Does Fiverr send 12 hours remaining notice to Buyers too?????

iamattique

Question

I believe the question is quite simple. However, let me put it this way.

" Fiverr sent seller a 12 hour remaining notice for upcoming delivery. Now, I wanna know does this exact same notification also rings on buyer's account or not? "

P.S.: I do not have any specific reason for this question. However, just asked it out of my curiosity. 

• Like 14

11 answers to this question

10 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

I have placed many orders as a buyer, and I have never received a 12-hour notice. 🤔

Me either. What I did get once, though, was a message that went something like "We noticed that your delivery is late, you can cancel, but we recommend contacting the seller" (not that exact wording, it's been a while, but that was the gist of it). The order was already in "Very Late Status", when that message came.

I think the 12 hours message for sellers isn't too much of a concern, it wouldn't really be possible to offer 24 hour Gigs if you never want to get into the 12-hour zone, there's time zones, and you need to sleep every now and then, after all, and Fiverr certainly wants sellers to offer 24-hour Gigs or Extras. And buyers who order 24-hour Gigs probably wouldn't be phased by the 12 hours message IF they got it, either. If I order a 24-hour Gig, the seller obviously has 24 hours, not 12 hours to get it done. So, yes, I agree that it's something Fiverr wants to help sellers with (yes, yes, I know, by extension, also buyers and themselves, but that's synergy, we all need it!;))

But, yeah, just as a cautionary addition, don't be afraid of the 12-hour notice, but better never let an order get "very late", as the buyer might get a message and decide they'd rather like to simply cancel one-sidedly, if they already get the option, and you won't only be stuck with a cancellation but also the 1* "Order cancelled, Seller didn't deliver on time" automated feedback.

Edited by miiila
  • Like 13

On 10/1/2022 at 1:34 AM, iamattique said:

I do not have any specific reason for this question. However, just asked it out of my curiosity. 

It's a good question! I think Fiverr will send emails based on relevancy.

So the 12-hr remainder is only relevant to Sellers. It only becomes relevant to buyers when it becomes "very late" as @miiila mentions.

Yesterday, I had 56 minutes left on the clock before I decided to ask for a time extension. I requested a time extension, and the buyer accepted it within 2 minutes. So buyers do get notified immediately when we use the Resolution Center. They also get notified immediately when the order is delivered.

Other "relevant" emails that buyers get are related to purchases. I'm getting a lot of reminder emails to get my holiday shopping done. 🎅

image.thumb.png.0bd737be055d60545ac3cf9ec9a964f2.png

• Like 5
  • Up 2

14 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

Source, please? You have no record of being a Buyer...

Yes, that's exactly I asked from him but, in other words. Thank you for backing up on me.

12 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

have never received

Thank you for clarification @vickiespencer. I thought so as I feel that notification is significant for seller and not for the buyer.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, miiila said:

Me either. What I did get once, though, was a message that went something like "We noticed that your delivery is late, you can cancel, but we recommend contacting the seller" (not that exact wording, it's been a while, but that was the gist of it). The order was already in "Very Late Status", when that message came.

I think the 12 hours message for sellers isn't too much of a concern, it wouldn't really be possible to offer 24 hour Gigs if you never want to get into the 12-hour zone, there's time zones, and you need to sleep every now and then, after all, and Fiverr certainly wants sellers to offer 24-hour Gigs or Extras. And buyers who order 24-hour Gigs probably wouldn't be phased by the 12 hours message IF they got it, either. If I order a 24-hour Gig, the seller obviously has 24 hours, not 12 hours to get it done. So, yes, I agree that it's something Fiverr wants to help sellers with (yes, yes, I know, by extension, also buyers and themselves, but that's synergy, we all need it!;))

But, yeah, just as a cautionary addition, don't be afraid of the 12-hour notice, but better never let an order get "very late", as the buyer might get a message and decide they'd rather like to simply cancel one-sidedly, if they already get the option, and you won't only be stuck with a cancellation but also the 1* "Order cancelled, Seller didn't deliver on time" automated feedback.

I agree with @miiila and how he elaborated the scenarios. It is always better to be in time and pre-decide the turn around time with your buyer. Thereby, never gonna face the situation "VERY LATE". 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

based on relevancy

@vickieito Thank you again, you are always of great help. By the way, that was exactly I had in mind too while posting question. 

I completely agree with the statement of ringing bells when resolution center is involved and delivery of project, as it should be.

• Like 6