This platform stinks

ornathesword

1. Why can't we set "shop hours"? Freelancers (and people) are not at beck and call 24/7. I have my personal operating hours and those are the hours I want to worry about checking and responding to messages. Unfortunately, because fiverr has no option to set hours those times are a secret. 

2. No other notification option than email and the last message didn't even come to my email. 

3. The customers. I have had several contacts to "help" people with their college assignments. It was more of a "do it for them" than "help" and 1) plagarism and 2) give me the degree if I'm doing the work. All I did here was waste time because the only thing I don't want to be involved in is helping people cheat on their college degrees and fiverr is flooded with people looking for it. 

4. Can't talk to customer service. 

5. I can't block people looking for plagarism from messaging me AND it still counts towards my response time.

Fiverr needs a lot of improvement. 

• Like 1

Hi @ornathesword, Welcome to the forum!

1 hour ago, ornathesword said:

1. Why can't we set "shop hours"? Freelancers (and people) are not at beck and call 24/7. I have my personal operating hours and those are the hours I want to worry about checking and responding to messages. Unfortunately, because fiverr has no option to set hours those times are a secret. 

You're right - sellers are not required to be available 24/7. For many sellers, their work on Fiverr is on a part-time basis. I see many sellers list their hours of operations in their bio. You could do the same.

2. No other notification option than email and the last message didn't even come to my email. 

If you're using email, it might be sending your messages to spam. I don't use my email notification. I choose to get my notifications via the mobile app and the desktop application.

3. The customers. I have had several contacts to "help" people with their college assignments. It was more of a "do it for them" than "help" and 1) plagarism and 2) give me the degree if I'm doing the work. All I did here was waste time because the only thing I don't want to be involved in is helping people cheat on their college degrees and fiverr is flooded with people looking for it. 

I used to get a lot of messages asking for student work until I started to use the Seller Plus program's "Negative Keywords." Now I block any seller that uses the terms "write essay," "SOP," "thesis," "assignment," and "write paper" in their search terms. Those Negative Keywords have been working great!

Prior to using the Negative Keywords, I would just ask if it their request was an assignment, and if it was, I would just cite Fiverr's ToS and tell them I can't do student work. Don't spend too much time on those buyers.

You can reach out to Customer Service here:

https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/selling-on-fiverr/orders/general-inquiry

Or email them at: support@fiverr.com

Even though it can take a while to hear from Customer Service (usually 12 hrs to respond, sometimes it can take a day or so), they are usually responsive once they get to your ticket. The quickest time that they resolved my issue was 22 minutes from the time I posted my request.

5. I can't block people looking for plagarism from messaging me AND it still counts towards my response time.

If you make a quick response (such as "Hi" or "no") and click on the "spam" button, it won't count towards your response time.

I agree! However, Fiverr is doing a lot of upgrades constantly and I'm pretty happy with many of the changes that they are making, such as replacing Buyer Requests with Buyer Briefs and splitting the Seller Plus program into 2 tiers so that more sellers can benefit from the program.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

On 9/17/2022 at 11:38 AM, ornathesword said:

You can easily reply within 24 hours. Also, you can have a long delivery time..

On 9/17/2022 at 11:38 AM, ornathesword said:

Say HI and mark as spam. It WORKS! 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, ornathesword said:

I'm gonna start off by saying that your title on this post stinks. I'm surprised that so many took the time to even give you a proper response to this thread. 

Out of respect for the platform that I work on daily, I'm going to refrain from further comments on your post title. 

Regarding your opening hours: you decide when you want to be online. I'm online during the day, offline during the night, and I'm a top rated seller and a pro seller. If someone sends me a message in the middle of the night, they can wait until I get back to work. If they can't wait, I'm not the right option for them. Simple as that. 

My average response time is one hour, even though I never respond to messages at night. 

One word: App

Then perhaps you should invest in Seller Plus and use the feature called "negative keywords". It can help you a lot if you're getting a lot of irrelevant requests. Set up a Quick Response to deal with the ones who still contact you about it, and consider editing your gigs if they are giving off the impression that you offer this type of work. 

Who "talks" these days? You create a ticket. How hard can it be? 

Yes you can. You report it as spam and voilá: blocked. 

Name one platform that doesn't need improvement. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

Not related but since we are talking about "stink"

I think it would be helpful to revert to the previous user interface/user experience, in which a seller could easily refer to messages in the "Inbox" or "Order" tab. Now the "Orders" tab is hidden in "My Business" and it is difficult for a seller to be aware of any new notifications.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

Not related but since we are talking about "stink"

I think it would be helpful to revert to the previous user interface/user experience, in which a seller could easily refer to messages in the "Inbox" or "Order" tab. Now the "Orders" tab is hidden in "My Business" and it is difficult for a seller to be aware of any new notifications.

Not sure what you mean. You get notifications in the notification menu, just as before. Regarding the old user interface, that stinked more. In fact, it was so stinky that I started to wear a face mask to work in my own house! I much prefer the new interface. With that said – I have shortcuts to the most important pages I use the most in my bookmarks bar. 

image.png.93ef719296636b5a61343c1560b2f38f.png

I use separate browser profiles for work, so when I log in to my work e-mail, I automatically get a browser adapted to working on Fiverr. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, smashradio said:

I have shortcuts to the most important pages I use the most in my bookmarks bar. 

@smashradio - Thanks for the tip! Since we got the new toolbar, the "Switch to Buying" button doesn't work at all for me. I've tried refreshing the page and clicking on the button, but it never works.

If I need to see my orders as a buyer, I've been visiting my profile and selecting "view profile" to switch to buying mode. Now I have that page in my bookmarks bar. Thanks!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, vickieito said:

@smashradio - Thanks for the tip! Since we got the new toolbar, the "Switch to Buying" button doesn't work at all for me. I've tried refreshing the page and clicking on the button, but it never works.

If I need to see my orders as a buyer, I've been visiting my profile and selecting "view profile" to switch to buying mode. Now I have that page in my bookmarks bar. Thanks!

I've noticed that too! The button doesn't always work and I sometimes have to re-click it. It has issues. 

I'll be sure to let the relevant team know! (I always wanted to say that, as a homage to customer support. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/17/2022 at 6:00 PM, smashradio said:

I'm gonna start off by saying that your title on this post stinks. I'm surprised that so many took the time to even give you a proper response to this thread. 

I absolutely agree with you here. That was a bit unprofessional and unnecessary. I understand the frustration, but, yeah...

• Like 1