I am new here...Is this a scam?

helen988

Question

6 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, helen988 said:

Hey guys, I just created my first Gig for life coaching and received a message overnight. The buyer asked if I had a s***e account and asked me to add them. Is this normal (as on my gig I did offer a free 15min call) or a scam? Your advice is much appreciated. Thank you

hi there

you can tell the buyer that its against fiverr rules to contact outside

IMG_1909.pdf 116.76 kB · 0 downloads

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for this - will let the buyer know.

Out of curiosity (and I am new to this), what is the best way for me to go about setting up a call with clients outside of Fiverr if it's agains the rules to have outside contact? The nature of my service revolves alot around Zoom and Google Meet.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, helen988 said:

Thanks for this - will let the buyer know.

Out of curiosity (and I am new to this), what is the best way for me to go about setting up a call with clients outside of Fiverr if it's agains the rules to have outside contact? The nature of my service revolves alot around Zoom and Google Meet.

hi there,

now a days fiverr have an option in inbox to do a meeting with buyersimage.jpeg.95cfbc4a641174d5e3cb97fb535698fd.jpeg

• Like 5

17 hours ago, helen988 said:

The nature of my service revolves alot around Zoom and Google Meet.

You ARE allowed to provide external contact details if this is necessary for your gig to work. 

As long as you have a good reason to do so, and you keep all payments via Fiverr, it should be ok.

You may want to get in touch with fiverr support just to double check, though, and see what they say, to ensure you don't accidentally do something that could get you banned.

• Like 4

On 9/29/2022 at 6:16 AM, joyh97 said:

You ARE allowed to provide external contact details if this is necessary for your gig to work. 

As long as you have a good reason to do so, and you keep all payments via Fiverr, it should be ok.

You may want to get in touch with fiverr support just to double check, though, and see what they say, to ensure you don't accidentally do something that could get you banned.

This is helpful! Thank you!

• Like 4