Cant leave a negative review because I haven't paid yet.

bob_bingi

This is my first time using Fiverr and I commissioned somebody to make a Blender model for me. I was told I pay when the job is done, this guy ghost me for four days and finally shows me the product, it looks nothing like the reference images, the colour of the clothes is different and the type is different too. But I can't leave a negative review because technically I haven't done business with him because no payment has been made. What do I do because this is unacceptable and I need to let people know not to do business with this person.

The one in the green suit is the source material, the other one is what this person wants me to pay $100 for.

Screenshot (306).png

2344.png

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, bob_bingi said:

What do I do because this is unacceptable and I need to let people know not to do business with this person.

Waste of time - yes. Unacceptable? Nah.
You place an order - and then you get a delivery. The seller might have known they aren't great (and could even be a copycat), which is why they send you whatever and hope you'll pay, but... it's on you for not placing an order, too. I don't write a single word without an order.

I know it's frustrating but since you never really paid (and you don't seem like you have the intention to do so) it'd be a bit unfair for you to leave a review, wouldn't it? 

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, favourik said:

You did not 'commission' any seller to do anything. You never created an order and you should be happy for that at least.

Since you've not lost any money, just move on and get a better seller.☺️

You are right, I was just bitter at the time of writing this. 

• Like 4

First, if you got a work before placing an order you broke Fiverr's TOS and you could be banned as that's not how the platform works.

Second, I really don't know how the 3d modeling marketplace prices are these days, but expecting the quality of the reference model for just 100$ is, in my opinion, cheap.

Third, you got the quality you wanted to pay, as the seller didn't model it as they look fairly similar to Poser / Daz models exported for Blender.

• Like 5