Buyers Bypassing My Gig Page / Messaging Instead

matthewthom

Fellow Fiverr-errs,

I'm going to try to avoid turning this into a rant session, but does anyone else ever have buyers message you about your services and pricing, when they could've just ordered directly from your page instead? I'm not talking about special order requests, because those come with custom quotes, as my three packages might not always fit the scope of what they need done.

For example (I do resume writing/editing services), this exchange happens all too often:

Buyer: Hi, I need to have my resume edited. Can you do this, and how much would it cost and how long would it take?

Me: Hello! Yes, I am taking orders. First though, did you get a chance to look at my packages and pricing?

Buyer: No. How do I do that?

Of course I don't mind providing them with that information (I have a quick response template) but it just seems redundant to have to do this exchange when their answers could've easily been given had they just perused my page in the first place. I take into consideration many of my buyers are often first-timers on Fiverr, but I've always thought it was pretty self-explanatory to navigate or place an order.

Maybe I have high expectations that all buyers would just order without contacting me first? 🙂 

Anyone else experience this or find ways to mitigate? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, matthewthom said:

does anyone else ever have buyers message you about your services and pricing, when they could've just ordered directly from your page instead?

90% of my buyers contact me first rather than order straight through my gig page and about 80% of those who do contact me end up ordering through my gig page after chatting with me.

The other 20% normally want faster service, so I'll do custom orders for them. I have really long delivery times on my gig pages (7-14 days) even though it only takes a day or so to do my resume orders.

I'm booked through December, so if I do take on a resume order, I want to work it around other my other projects/gigs. I actually prefer buyers to contact me first because I'm turning down more orders than accepting these days. However, if they do order directly from my gig page, the terms I set on my packages works fine for me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, vickieito said:

90% of my buyers contact me first rather than order straight through my gig page and about 80% of those who do contact me end up ordering through my gig page after chatting with me.

The other 20% normally want faster service, so I'll do custom orders for them. I have really long delivery times on my gig pages (7-14 days) even though it only takes a day or so to do my resume orders.

I'm booked through December, so if I do take on a resume order, I want to work it around other my other projects/gigs. I actually prefer buyers to contact me first because I'm turning down more orders than accepting these days. However, if they do order directly from my gig page, the terms I set on my packages works fine for me.

Thanks for your insight! I'd say my percentages are comparable.

Booked through December?! Wow! Good for you!

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, matthewthom said:

Booked through December?! Wow! Good for you!

Thanks! However, all my curriculum design orders are on subscriptions, so I have mixed feelings there. Turning down resume orders is not what I want to do. Resumes make good money and they have quick turnaround.

29 minutes ago, matthewthom said:

Anyone else experience this or find ways to mitigate? 

The only time I had 100% ordering-straight-from-the-gig type of buyers was when my prices were really low and my turnaround times were very short. If that's what you are really looking for, you can go that route. However, I found it too stressful for me. I like to know what's coming and scheduling things out.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 5