“keep your customers happy” and how can you do that if you aren’t getting orders?

rnotte

Question

my gigs’ performances haven’t been doing so hot. the only 2 orders i’ve gotten (one for each), i had to ask someone on another platform. i’m super confused as to why my gigs have been performing so poorly when i have clear, concise titles, good videos and photos, and my ratings are in the green. i always see the same solution of “just keep your customers happy” but how am i supposed to do that if i’m not getting orders, and therefore, have no customers TO make happy?

this has been going on since early august

• Like 3
  • Up 2

5 answers to this question

Hi @rnotte,

You are an artist with skills in music and animation. A "happy customer" starts with the very first experience with your gig - first with your gig in search and then when they visit your gig. So it's important that you showcase your talents so that your buyers will want to see more. Definitely utilize all tools that you have - the gig video, gig images, and your portfolio.

In the beginning, my portfolio was the most important way for me to get orders. Especially when I didn't have many reviews.

Since I didn't have a portfolio, I had to "create" projects to show off what I could do for my buyers. I spent most of my time creating my portfolio, and it paid off. Interested buyers would contact me and say, "I saw your work samples on your profile and I know you can do this." I would then listen to their project needs and tell them how I could deliver what they are looking for. I got orders because of my portfolio. 

Having a good portfolio is wonderful because it helps your buyers visualize what they are looking for - many buyers don't know exactly what they want, so if you can show it to them and then explain all the details, you will most likely get an order.

So in short - Keep your potential buyers happy because they lead to happy customers. 😊

• Work on your portfolio so that you can attract interested buyers.
  • Show buyers that you can delivery what they want (via portfolio samples and good communication in the inbox).

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, rnotte said:

“your gig in search” part

If you have more than 0 impressions, that means your gig is being found in search. You don't need  100 impressions. You don't even need 40 impressions. If you can put together a good portfolio,  you will have a higher conversion rate. In my opinion, 1k impressions with 54 clicks and 2 orders isn't as good as 10 impressions, with 5 clicks and 4 orders. 

I also don't care where I am in search because what I find in search isn't what my buyers will see. Fiverr tailors search results to each buyer, so the results will be all different. I can't find myself at all in search (in 20+ pages).

It's useless to try find yourself in search. Instead, focus on making your gig attractive to buyers so that they'll want to click on your gig and order.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

Hi @rnotte,

You are an artist with skills in music and animation. A "happy customer" starts with the very first experience with your gig - first with your gig in search and then when they visit your gig. So it's important that you showcase your talents so that your buyers will want to see more. Definitely utilize all tools that you have - the gig video, gig images, and your portfolio.

In the beginning, my portfolio was the most important way for me to get orders. Especially when I didn't have many reviews.

Since I didn't have a portfolio, I had to "create" projects to show off what I could do for my buyers. I spent most of my time creating my portfolio, and it paid off. Interested buyers would contact me and say, "I saw your work samples on your profile and I know you can do this." I would then listen to their project needs and tell them how I could deliver what they are looking for. I got orders because of my portfolio. 

Having a good portfolio is wonderful because it helps your buyers visualize what they are looking for - many buyers don't know exactly what they want, so if you can show it to them and then explain all the details, you will most likely get an order.

So in short - Keep your potential buyers happy because they lead to happy customers. 😊

• Work on your portfolio so that you can attract interested buyers.
  • Show buyers that you can delivery what they want (via portfolio samples and good communication in the inbox).

great tip on the portfolio, i will certainly build it. but the “your gig in search” part is where i’m struggling the most, because fiverr’s algorithm is completely unpredictable in who they choose to display on the front page, and who at the very bottom. both of my gigs, in their respective categories, are the latter. though i did just make them a few weeks ago (because since my first gig crashed hard, i put it on pause and made a new one. is that a good idea?)

• Like 5