What happens if I don't deliver the order at all?

khizarmahmood1

Question

My client is responding . Initially we agreed on terms and requirements to start the order. After few days he texted me to stop working on project as his requirements are changed and he is not willing to continue the project for which he wanted the work from me. Now he is not responding and I can't deliver him anything ( as I haven't worked on his project too). I don't want order cancellation too as it will have a negative impact on my gig rankings.

• Like 7

1 answer to this question

On 9/17/2022 at 6:06 PM, khizarmahmood1 said:

My client is responding . Initially we agreed on terms and requirements to start the order. After few days he texted me to stop working on project as his requirements are changed and he is not willing to continue the project for which he wanted the work from me. Now he is not responding and I can't deliver him anything ( as I haven't worked on his project too). I don't want order cancellation too as it will have a negative impact on my gig rankings.

Nothing will happen unless your buyer decides to cancel the order via customer support. It will just "sit there" being "late" and have no effect on your account, but you won't get paid and it will only serve to annoy not just you, but also the buyer. Even though this sucks, I'd recommend cancelling the order. To lessen the blow from the cancellation, try to cancel it when you have a bunch of other orders. That will help you keep your completion rate up. If you cancel it and don't receive any other orders, you risk your completion rate dropping too much, causing demotion and other issues. 

Before doing so, I'd try to communicate with the buyer for a while longer. Don't give up. Ask them if there's anything else you can do, since they already have the order in place, and if they simply don't want to work with you, cancellation will be your best option. Keeping their money in escrow will only lead to an annoyed buyer. 

My policy on cancellations is as follows: 

If a buyer, for any reason, wishes to cancel an order, I'll only accept that if their reasoning is justified. If/when that happens, I will never work with that buyer again. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 3
  • Up 1