at my gig prices, and I have a higher chance of getting a project if I make a bid. I also like that it comes straight to me through notifications and I can train the AI to send me the briefs that I want.

• Like 20
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi @vickieito, thanks for your reply in this post.

I'm a seller in Fiverr since 2012 so I have been through all the changes.

Buyer Requests was a really good improvement to the system and competitive fair for most sellers.

So far I have received two briefs so in this case Buyers Requests was far more helpful bussiness-wise to me at least (And I'm sure a lot of you aswell) than Briefs. 

As a buyer I made a Brief recently and I received only two offers (with Buyers Requests I received a lot more offers and very diverse).

So my experiences are not good in both cases sadly.

• Like 13
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I'd like to hear your personal experience with this too, @evp_productions!

I love that Fiverr made the switch to Buyer Briefs!

There's still room for improvement, but I think this addresses many of the complaints about spammy buyers, sellers posting self-promotions, and sellers having to sift through mountains of useless requests to find good ones.

With briefs, I receive more relevant projects at my gig prices, and I have a higher chance of getting a project if I make a bid. I also like that it comes straight to me through notifications and I can train the AI to send me the briefs that I want.

You are right with your observations because many seller do send fake offer while some people will post to get clicks. 

I'm still confused on how to go about this brief making. I will be glad if you put me through because I'm just a new seller

• Like 13
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ben_grahicx said:

You are right with your observations because many seller do send fake offer while some people will post to get clicks. 

I'm still confused on how to go about this brief making. I will be glad if you put me through because I'm just a new seller

Hi @ben_grahicx - The first step is to turn on the "Get brief" feature from your "Gig" page. You can set whatever minimum price you want.

@evp_productions - I set my briefs at $200 because I was getting 3-5 relevant briefs a day at $150. Briefs are so much better for me than Buyer Requests (my average order size for Buyer Requests was $15/order, so I never made much money with them).

image.png.a08531f57e9b2e3fb0a5e62b68f7ad81.png

Once you turn on the "Get briefs" feature, the AI will collect data about your gigs, services, and price points. It might take a while before you start getting briefs. Once you start getting briefs, you can "train" the AI to send you the briefs you want by responding to each brief you get. Here are your choices:

image.thumb.png.168aa8b3ad77bd9d7360759b220db4fe.png

This will give the AI additional data about you, such as how busy you are, or if the brief isn't relevant for your services. You can also report briefs for being too vague, at the wrong price point, spam, or other. After a while, you'll start getting more relevant briefs that you can make offers on. I get about 3-5 relevant briefs a day that I can make offers on. I don't make too many offers because if I do, it usually turns into an order. So I have to make sure I can fit the order into my schedule. The good thing is, you will be notified if the buyer accepts an offer from another seller, and you can also withdraw your offer if you change your mind or get too busy. You can also message the buyer prior to making an offer (which wasn't an option for Buyer Requests).

29 minutes ago, evp_productions said:

As a buyer I made a Brief recently and I received only two offers (with Buyers Requests I received a lot more offers and very diverse).

I'll have to try this out as a buyer again. I'd rather have better quality matches and fewer offers than "a lot" of offers. If I want a lot of matches, I'll just use the search function so that I can browse through gigs.

• Like 16
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, evp_productions said:

(with Buyers Requests I received a lot more offers and very diverse).

Buyer Requests is a cesspool filled with low balling offers. I never saw any serious buyer there, at least within the writing category. 

• Like 16
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Hi @ben_grahicx - The first step is to turn on the "Get brief" feature from your "Gig" page. You can set whatever minimum price you want.

@evp_productions - I set my briefs at $200 because I was getting 3-5 relevant briefs a day at $150. Briefs are so much better for me than Buyer Requests (my average order size for Buyer Requests was $15/order, so I never made much money with them).

Once you turn on the "Get briefs" feature, the AI will collect data about your gigs, services, and price points. It might take a while before you start getting briefs. Once you start getting briefs, you can "train" the AI to send you the briefs you want by responding to each brief you get. Here are your choices:

This will give the AI additional data about you, such as how busy you are, or if the brief isn't relevant for your services. You can also report briefs for being too vague, at the wrong price point, spam, or other. After a while, you'll start getting more relevant briefs that you can make offers on. I get about 3-5 relevant briefs a day that I can make offers on. I don't make too many offers because if I do, it usually turns into an order. So I have to make sure I can fit the order into my schedule. The good thing is, you will be notified if the buyer accepts an offer from another seller, and you can also withdraw your offer if you change your mind or get too busy. You can also message the buyer prior to making an offer (which wasn't an option for Buyer Requests).

