New seller not getting any Voice Over orders

thomastweak

Question

I created a Fiverr account and posted my first gigs 2 weeks ago, but no orders yet. I have had several conversations with buyers about custom offers (I have even created some), but still nothing. I know two weeks is a relatively short amount of time, but I was wondering if any others had shared this experience.  Thanks!

• Like 7

5 answers to this question

In general, everybody will advice you in diplomatic way. Such as check description, change your tags, cover image may not attractive etc etc. But I'll say its your luck. I  want to share my experience with you. I joined Fiverr about two months back. In this two months, I only get one buyer who messaged me and gave order. Still he is working with me. But no one else even give me a message. I also sent almost 80+ buyer requests. None replied. My only one buyer is very satisfied with my work and about all. So I don't think, Its not your GIG FAULT or your mistake in any description, image or anywhere. Its your bad luck that nobody is choosing you. My suggestion to you that, Don't give up. Keep trying. Hope someone will give you lots of orders. Thank you.

• Like 6

If you have clients outside Fiverr or if you have a social media following outside Fiverr, you can promote there and direct them to purchase from your current Fiverr gigs. Fiverr kind of favors those who have initial sales already, from there you can likely have better chances of getting more "organic" orders. Since Fiverr will prioritize those with sales and good feedback. They do give a boost for new sellers' gigs but for a short while only. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thomastweak said:

I created a Fiverr account and posted my first gigs 2 weeks ago, but no orders yet. I have had several conversations with buyers about custom offers (I have even created some), but still nothing. I know two weeks is a relatively short amount of time, but I was wondering if any others had shared this experience.  Thanks!

Hi Thomas. Welcome as a VA on Fiverr! I'm a voice-over actor myself.

Don't listen to the people telling you this is about luck. It isn't. It's about how well you're able to market yourself. You need those initial sales under your belt, as they will get you going, but to get them, you need to get noticed. 

I checked out your gigs. 

Your gig descriptions could be improved, in my opinion. As a voice-over, it's easy to forget that we're also marketers. Learning about persuasive language and how to write for conversions is part of what we need to know. Your gig description is professional and not bad at all, but I would love to see something about the buyer in there, not just about you, and more about the benefits of ordering your gig. Your gig description should have one goal, and one goal only: to make people click "Order now". 

Your gig thumbnails aren't up to par with your competition. It needs to grab the attention of the buyer in search results. Have a look at some examples below: 

image.png.558507b5257805c846fc6753d7106651.png

Now compare it to yours. Which one would you click on as a buyer? 

I feel as if your selling price is too low. Selling for five dollars have several downsides: 

• The algorithm wants to promote higher priced gigs, because it earns more money for Fiverr. If you search for VOs, most of them will cost more than 10 and usually more than 30 bucks. 
  • It attracts bad buyers who will try to take advantage of you. You don't want to be working for the Scrooge McDucks of this world. They're demanding and truly believe they're investing a fortune in you by paying five bucks online. That sort of attitude can be a nightmare to face as a seller. 
  • It makes you look like an amateur. Would a real, seasoned voice-over talent with years of experience actually spend time on five-dollar projects? First impressions matter. Think of it this way: if you go into a supermarket  (I do love my supermarket analogies) to buy a bottle of wine, which one would you consider to be of the highest quality – the 5 dollar bottle or the 100 dollar bottle? Price says a lot about the quality of your work. 

Your demos: I'm wondering what a long rap/music piece is doing in a voice-over demo? You only have a few seconds to get a buyers attention with your demo. Spending it on something else than showing off your range in voice-over is a waste of time. Spend every second of your demo as if your life depends on it. Also, no need to slate your demos at the beginning. It's eating up the first 0,5 second and that's valuable space for your demo. 

Your IVR gig doesn't have an IVR demo. That's a very niche specific gig, and if someone searches for IVR specifically, they want to hear what you sound like doing IVRs, not commercials. Same goes for your medical/technical narration gig and Youtube gig. 

It can take months to get going on Fiverr. Some won't make it at all, but with real talent (which you clearly have) you can do it, with a bit of optimization, some marketing skills and a lot of patience. 

