First Buyer Convo. Is it a scam?

artcee_vibes

[HELP] First Buyer Possible Scammer?

Monday(September 12th) a buyer wanted a portrait of 12 people(music artists) for an album cover and the deadline was September 17th. They started off with sending me a reference of another artist for the colors they wanted to use. Then sent me the 7 of the music artists at this point I didn't know this was for an album cover. They proceeded to say there were more on the 13th and only sent 2 more on the 15th. The photos of these "music artists" seem screenshotted off of their instagrams or something so I asked what the portrait was for, a fanart or will it be used commercially. And they proceeded to respond with, "All artists consented and this is for an album cover." 😭 So I raised an eyebrow because I didn't specifically asked that. I moved on and repeated back everything to make sure we were in agreement of what the buyer wanted and they confirmed...ON THE 17TH! I told them in order to meet their deadline I would have to charge a one day fee and they said, "That's fine but there are a few changes." I asked what the changes were and NO response until the 18th(today). And they sent 2 more "music artists". The photos again looked like screenshots of their circle profile pics on instagram so it was hard to make out and I asked if I could get a better pic while also confirming now its 12 people and they said,"12 in total. I wish I could send you a better photo but that's all the artists sent me. Please do your best. It doesn't have to be 100% perfect." Now I feel like this went from sus to a red flag. I asked about the new deadline because they didn't u the fact we missed the last one. So now the deadline is the 20th. I haven't sent an offer yet because it feels off. I've done commissions before but not on Fiverr. I did also get my first order on the 17th from another buyer but I haven't started on that yet.  I realllyyy don't want to end up delivering all this art then getting scammed by this first buyer though. Any thoughts? 👀

• Like 9

1 hour ago, artcee_vibes said:

The photos again looked like screenshots of their circle profile pics on instagram so it was hard to make out and I asked if I could get a better pic while also confirming now its 12 people and they said,"12 in total. I wish I could send you a better photo but that's all the artists sent me. 

I think that anyone who is legit enough to have permission from the artists would also have the Hi-res digital files provided from the respective publicity firms or management. Fishy. Beware.  

• Like 8
  • Up 3

5 hours ago, web_munna45 said:

Anyone who is legitimate enough to obtain the artists' consent would, in my opinion, also have access to the high-resolution digital files provided by the relevant public relations agencies or management. Fishy. Beware.

I liked the comment much more when I said it. Please don't copy other people's words and use them as your own. This makes you look like a complete scammer. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 7
  • Up 2

11 hours ago, newsmike said:

think that anyone who is legit enough to have permission from the artists would also have the Hi-res digital files provided from the respective publicity firms or management. Fishy. Beware.  

5 hours ago, web_munna45 said:

Anyone who is legitimate enough to obtain the artists' consent would, in my opinion, also have access to the high-resolution digital files provided by the relevant public relations agencies or management. Fishy. Beware.

1522271109_ScreenShot2022-09-18at8_07_48PM.png.2f2f409e537db34dea589c374f7c2fb7.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 4