Experienced sellers: what is the best way to handle long term projects

sergiodargenio

Hi I am a buyer and I would like the perspective of experienced sellers on how to make an agreement with a buyer for a longer collaboration that is a win-win.

The question: how to enter a long term agreement with Fivers that protects both buyers and sellers for the entire duration of the agreement.

Imagine this proposal: a certain number of deliveries at a price higher than the actual seller rate but guaranteed for a specific number of orders (say 20 monthly orders x 5 items delivered). 

This may be enticing to an artist, as he ensures a stable income over a medium time frame. However there are issues:

The issue for the buyer: if the buyer agrees with an artist for the delivery of 100 deliveries and and after the 50th delivery he decides to double the price, although he agreed differently with the buyer, the buyer has a problem.

The issue for the seller: if the artist agrees to a fixed price for the entire project, and the buyer decides to stop the project at a certain moment, the artist is treated unfairly. 

What are the best ways to protect both buyers and sellers if they agree on a fixed price for a long term collaboration? Is there a way that Fiverr can protect both parties in this case?

Thanks for the attention.

Edited by sergiodargenio
  • Like 5

Subscriptions or milestone orders. They both lock in one price for the duration. Subscriptions bill automatically for each order and can reach up to 6 months. Milestones, I believe, bill only when the previous order is accepted completely (or auto-completed). That triggers the start of the next one.

The only other option is to come to a written agreement in the Inbox and have the seller send a custom offer on schedule. Of course, you can just order on a schedule you set, too.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, designboom said:

Who wants to have 100+ orders in queue 😰 I have no idea how/when I would finish them. Do sellers really have so many orders in queue or are you asking how someone has 100+ reviews over a X months, years?

Many designers have a lot of orders in queue as far as I saw, and there were SEO sellers with hundreds, I mean 200 or 300 orders in queue at once. For the most part, these people are either agencies with multiple people hired or those persons outsource some or all of their work. So, you rarely see people with so many orders in queue. I had 76 orders in queue at some point, but at that time I had a very long delivery time. 

• Like 15

3 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Many designers have a lot of orders in queue as far as I saw, and there were SEO sellers with hundreds, I mean 200 or 300 orders in queue at once. For the most part, these people are either agencies with multiple people hired or those persons outsource some or all of their work. So, you rarely see people with so many orders in queue. I had 76 orders in queue at some point, but at that time I had a very long delivery time. 

How do you get 76 orders in queue? Do you think that is just SEO?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, official_ben said:

How do you get 76 orders in queue? Do you think that is just SEO?

I had, I don't anymore. Well for me it has to do with the fact that I've been here for a while and the gig in question has 10k+ reviews so it's most likely the fact that I am consistent and deliver orders all the time. And as I said, I had a long delivery time, maybe 4-5 days for an article. 

• Like 12

Just now, donnovan86 said:

I had, I don't anymore. Well for me it has to do with the fact that I've been here for a while and the gig in question has 10k+ reviews so it's most likely the fact that I am consistent and deliver orders all the time. And as I said, I had a long delivery time, maybe 4-5 days for an article. 

I understand you. Currently, How many orders do you have in queue Now? Because you that has 76 order in queue can possibly have over 100 orders in queue. Are they all Returning buyer? Or you have others strategies you use to drive people to your gigs outside Fiverr?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, official_ben said:

I understand you. Currently, How many orders do you have in queue Now? Because you that has 76 order in queue can possibly have over 100 orders in queue. Are they all Returning buyer? Or you have others strategies you use to drive people to your gigs outside Fiverr?

You're focusing on the wrong thing. It doesn't matter how many orders you have in queue. There's no strategy. It's just showing you provide good work to people, your performance is high and Fiverr ranks you higher. There's no secret sauce, there's no secret strategy. Be the best at you do and within your pricepoint, offer incredible value for money and people will come to you. Deliver bad work, low quality customer service and insult people, that will put you at the back of the line. So, don't worry about how many orders you have in queue. Just make sure you deliver the best for every client and do that on time. 

