Jump to content

What do you think of the current Fiverr rating system?


alexblattner
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey, everyone. I noticed that whenever I buy a gig I always give 5 stars on everything because that's standard practice when the seller does the job regardless of quality. I also realized that I can never really tell how good the seller is and guess based on the portfolio and rating (which is never lower than 4.5 stars). Sure, there's the pro service, but shouldn't that be something that results from good ratings?

 

What do you think of the current system?

  • Like 8
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, alexblattner said:

I buy a gig I always give 5 stars on everything because that's standard practice when the seller does the job regardless of quality.

Who told you it’s a standard practice? Review there is precisely for you to leave your honest reviews on how seller did his job. If you yourself don’t do your part in leaving honest reviews then of course you can’t trust other reviews too. 
Why are you leaving 5 star reviews even if sellers delivered low quality? 

  • Like 8
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Why are you leaving 5 star reviews even if sellers delivered low quality? 

Because it's considered a dick move not to? Also, even when a service is of low quality, I'd want to order it again because it's cheap.

Edited by alexblattner
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, alexblattner said:

Because it's considered a dick move not to?

And I would say it’s a d*** move to leave five star review when you received poor work and then complain that you don’t trust reviews. 
 

3 hours ago, alexblattner said:

Also, even when a service is of low quality, I'd want to order it again because it's cheap.

Then you shouldn’t complain 🤷‍♀️ You get what you pay for especially if you want to keep buying the same low quality service over and over again. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2022 at 8:43 PM, alexblattner said:

Because it's considered a dick move not to? Also, even when a service is of low quality, I'd want to order it again because it's cheap.

It's weird that you despise the quality of the work but simultaneously keep buying from them. Have you ever thought that perhaps those people who leave perfect reviews in low quality services know exactly what they need and they don't expect more than? The seller gets the work done and it's perfect for them, so they leave five stars. No one is forcing you to leave five stars if you're not satisfied, but the seller is also not obligated to keep working with you if you find them not performing up to your standard.

Edited by kevindwren
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...