Revision Policy

ehimeai

I'm wondering if anyone has put a policy for revisions in their FAQ and/or on the order requirements page- something like a check box to say they understand when a revision is free or when revisions will be charged for?

I write itineraries and just cancelled an order as the buyer kept wanting to add activities after I'd delivered. I don't mind changes to a plan and have 1 revision included, but this was adding days on to the itinerary- he'd ordered a 14 day one and what he was wanting to add would have added 5 extra days. I did change one day and added an extra as a revision (before he decided on even more things), but he still wanted more. 

In hindsight, I probably should have stood firm and not cancelled, but what's done is done. To try and stop it happening again, I'd like to add something to my FAQs or order page. Does anyone have experience having some kind of policy along the lines of "revisions are small changes to what I've already done, adding more will be an added extra"? Did it help reduce difficulties dealing with customers who wanted unreasonable revisions?
Thank you!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, ehimeai said:

In hindsight, I probably should have stood firm and not cancelled, but what's done is done. To try and stop it happening again, I'd like to add something to my FAQs or order page. Does anyone have experience having some kind of policy along the lines of "revisions are small changes to what I've already done, adding more will be an added extra"? Did it help reduce difficulties dealing with customers who wanted unreasonable revisions?
Thank you!

Hi @ehimeai, I used to offer unlimited revisions, which caused me many cancelations and headaches.

When I switched to only offering 3 revisions, I made it a practice to communicate to each buyer the number of revisions I provide as well as my definition of what a revision constituted. I also let the buyers know upfront that I will charge them for any additional work that they request that is outside of the original request (this is in my order requirements).

I find making my requirements clear from the beginning prevents a lot of unnecessary headaches and issues on the back end.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

I find making my requirements clear from the beginning prevents a lot of unnecessary headaches and issues on the back end.

Thank you. I've been lucky and I haven't encountered such a difficult buyer before, but I think making it part of the requirements might help prevent it happening again in the future.

• Like 2