Buyer requested revision and then disappeared

kdesignlab

Hey everyone, I'm somewhat new to Fiverr, and am currently working on my third Order. My first two Order experiences have been great, but this current client I'm working with has been very difficult to maintain steady and productive communication with.

Before my client placed an Order, we had gone back and forth a few times discussing his project. He would generally go silent for 2 days between each response, but eventually returned with final details needed to start working. He mentioned that he needed the work done soon, and requested that I send him an offer asap so I could deliver soon.

Upon seeing this message, I sent him a custom offer with one revision. I told him I would get started on the work right away while I wait for him to accept the Order, so that I could deliver within 24 hours of him accepting. 

He didn't accept the offer for another day or so, which bought me plenty of time to complete his work beforehand. Once he accepted, I delivered his work within an hour. After more days of silence, I shoot him a polite reminder about the pending delivery, to which he responds with a revision request. 

Now the problem is: while requesting revisions, he never included a single detail about what I needed to revise. I've checked my submission and confirmed he didn't leave any comments on the files either. I've looked around everywhere and i'm 100% certain he provide any revision requirements anywhere.

It's been 2.5 days now + a few more polite messages requesting more information, and he has yet to respond. Throughout this entire process with him, I've confirmed on multiple occasions that he was online on Fiverr, so I'm guessing he saw my messages. 

What should I do?

I'm worried he will leave me a bad review since the process has been dragging on for days and he was "in a rush", even though he has been extremely non-communicative. As a new seller I imagine this would hurt me significantly.

I also don't want to cancel the Order, since I know cancelling at this point would also hurt my gig performance. 

Can i just leave the Order in an undelivered revision state indefinitely? Are there any negative consequences of me doing so? Will the Order eventually be auto-cancelled? If i contact Fiverr support will they be helpful?

Sorry for the long wall of text. Hope someone can provide some guidance to this worried soul. Thank you!

Screenshot 2022-09-30 005533.png

Edited by kdesignlab
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Have read your request from A-Z and I could understand perfectly without any exception. Yes have experienced this kind of situation before and which shows either the buyer is busy or she or has hired another seller expert to complete this project. And leaving projects in revision on account will definitely affect your account performance and activities so my advice is 1)you should go through the projects again and deliver it and message him that you are going to deliver the projects again since you don't see any comments in the revision sections and what to get amended. 2) Leave him or her a message that have you hired another expert for this project or you are busy at your ends because this order might get cancelled at anytime lol 😂 but you and I know probability of getting cancelled is so low unless you  contact support or the buyer does. You will just use the scope to know the buyers opinion. 3) Don't focus on your problem again, look for more orders either from social media or other popular site where you can see people who need your services so that it won't affect your account. I hope this helps thanks

• Like 5

8 hours ago, kdesignlab said:

Hey everyone, I'm somewhat new to Fiverr, and am currently working on my third Order. My first two Order experiences have been great, but this current client I'm working with has been very difficult to maintain steady and productive communication with.

Before my client placed an Order, we had gone back and forth a few times discussing his project. He would generally go silent for 2 days between each response, but eventually returned with final details needed to start working. He mentioned that he needed the work done soon, and requested that I send him an offer asap so I could deliver soon.

Upon seeing this message, I sent him a custom offer with one revision. I told him I would get started on the work right away while I wait for him to accept the Order, so that I could deliver within 24 hours of him accepting. 

He didn't accept the offer for another day or so, which bought me plenty of time to complete his work beforehand. Once he accepted, I delivered his work within an hour. After more days of silence, I shoot him a polite reminder about the pending delivery, to which he responds with a revision request. 

Now the problem is: while requesting revisions, he never included a single detail about what I needed to revise. I've checked my submission and confirmed he didn't leave any comments on the files either. I've looked around everywhere and i'm 100% certain he provide any revision requirements anywhere.

It's been 2.5 days now + a few more polite messages requesting more information, and he has yet to respond. Throughout this entire process with him, I've confirmed on multiple occasions that he was online on Fiverr, so I'm guessing he saw my messages. 

What should I do?

I'm worried he will leave me a bad review since the process has been dragging on for days and he was "in a rush", even though he has been extremely non-communicative. As a new seller I imagine this would hurt me significantly.

I also don't want to cancel the Order, since I know cancelling at this point would also hurt my gig performance. 

Can i just leave the Order in an undelivered revision state indefinitely? Are there any negative consequences of me doing so? Will the Order eventually be auto-cancelled? If i contact Fiverr support will they be helpful?

Sorry for the long wall of text. Hope someone can provide some guidance to this worried soul. Thank you!

Screenshot 2022-09-30 005533.png

Better you may contact Fiverr support team to find the proper solution if client wants to cancel the order. Don't cancel from your end just contact Fiverr Team, they will cancel without any bad impact on your gig if they see you are all right from your side for this client's task. 

• Like 4

Thank you both very much for the advice. For now, i've reached out to the seller one last time, and also sent Fiver Support a message asking that they do the same to see if they could usher some action. If this doesn't work, I'll probably try asking support if they could cancel the Order without impact on my metrics.

I'll try to follow up here with how it all plays out.

• Like 2