Jump to content

X extended their review period by 2 day(s) - Has anyone seen this before?


joyh97
 Share

Recommended Posts

I just got this notification that a buyer of mine has extended their review period by 2 days. Before this, the review period has always been hard capped at 3 days except for christmas where fiverr gives the buyers 7 days instead of 3 - or so I thought. I've never seen a notification like this before, has anyone else come across it? Is it a new feature? Or have I just managed to miss it ever since joining in 2018?

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 3
  • Up 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess this might replace the option when a person says they need more time to review and automatically that comes as a revision request. If that's the case, then I think it's great, instead of just having x revision requests that can't be worked on because people didn't even share what they need changed. It certainly seems like it replaced that with just additional time added automatically. Fiverr listens.. Hopefully they listen and add the ability to remove gig multiples...

  • Like 11
  • Up 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I guess this might replace the option when a person says they need more time to review and automatically that comes as a revision request. If that's the case, then I think it's great,

...unless they can extend the review period indefinitely, or as many times as they like, including forever.

Edited by catwriter
  • Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

Then again, they did so with revision requests, so it would be the same thing basically.

Not quite. With revision requests, you can just redeliver with a note that the revision feature is only to be used for changes needed, not to extend the review time - as per the terms of the site. I used this technique with a lot of success in the past, I don't think I ever had anyone re-request a revision after sending that message. With this, there is nothing you can do until the buyer stops extending or approves the delivery.

I'm *hoping* that this extension is something they can only trigger once, though.

Edited by joyh97
  • Like 16
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This actually happened to me on my current order and my client has already asked to extend the review period two times. The first one was for 2 days, but this second time he extended the date for 7 more days without even saying anything to me.
 

Is there a way to limit how many times someone can extend the review time? It feels like you can just extend it indefinitely and I don’t even have a say on whether or not I accept the extension. I don’t know if this is normal or if there is anything I can do.

Edited by yvonecastillo
  • Like 12
  • Sad 4
  • Up 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, joyh97 said:

I used this technique with a lot of success in the past, I don't think I ever had anyone re-request a revision after sending that message. With this, there is nothing you can do until the buyer stops extending or approves the delivery.

I had people which pressed the button again a few more times. So it's definitely common even the way it is right now. An outsourcer ended up requesting a revision for up to a month using this system, so yeah... someone that wants to abuse the system will abuse it either way.

  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, yvonecastillo said:

but this second time he extended the date for 7 more days without even saying anything to me.

The fact that this can happen is actually kind of scary... I would get in touch with fiverr support at that point I think, that's really just not fair. 😞 

  • Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, techdevo said:

recently i got notification from fiverr that my buyer has extended their review period, now instead of 3 days it will auto complete after 6 days, does fiverr started giving this new extend review period option to the buyers? facing it first time

 

Well people were able to ask for a revision when they needed more time to check the content. I had multiple revisions like this without nothing to change. I assume some customers need this. But it can be prone to abuse too. Especially if you deal with a reseller.

  • Like 9
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2022 at 12:46 PM, donnovan86 said:

Well people were able to ask for a revision when they needed more time to check the content. I had multiple revisions like this without nothing to change. I assume some customers need this. But it can be prone to abuse too. Especially if you deal with a reseller.

absolutely, it gets horrifying after sometime 😕

is there any blog, document written by fiverr to check out more information on this feature

  • Like 11
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, techdevo said:

absolutely, it gets horrifying after sometime 😕

I agree. Someone ended up requesting a review every 3 days for an entire month. I was close to quitting and refunding, but they didn't come back and left the order to autocomplete. Other than that I never had any major issues with the revision system.

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 11
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2022 at 8:09 PM, vickieito said:

It only allowed me to add a maximum of 5 days to my review period:

That's great because it caters to the buyer needs without upsetting the seller.

On 9/25/2022 at 8:06 PM, vickieito said:

It looks like this can be extended for up to 5 days after each delivery: 😲

They added this most likely because people were asking for more time, especially when it came to weekend deliveries. 5 days is not that much, I think it's the right amount of time. Way more than that and it would be problematic from a seller perspective. 

  • Like 9
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2022 at 10:30 PM, donnovan86 said:

They added this most likely because people were asking for more time, especially when it came to weekend deliveries. 5 days is not that much, I think it's the right amount of time. Way more than that and it would be problematic from a seller perspective. 

It's 5 days on each delivery, though. I have 3 revisions. That could be 15 days for me.

I would like to have this option included on our custom offers so that buyer and seller can agree on a review period. Some of my projects are large, so I do want give my buyers longer review times for those. I think most could be handled by agreement, and then the "more time button" should be used for the unexpected.

On 9/24/2022 at 11:33 AM, yvonecastillo said:

but this second time he extended the date for 7 more days without even saying anything to me.

I'm wondering how this happened, since I'm only able to add 5 days after each delivery. 

Did the buyer extend it twice....one for 5 days and another for 2 (for a total of 7 days)?

  • Like 9
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

It looks like this can be extended for up to 5 days after each delivery: 😲

Thanks for showing that, this shows limit of 5 days but buyer will be able to add again 5 days after these 5days are over? I don't have any revision request only one single delivery

  • Like 6
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2022 at 11:06 PM, techdevo said:

Thanks for showing that, this shows limit of 5 days but buyer will be able to add again 5 days after these 5days are over? I don't have any revision request only one single delivery

I'm trying to find this out on a different thread... it looks like that buyer may have extended several times on the same delivery to add 7 days.

[Note: Topics have been merged.]

  • Like 15
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

That's great because it caters to the buyer needs without upsetting the seller.

Can you please clarify what @vickieito asked

"I'm wondering how this happened, since I'm only able to add 5 days after each delivery. 

Did the buyer extend it twice....one for 5 days and another for 2 (for a total of 7 days)?"

  • Like 6
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...