I'll have to try this out as a buyer again. I'd rather have better quality matches and fewer offers than "a lot" of offers. If I want a lot of matches, I'll just use the search function so that I can browse through gigs.

I set Briefs from $10, but if I don't receive Briefs for that amount I don't think I will receive Briefs for $200.

• Like 10
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, evp_productions said:

I set Briefs from $10, but if I don't receive Briefs for that amount I don't think I will receive Briefs for $200.

Give the AI time to adjust to your $10 prices. Mine are set higher because I'm getting buyer briefs and I'm using prices to control how many I get.

I also only get serious buyers because of my higher prices.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Give the AI time to adjust to your $10 prices. Mine are set higher because I'm getting buyer briefs and I'm using prices to control how many I get.

I also only get serious buyers because of my higher prices.

I had serious buyers from $10 to $500 and non-serious buyers from $10 to $500 aswell,

• Like 10
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, evp_productions said:

I had serious buyers from $10 to $500 and non-serious buyers from $10 to $500 aswell,

That's a good point ...sometimes buyers will use prices as bait (and have no intentions of following through on those prices). I only saw that in the Buyer Requests though. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

I think they made a good decision regarding Buyer Requests. As now most of the Buyers request are of sellers promoting their self or some other have a YouTube link and want to get some view. Back in 2016 Buyer Request is far more better than today. I usually send 10 requests everyday in 2016, but today I personally think its on no use.

• Like 11
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, vickieito said:

Thanks for your enlightenment. I really appreciate your time. 

One more thing I will like to understand is that, is it possible for us to receive this brief matching through our mobile app since we already updated our mobile app without buyer request? 

Or the brief matching message or notifications only works for pc? 

I will love to hear your opinion.

Thanks

• Like 10
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, big_work said:

I think they made a good decision regarding Buyer Requests. As now most of the Buyers request are of sellers promoting their self or some other have a YouTube link and want to get some view. Back in 2016 Buyer Request is far more better than today. I usually send 10 requests everyday in 2016, but today I personally think its on no use.

You are absolutely right. I have send almost up to 500 buyers request but I only manage to just 5 real buyers project. Most are from fake buyers while some offer's are from sellers trying to promote their gigs and many more. This Brief would be better but it should be in a way that favor everyone. 

• Like 10
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ben_grahicx said:

Or the brief matching message or notifications only works for pc? 

You can do everything from your phone using the mobile app. Once you receive the notification, just click on the notification to view the brief and create an offer.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, nickj2013 said:

Until the entire system is rolled out, it’s hard to say how superior briefs will be to buyer requests. 

Well the main difference is that you had your own decision regarding wich requests to apply, now Fiverr will decide if you are good or not in the first place.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, evp_productions said:

Are briefs an improvement over Buyers Request?

The fact that there's more functionality when a seller gets one makes that part an improvement. But for a seller to decide what they want to offer for then no, because they have a lot less choice in requests now. Only a small number of requests get sent (1 request to a few sellers, which is also quite unfair to lower levelled sellers who'd be able to also do the work well) when before anyone could respond to those they knew they could do well. So there's much less choice for sellers now.

The old way also gave sellers an idea where the current demand was (if you had a gig in that category) - eg. so if you wanted you could have created gig(s) more like what there was a lot of requests for.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, uk1000 said:

The fact that there's more functionality when a seller gets one makes that part an improvement. But for a seller to decide what they want to offer for then no, because they have a lot less choice in requests now. Only a small number of requests get sent (1 request to a few sellers, which is also quite unfair to lower levelled sellers who'd be able to also do the work well) when before anyone could respond to those they knew they could do well. So there's much less choice for sellers now.

The old way also gave sellers an idea where the current demand was (if you had a gig in that category) - eg. so if you wanted you could have created gig(s) more like what there was a lot of requests for.

Also there was a lot of people not knowing expressing what they wanted/needed and you could help them. Now AI is the only way and humans are not involved in the process of helping each other. I think that¿'s the major problem. In fact I sent a few briefs myself and the AI couldn't match what I was looking for!

• Like 6
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, husnahshahid said:

I had made really good contacts and organic buyers from the 'buyer request' option. Since this change has been introduced, having quite a difficulty in getting along with this match brief thing. The previous one worked for me.

Me too, had incredible experiences and a couple bad ones too but there weren't much of the bad ones anyway. I think Fiverr screwed this up , they could managed to keep both options Buyer Requests and Briefs. They could have worked well together.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1