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

You're focusing on the wrong thing. It doesn't matter how many orders you have in queue. There's no strategy. It's just showing you provide good work to people, your performance is high and Fiverr ranks you higher. There's no secret sauce, there's no secret strategy. Be the best at you do and within your pricepoint, offer incredible value for money and people will come to you. Deliver bad work, low quality customer service and insult people, that will put you at the back of the line. So, don't worry about how many orders you have in queue. Just make sure you deliver the best for every client and do that on time. 

Hmmm, Thanks..... You may not think  the thing you're doing is a strategy but it can help if you tell the little thing you're doing for more Order.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, official_ben said:

but it can help if you tell the little thing you're doing for more Order.

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

Just make sure you deliver the best for every client and do that on time.

Why do sellers like @official_ben keep looking for the little thing  that successful sellers do that brings orders? It really is as simple as @donnovan86 says. If you provide top-quality work with excellent customer service and deliver that work on time, orders typically follow. 

@donnovan86These types of sellers are looking for you to say you throw salt over your left shoulder every morning before opening Fiverr. Or perhaps they wonder if you dance around your office chair three times while singing, "I am the best seller on Fiverr"? All they want is the SECRET to your success when there is no secret, just plain old good sense when it comes to doing business. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 11
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

These types of sellers are looking for you to say you throw salt over your left shoulder every morning before opening Fiverr. Or perhaps they wonder if you dance around your office chair three times while singing, "I am the best seller on Fiverr"? All they want is the SECRET to your success when there is no secret, just plain old good sense when it comes to doing business. 

Yes, that person even sent me a private message with the same message they posted here.. I think I was clear. Hard work and going overboard with your customer experience is what matters the most. But if they are looking for a special sauce or strategy, they can keep looking, while I continue working 🙂

• Like 8

1 hour ago, vickiespencer said:

These types of sellers are looking for you to say you throw salt over your left shoulder every morning before opening Fiverr. Or perhaps they wonder if you dance around your office chair three times while singing, "I am the best seller on Fiverr"?

Damn!  I thought we were all doing that?  I may need a change of tactic.   

Maybe i'll start singing 'simply the best' by Tina Turner whilst doing my downward dog yoga pose instead?  That's got to work right?

Edited by breals
  • Like 7
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Or perhaps they wonder if you dance around your office chair three times while singing, "I am the best seller on Fiverr"?

It's true. I twisted my ankle last year and couldn't dance much and my orders dwindled rapidly.

I'd cry if I had 100 orders in queue. That's way too many for the services I offer. It's not about numbers. It's about improving until you reach what you can handle and the income you want. Don't compare to others numbers. Compare your yesterday to your today.

• Like 7

On 10/5/2022 at 4:10 PM, donnovan86 said:

My delivery time is always 4-5days, but I can handle 20-25 orders in queue max, so 4-5 per day. I do everything myself. Sometimes I even have too much work and I have to decline some projects. But you gave me a good idea to think of - how are agencies on Fiverr handling this? So is possible that more then one person accesses the account? or can I delegate the job to another designer inside my panel? I know there is Fiverr Business but I doubt this is for sellers also.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, designboom said:

But you gave me a good idea to think of - how are agencies on Fiverr handling this? So is possible that more then one person accesses the account?

There is Fiverr Studios where a seller can add other sellers to the studio and share the work. 

Generally, most agencies here just go and outsource to other platforms to have cheaper workforce. Either that, or they create a business and hire locally. I think only the account owner gets access to the account, the others just share files to him, he checks and delivers. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, theratypist said:

If I had 100 orders in queue and I was working alone I would probably lose my mind.... Hahaha. I would rather have 10 orders in queue for the same amount of working with the same 100 orders.

I agree. As I said, I had close to that, but I also had a longer delivery time so it worked out. When I browse Fiverr and see hundreds or dozens of orders, I know most of them are agencies. 

• Like 6