Daily Productivity  

18 members have voted

1. 1. When are you most productive?

• early morning
    • mid-day/afternoon
    • evening
    • late at night

9 minutes ago, kevindwren said:

It's either in the evening or late at night, but these days I've been trying to get proper sleep. Staying up late too often negatively affects my health and mood throughout the day. I find myself more grumpy and tired after staying up late, despite getting 8 hours sleep.

I hear ya, Kevin! At least you realize that and are trying to proactively make adjustments to your sleep schedule. Good for you. 🙌

• Like 8

Really depends - I think I have 'cycles' almost. I used to write super well at night before moving to the capital (and in with my partner) but now I try to work more during the day so that we can both have our time off at the same time. Sometimes though, old habits come knocking on the door and I'm inspired at 2AM! 

These days, I usually have a good amount of inspiration in the morning and usually it lasts a while... but sometimes it never shows up. I do notice though that Wednesdays are my least productive days and I'm best on Mondays and Fridays (word count/etc. wise.)

• Like 7
  • Up 2

Early in the AM, immediately after the gym I have noticed that I can tackle the hardest tasks/problems.

Then as the day progresses I stop when I get diminished returns and handle admin stuff.

I am also in the process of shifting to specific days for specific tasks, which is a hard transition to make but boosts productivity by a lot.

• Like 9

I start early in the morning and peak at midday.

My job is technical and I have been doing it for a number of years. At this point, everything has become like a reflex. I can tell within a few seconds how to solve the problem at hand. So I would say that the quality of work is consistent throughout the day.

However, as the work day progresses I do suffer from fatigue. So, late in the morning - midday is when I have the greatest output in terms of quantity!

• Like 7