I hope this helps! Best of luck and welcome to Fiverr! 😄

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 5
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

Hi Thomas. Welcome as a VA on Fiverr! I'm a voice-over actor myself.

Don't listen to the people telling you this is about luck. It isn't. It's about how well you're able to market yourself. You need those initial sales under your belt, as they will get you going, but to get them, you need to get noticed. 

I checked out your gigs. 

Your gig descriptions could be improved, in my opinion. As a voice-over, it's easy to forget that we're also marketers. Learning about persuasive language and how to write for conversions is part of what we need to know. Your gig description is professional and not bad at all, but I would love to see something about the buyer in there, not just about you, and more about the benefits of ordering your gig. Your gig description should have one goal, and one goal only: to make people click "Order now". 

Your gig thumbnails aren't up to par with your competition. It needs to grab the attention of the buyer in search results. Have a look at some examples below: 

image.png.558507b5257805c846fc6753d7106651.png

Now compare it to yours. Which one would you click on as a buyer? 

I feel as if your selling price is too low. Selling for five dollars have several downsides: 

• The algorithm wants to promote higher priced gigs, because it earns more money for Fiverr. If you search for VOs, most of them will cost more than 10 and usually more than 30 bucks. 
  • It attracts bad buyers who will try to take advantage of you. You don't want to be working for the Scrooge McDucks of this world. They're demanding and truly believe they're investing a fortune in you by paying five bucks online. That sort of attitude can be a nightmare to face as a seller. 
  • It makes you look like an amateur. Would a real, seasoned voice-over talent with years of experience actually spend time on five-dollar projects? First impressions matter. Think of it this way: if you go into a supermarket  (I do love my supermarket analogies) to buy a bottle of wine, which one would you consider to be of the highest quality – the 5 dollar bottle or the 100 dollar bottle? Price says a lot about the quality of your work. 

Your demos: I'm wondering what a long rap/music piece is doing in a voice-over demo? You only have a few seconds to get a buyers attention with your demo. Spending it on something else than showing off your range in voice-over is a waste of time. Spend every second of your demo as if your life depends on it. Also, no need to slate your demos at the beginning. It's eating up the first 0,5 second and that's valuable space for your demo. 

Your IVR gig doesn't have an IVR demo. That's a very niche specific gig, and if someone searches for IVR specifically, they want to hear what you sound like doing IVRs, not commercials. Same goes for your medical/technical narration gig and Youtube gig. 

It can take months to get going on Fiverr. Some won't make it at all, but with real talent (which you clearly have) you can do it, with a bit of optimization, some marketing skills and a lot of patience. 

I hope this helps! Best of luck and welcome to Fiverr! 😄

Thank you for the in-depth reply and taking the time to check out my gigs!
I have a very talented graphic design friend making me specific thumbnails for each gig, and I have been reworking my demo reel a bit. 
I have also been re-writing my gig descriptions. I plan to make all these edits to the gig at once, as I don’t want them to disappear from search results for too long. Pricing has honestly been the most difficult part, it seems I get a different answer depending on who I as; so your input on that is most greatly appreciated.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, thomastweak said:

Thank you for the in-depth reply and taking the time to check out my gigs!
I have a very talented graphic design friend making me specific thumbnails for each gig, and I have been reworking my demo reel a bit. 
I have also been re-writing my gig descriptions. I plan to make all these edits to the gig at once, as I don’t want them to disappear from search results for too long. Pricing has honestly been the most difficult part, it seems I get a different answer depending on who I as; so your input on that is most greatly appreciated.  

I think that if you listen to the people with actual success on the platform, most of them will tell you to increase your rates. But if you don't want to take our word for it, take Fiverr's word for it. I suggest you read through some of the shareholder letters from the past year or so. The increasing focus on going upmarket and raising the average sales price can't be ignored.

image.png.cc0e3d95351b5a41546964a080dc4110.png

Glad I could help and I'm looking forward to seeing your gig improve and succeed over time! 😄

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 3