I don't know how I feel about this new feature

grafezzy

I've been on fiver since 2013 and I initially thought it would be a bad idea, I thought working with random people online and putting all my hard work and talents into a project just to have some inconsiderate person take advantage or scam me would probably be the norm, I was very surprised when I saw just how genuinely nice and considerate clients on this platform were they showed so much respect and were really fair in judging your performance on their projects however recently I have noticed a major shift in behavior from clients, I am constantly asked to consider lowering my prices without even a initial hello greeting, I get a lot of messages at all hours of the night for a period of time it was consistently between 2am and 5am I still replied within say 30 minutes to nearly all of them in which most did not reply back which is very common lately but I never experienced in the past this trend of clients initially messaging and when you reply they would not respond, I cant help but get a sense of this "I have plenty options why should I choose you" type of dynamic happening . I recently decided to buy a service on fiverr and when I completed messaging the seller I received a message that basically prompted me to send that exact message to other sellers that work in the niche i was interested in by one click of a button, I instantly realized why buyers no longer respond, I can't help but feel this feature is unfair as it takes a buyer that may have initially been interested in a sellers work and turns it into a bit of a auction, sorry for the long post but had to express my thoughts on this new feature. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I wondered why I was getting a bunch of messages asking me to record samples of scripts, and not one of them could reference what from my published samples they heard, liked, and made them want to reach out to me. I knew that the likelihood of them even listening to anything was low. I even asked some of them if they messaged me simply because I was online and cheap. Boy, that was a rough week.

It seems like this would create more situations where sellers are selected not because of their skills or being a good match with the buyer. 

Maybe they did this to keep buyers on the site, since there is an overall reputation of sellers going MIA and not responding. Still, isn't that what AI not displaying inactive profiles in search results is for?

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 4