This year I made the decision to take time off from my regular IT job field and follow my passion which is biotechnology.  I have been doing research and reporting on companies in this field for over a decade and decided to create a profile here on Fiverr in hopes someone out there also needed insights from this sector.  I watched many hours of video in regards to the Fiverr process and after a week of having my gigs posted got my first request.  This buyer wanted 6 reports so the first order was more than I expected and made me really happy.  It took me two days to complete all of them and I got a 5 star rating from the buyer.  I communicated with the buyer regularly and gave them status updates as milestones were hit on the reports.  I also tailored the report format to the specific use case the buyer had.  For others looking to make that first sale communication and setting expectations is key from this experience.  Look at the request from your client's perspective and try to help them solve their needs within reason.  I look forward to my next gig!

Edited by stuartdamron
Added Tags
  • Like 23
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2022 at 11:44 AM, stuartdamron said:

This year I made the decision to take time off from my regular IT job field and follow my passion which is biotechnology.  I have been doing research and reporting on companies in this field for over a decade and decided to create a profile here on Fiverr in hopes someone out there also needed insights from this sector.  I watched many hours of video in regards to the Fiverr process and after a week of having my gigs posted got my first request.  This buyer wanted 6 reports so the first order was more than I expected and made me really happy.  It took me two days to complete all of them and I got a 5 star rating from the buyer.  I communicated with the buyer regularly and gave them status updates as milestones were hit on the reports.  I also tailored the report format to the specific use case the buyer had.  For others looking to make that first sale communication and setting expectations is key from this experience.  Look at the request from your client's perspective and try to help them solve their needs within reason.  I look forward to my next gig!

Best of luck

• Like 7