I need a Break!!!

addytor

Question

Hi Forum, 

This is going to be a weird ask, last week I had 20 orders in queue, and I completed 5 orders and cancelled 5 orders because something came up and I can't complete the work, this dropped my completion rate to 92%, now I have another 10 orders, but I just need a break, and yeah I don't want to ask my clients for an extension, because that timer gives me anxiety when I'm on a break, I just want to clear my dashboard.

So, is there a way I can do this without a demotion, because if I cancel anymore orders I'll definitely level down. If there's no way out, I want to know the consequences if I cancel more orders.

• Like 13
  • Up 2

13 answers to this question

No, to put it simply, there's no way to clear your order queue without cancelling everything and taking the hit to your account. I've had to do that twice in the past due to a sudden hospital stay and a death in my immediate family. It stinks that it affects work so much, but those are the rules around here.

I'd suggest the order limits and setting yourself as unavailable to prevent additional orders and struggle through those you have before taking that break.

• Like 10
  • Up 4

Devil’s advocate here: why shouldn’t it affect your stats if you let down your clients, they spent their time choosing you, writing their requirements and probably already waiting for a couple of days for your delivery only to find out that you might cancel their order because  you are not ready to complete them and there was no indication of that on your page prior to them ordering. 
Of course in fiverr’s eyes this cancellation will affect your stats and there is unfortunately no way around it in your case. 

Edited by mariashtelle1
  • Like 10
  • Up 4

10 minutes ago, addytor said:

@cartoon_avatar Most of my current clients know the quality of work I put out, regardless I think that's wrong to pawn off my work to someone else, definitely wrong for the client.

In that case, the only way is to tell your clients that you need a break and ask them to extend the deadline.

Otherwise, in case of higher cancellations, your gig might get deranked.

Plus, when I was suggesting to hire other sellers, I was suggesting to hire someone professional who provides high quality work, not to hire an amateur. Obviously, client satisfaction is something one should definitely pay attention to.

Edited by cartoon_avatar
  • Like 10
  • Up 3

5 minutes ago, cartoon_avatar said:

Hi,
You can hire other freelancers/sellers to do the work. That way, you can complete the orders in time and there would be no need to cancel the orders.

@cartoon_avatar Most of my current clients know the quality of work I put out, regardless I think that's wrong to pawn off my work to someone else, definitely wrong for the client.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

4 minutes ago, max3dmodel said:

You can use "LIMIT ORDERS IN QUEUE" feature in gig settings.

Please don't reply, if you don't understand my question, Limiting the order is for people dealing with a lot of orders and want to take only a certain amount, I can take those many orders, but I'm not in the mental state to work right now.

• Like 8

You are doing big mistake to cancel the order. It will affect your order cancellation rate. Because of this. it's possible to lose the rank of the gig. You can turn on vacation mode and complete your current order and take some rest. hope it will help you. order cancellation is very bad. 

• Like 7
  • Up 2

18 hours ago, max3dmodel said:

You can use "LIMIT ORDERS IN QUEUE" feature in gig settings.

I have used that feature before and found that limiting orders in the queue does not stop people from ordering from you. It merely takes your gig out of the search when you have reached the limit. Past buyers can still order from you.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, addytor said:

I don't want to ask my clients for an extension, because that timer gives me anxiety when I'm on a break, I just want to clear my dashboard.

Hi addytor,

It's unfortunate but Fiverr offers no 'extenuating circumstances' options. I think the system pretty much requires you to extend despite the desire to clear the working dashboard.

Definitely, there's no leeway for you to cancel more work here because you have cancelled a lot lately and more cancellations will mean a marked loss of Fiverr visibility. It would be even more stressful to return to work after a break, only to find there is no visibility and no more work incoming when you do want to resume.

If the cancellation rate went high suddenly, I also wouldn't be surprised if that were to get the gig de-indexed either; Fiverr is currently having a clean-up of underperforming sellers. Any sudden rise in cancellations may mean the site views you this way, which would be a shame.

You could 'limit orders in queue' (as well as extending) and/or turn on your 'out of office' but either of these will also cause some adverse effect to your visibility and credibility.

If I were in your position, I'd request extensions with profuse apologies and an honest explanation in full, and return to work as soon as possible after a defined break.

I truly hope things improve for you--it's certainly a worrying situation to be in.

Annie.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

21 hours ago, addytor said:

So, is there a way I can do this without a demotion, because if I cancel anymore orders I'll definitely level down. If there's no way out, I want to know the consequences if I cancel more orders.

I would say just extend the deadline and explain to your clients what happened. 99% of those people will understand. And honestly, I much prefer extending instead of dealing with cancellations or account penalties. Someone said to outsource, I don't recommend that. 

• Like 7

On 9/22/2022 at 6:35 PM, mariashtelle1 said:

Devil’s advocate here: why shouldn’t it affect your stats if you let down your clients, they spent their time choosing you, writing their requirements and probably already waiting for a couple of days for your delivery only to find out that you might cancel their order because  you are not ready to complete them and there was no indication of that on your page prior to them ordering. 
Of course in fiverr’s eyes this cancellation will affect your stats and there is unfortunately no way around it in your case. 

@mariashtelle1 Hope you're having a great day, I see that side too, and I don't want to waste more of their time, like let's say I ask for an extension, but I'm just not in the mental space to do the work, that's bad for the client too and I don't care as much about the ranking as of now, just don't want to get demoted, like don't put me on the first page, but don't take away my Seller 2 badge, I have plenty clients who would work with me, if I put out good work.

Although I've made peace with it, I should say that this demotion(has not yet happened to me) is more punishment for costing Fiverr the money they thought they'll make. 

• Like 5

On 9/23/2022 at 5:16 AM, anniejenkinson said:

If the cancellation rate went high suddenly, I also wouldn't be surprised if that were to get the gig de-indexed either

@anniejenkinson Hope you're doing well, so I really don't care about the de-indexing, just don't want to get demoted, because it means something to me, I've plenty regular clients who would only order from me, I want to keep working with them, creates enough revenue for me, and I take on new clients only when I really want to work with them. I know it might seem a bit unorthodoxy but this approach is working for me and gives me an extended rope of understanding with my clients.

• Like 5