Gig Deranking

brandwizard1

Hello everyone! I have been experiencing how some freelancers  having like 5 years ago account on Fiverr and still functioning like 30 and more Orders everyday while I only a month account then deranked, how and how can I have king lasting account in Fiverr pls anyone

Edited by brandwizard1
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, brandwizard1 said:

Hello everyone! I have been experiencing how some freelancers  having like 5 years ago account on Fiverr and still functioning like 30 and more Orders everyday while I only a month account then deranked, how and how can I have king lasting account in Fiverr pls anyone

Hi @brandwizard1, Welcome to Fiverr and the forum!😊

I see that you have only been on the platform since Aug, so the fact that you have 3 reviews already means you are ahead of the game. It isn't easy getting your first orders. The first 20 orders were really slow for me. There's a huge misconception that it's easy to sell on Fiverr and all you have to do is create a gig and the orders start pouring in.

In reality, competition is pretty high. You specialize in branding and there are 43,988 other gigs out there doing the same thing as you are. You've got to niche down, target your buyers, and make your unique selling points crystal clear so that buyers choose you over the other 43,988 gigs offering the same services. The more specialize and targeted you are, the less competition you'll have, and the higher visibility you'll have in search. Try also to make your gigs attractive by adding gig videos and temporarily lower prices. For me in the beginning, getting orders were more important that getting the prices I wanted. Then, when orders grew to an unmanageable level, I was able to increase my prices tenfold.

2 hours ago, brandwizard1 said:

then deranked

There is no "ranking" in Fiverr. It isn't a search engine that ranks gigs in order. Instead, it's a matching service tailored specifically for each buyer and their buying habits. So what you see in search isn't what your buyers see in search. And Fiverr constantly rotates gigs so that all sellers can have exposure.

I can't, for the life of me, find myself in search. However, my buyers have sent me screenshots showing that I have the Fiverr's Choice badge. So I know I'm getting seen and that my buyers are finding me.

Whether or not you show up in search for a buyer is based on relevancy - and the relevancy is not just based on SEO, titles, and tags. Those are only helpful to a point, but not the biggest factor that plays into whether you have high impressions and high visibility in search. The biggest factor on whether you'll get found in search is your seller performance, compared to other sellers in your category, and over the past 60-90 days. Since new sellers don't have that history, Fiverr initially gives new sellers a boost so their gigs can be seen, but after a month, that boost disappears and it may seem like you are "deranked." That's why getting orders is so important, because the sellers with more orders, faster response rates, quicker deliveries, and happier customers will be shown higher up in search.

• Like 10