Seller Wanting Me To Create Discord or Telegram Account

blackistudios

Hello all, I'm still relatively new to the Fiverr experience and when looking for a game developer I've come across one who I felt may be able to get the job of creating a demo for me but they keep requesting I make a Discord or Telegram Account to communicate. It sounds pretty fishy to me so I haven't done so. They have 2 reviews but those could be false reviews. Is there a way to verify if the seller is authentic? Thanks

• Like 7

Sometimes buyers aren't aware that communication isn't allowed outside of Fiverr. And other times they really just want to scam you. But either way, always follow Fiverr Terms of Service, no outside communication. Just politely remind them that it isn't allowed, if they still don't agree then it's not worth working with them -- unless you want to lose your account.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, theratypist said:

Sometimes buyers aren't aware that communication isn't allowed outside of Fiverr. And other times they really just want to scam you. But either way, always follow Fiverr Terms of Service, no outside communication. Just politely remind them that it isn't allowed, if they still don't agree then it's not worth working with them -- unless you want to lose your account.

I'm actually the buyer, the seller wants to communicate outside of Fiverr which made me leery that they may try to get me to pay for a service outside of here then I never see the work. Thank you!

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, blackistudios said:

I'm actually the buyer, the seller wants to communicate outside of Fiverr which made me leery that they may try to get me to pay for a service outside of here then I never see the work. Thank you!

Oh I see, sorry I misunderstood! Yes, certainly don't do that. Fiverr doesn't protect you incase anything goes wrong out there. In here you can get refunds based on all the communication and output submitted within the order page 🙂

• Like 5