New 5 Star Rating System: How to Use it to your Advantage

modelas

hah! cool icon! I got my first 2 star review today. Offering a refund even though I delivered what they wanted. They wanted it to be modified, and instead of asking me for a modification (which I would have easily done) they instantly reviewed me negatively 😦 Oh well, looking on the bright side, it’s not a thumbs down?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @modelas: You have a good attitude, @modelas.

Even in this case, where it’s obvious the buyer is a JERK! 😃

The problem however, appears to be that Fiverr itself is proving that THEY consider anything other than 5-stars, to be “bad”.

Several sellers are posting that Fiverr has “penalized” them in some way, when their average rating dropped to 4. 😦

typingservice said: Either way, I'm not that worked up about it.

Why is it that people who are always "not that worked up" about problems...enter into discussions to question the people who are worked up?

It's just a recipe for disaster.

I don't care for all of Mimi's tactics or messages. Some were down right suggestive of racism.

But, for real

potencia said: Wife: You are a bug in my life!

Husband: Then you should buy a good antivirus!!

After 1 hour,

Seller: Madam, please provide a review to mark the order successfully completed.

Wife: Rating? Oh, yeah, take 1/5 and dare you show me yourself again!!!

I've seen this posted more than once and it baffles me every time.

What are you trying to say?!

regency85 said: Now, your greatest task is to shun the low lifes in your own midst.

(Thus, unfortunately, is the typical scenario for a Protest Movement.)

Not at all.

This is always the type of BS that are pulled by "middle-of-the-roaders" and/or by "pacifists" to the core.

The greatest risk we face is the ARS.

Everything else is to be handled after the ARS.

Let me tell you, as a direct action activist, if the people who really believed in Global warming acted like it, ...it would not be a "nice" discussion.

The one time there was an uprising at the ghetto in Warsaw, a lot of the Jewish victims there died. BUT what's amazing, is their survival rate was MUCH higher than it was by just going along and "trying to win hearts and minds" though accommodation.

Want to understand this topic better Google Derick Jensen or read the books "Pacifism as Pathology" or "How non-violence helps the state"

Reply to @anarchofighter: Sorry Anarcho - I lost your point here. (Maybe because your post responded to 2 separate prior posts?)

What you said (“for real?”) is very unclear.

Are you saying?..

Mimie has established herself as a Racist (which everybody now knows) but that doesn’t justify her being abused by an obviously-demented buyer.

In other words, “Two Wrongs don’t make a Right”.

Is that what you meant?

Reply to @anarchofighter: You’re confusing points here.

I absolutely agree that “trying to appease” or “accomodating” something bad, is the WORST approach.

Yes, nothing is worse than “Political Correctness” - agreed.

But the Global Warming advocates lost MOST of their ground, because of the LOSERS in their own midst! So your choice of example actually proves my prior point.

As you’ll recall, the “Secret Emails” debacle, was the worst thing to happen to those of us who are trying to convince the public of the scientific nature of the Global Warming problem.

I was still teaching at the University back then… so I watched IN PERSON a prime demostration of:

“Your worst enemy, is the LOSER who says s/he’s on your side!”

😮

regency85 said: But the Global Warming advocates lost MOST of their ground, because of the LOSERS in their own midst! So your choice of example actually proves my prior point.

Pick your example then, I don't care which you pick.

I disagree that the greatest threat is someone who goes off half cocked saying stupid things who agrees with my position.

Only an dishonest player would resort to winning that way.

The Environmentalist battle is bettered not HARMED by ELF and Earth First. Why? because the stakes are that high.

Reply to @regency85:

I double check and yes, I didn’t communicate clearly to you.

I said if the PEOPLE who believed in Global Warming ACTUALLY ACTED LIKE IT.

I didn’t talk at all about the “so-called” debate that rages. Anyone who actually accepts in global warning and simply wants to reduce dependence on oil doesn’t really believe.

whow! lots of discussion, its healthy trust me.

if fiverr have a concern for their clients, through this forum they should realize ARS is just another way of bringing in more buyers, whereas sellers are one who gets violated in all possible ways.

how to get 5 stars?

1. Fast response ( means i should stop living my life and be a fiverr junkie)

2. Fast delivery ( forget express delivery gig, be prepared to give a fast delivery for 5$ gig, thats just inhumane for skills most of people that are selling here)

i was thinking of doing this full time, but NOPE. situation is getting worse, we cant keep buyer happy all the the time, in all ways. thats is not possible.

so in return my sales have dropped significantly as they ask for fast deliveries, modifications in short spans, in result mutual cancellations are occuring.

Somehow i find the post by modelas disappointing sugar-coating of bitter system.

Just an update, I gave the buyer a refund, it wasn’t worth the $5 dollars (or $10 in this case) to deal with someone who does not fully understand expectations and is clearly at fault for the problem not me. Of course he accepted the refund and the rating is removed from the account.

The only thing a cheapskate jerk loves more than the joy of leaving a negative review is money. Until I get the client who refuses to accept a refund because he wants to be a complete @ss h0le I’ll have the joy of at least knowing I still have 100% reviews after almost 200 orders.

Not bragging, just being thankful, that I haven’t had any jerks that didn’t want their money back~!

Reply to @mystic_insight: I wouldn’t say that, really. What you need to highlight however is what I have been telling buyers that seems to work well. Basically. it’s a $5 order and how much time and effort would they put in? On top of that, you have to mention that the gig was delivered as per the gig description, and it was delivered within the time-frame they agreed to. Putting emphasis on the $5 or $4 really helps to put things into perspective for at least, the buyers I have worked with. For those ordering extras it’s actually much easier as you do a lot more for them in that case.

Honestly, I’ve had some issues with the star system - some of it was genuinely my fault, it does hold you more accountable.

One problem though, is that for example, I have on average 15-20 orders in my queue between my gigs, I set the expectation ON THE GIG that it will be delivered within 6 days. And after two days the customers are asking where it is, after I tell them first thing that I’ll do it within the time aloted and give them updates. Each one of those messages I have to send makes me cringe because then of course… that now can come off in a bad way and then reflect review for two factors, communication and timeliness. Even if I do fantastic work and deliver on day 6 they will rate it as lower than 5 star delivery.

That is pretty hard to set expectations, I spend a good amount of time (I should make a pre-written response) to how many people are “SHOCKED” to hear it takes 6 days. My gigs got featured not too long ago and i got slammed with orders and had to go on vacation mode. I’m not a Top Seller like “girlpink” who is obviously running an operation with tons of Filipino employees. It’s just me and my 2 college mates and my friend / partner in USA who helps on some of the communications.

And even with my small staff 5-6 day turn-around is a must. Most clients of course hire me to do the stuff they don’t have the time to do - so it’s time consuming, and my average order is for 2-3 hours of services.

One thing you do notice about Top-Sellers is that they have a service they can mass produce and fast to sendout. I need to figure out a service I can provide that will take me a good bit to prepare on the front side and deliver a unique and quality product or service to my clients. Right now the hourly gig for services is great, but I’m severely limited by the time they take.

Not to mention I always over-deliver on my clients so I end up doing a lot of free work just to keep their business.

Worth it to me though!

<3 Modelas

The rating system works well for Sellers like me who deliver gigs that require constant communication with a buyer. We tend to develop a relationship. However, when I am a buyer on fiverr, most of the gigs I order require little communication. I can see how this new rating system may hurt some Sellers depending on the gig. They just deserve a THUMBS UP… not some detailed review of their work. I am a Seller, so I get this. Most of these Buyers will not, and this may cause a Buyer to mark an experience as average.

Archived