Finally achieved the "Request to Order" Feature

coder71

I just joined seller plus and do not see this feature. Here is the support request thread, FYI...

• t3ch_writ3rYesterday at 11:05

Hello,
    I just joined Seller Plus and I am not able to access the Advanced Settings when I edit my Gig. I am interested in using the Request to Order feature. Please see screenshots for missing Advanced Settings menu, etc. Thank you in advance for your help.

SkylarYesterday at 11:26
    Hi Chris,

Skylar here and thank you for reaching out to us regarding our new "Request to Order" feature.  

I understand you would like to know more about this feature and its availability on your account  
    At this moment, this is a Beta test we are running, and the feature is not currently available for all users.   

However, I would recommend that you keep an eye out for your account notifications, as we will notify you if your account becomes eligible in the future. 

Please let me know if you have further questions or if there's anything else we can help you with. 

Warm regards,

Skylar | Customer Support | Fiverr.com
    Please review our Fiverr Online Safety Tips.
    Try FREE Invoicing, Proposals, and Time Tracking from Fiverr workspace.

t3ch_writ3rToday at 09:12

Hi Skylar,
    Thank you for the response. It is slightly misleading when you click on this feature in Standard account, it says the feature is only available to Seller Plus members. It doesn’t say that if you join you will still have to be selected. This is a feature I’ve been waiting to arrive for a long time, but I do understand beta testing and will continue to wait. I just thought I’d share my thoughts on how the draft is used to sell Seller Plus memberships but then isn’t available to all Seller Plus users.

Thank you and regards,
    Chris

JayceToday at 09:34
    Hello there Chris,

I understand that you wish to receive the feature.

Currently, the feature is not available to all seller-plus users as it is being gradually released.

However, I am sure that in the near future, the option will become available to you as we plan on expanding this feature to more users.

Let us know if you have any further questions.
    Kind regards.

Jayce | Customer Support | Fiverr.com
    Please review our Fiverr Online Safety Tips.
    Try FREE Invoicing, Proposals, and Time Tracking from Fiverr workspace.

• Like 11
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Anyones thoughts on whether to use this? I initially turned my nose up at it even though i've also wanted this feature for ages and i'll tell you why. Because even though direct orders that I haven't properly qualified through engaging with the client first are basically always the ones that go wrong, a portion of them are still fine.

So I took the position that I guess its better to have the odd cancelation with a buyer who hasn't properly discussed their requirements with me and also have this additional revenue of direct orders which went smoothly, rather than not have those cancelations and also not have the additional revenue of the direct orders which went smooth.

But now today fiverr changed their review policy which now means if a buyer cancels an active order with an upcoming deadline then they can leave a public review. Unless they literally ordered by mistake. You can envisage a situation where perhaps a client has a massive misunderstanding of the creative process and ridiculous expectations which often direct orders do because these are people that might not understand the need to communicate first and discuss all of the possibilities of a creative project before committing to the deliverables, these buyers will now be able to review you if the order is cancelled.

Do you really want a buyer saying something like this seller misrepresents their services! they lie about their prices (coz they their incapable of reading or understanding your extras lol), not capable of delivering what they say they will deliver! etc etc. These all of the kinds of things i've been accused of simply because people don't understand the creative process and they haven't communicated with me first to discuss all of the possible variables and so I haven't been able to manage their expectations. And so I feel like i'm forced to turn this feature on now so I can filter out the "crazies" before they can even order because how can I let them loose on a review?

• Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1