Fiverr client asks me to photoshop items to appear damaged

surrealrob

Question

I have contacted support to get back to me if that's legal and I wouldn't get in trouble for doing that, however, no reply and my time is running out. Now it might be done as a prank for a friend, or to have the item refunded - I have no idea. I am not technically forging any documents, so the line is a little grey here, should i proceed with the order? 

• Like 6

4 answers to this question

The fact that this bothered you as much as to create a post here shows that this is against your conscience.

Yes, technically you are just editing an image, but in actuality, you may be an accomplice to fraud.

Perhaps, the best way is to contact support and tell them that the client placed an order proposing illegal activity, and you want to cancel without hurting your stats.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

Well, It doesn't seem to me that it is in fact for something illegal (Mostly because images seem to be downloaded from web rather than taken from mobile - lot's of stories on those items online), however heard stories where accounts have been closed for smaller reasons, given how long it takes to hit the ground running on this platform I am not willing risking it, hence trying to get clear info before proceeding. Still got 6 hours, let's hope Fiverr support get backs to me so I can get this clarified. 

I am guessing it will be used in some article. Problem here is that if fiverr team looks at this order, they probably will not bother to do as much research as i did and will decide I committed to illegal activity.

Edited by surrealrob
  • Like 5
  • Up 1

11 minutes ago, surrealrob said:

Well, It doesn't seem to me that it is in fact for something illegal (Mostly because images seem to be downloaded from web rather than taken from mobile - lot's of stories on those items online), however heard stories where accounts have been closed for smaller reasons, given how long it takes to hit the ground running on this platform I am not willing risking it, hence trying to get clear info before proceeding. Still got 6 hours, let's hope Fiverr support get backs to me so I can get this clarified. 

I am guessing it will be used in some article. Problem here is that if fiverr team looks at this order, they probably will not bother to do as much research as i did and will decide I committed to illegal activity.

Well, you could have asked the client about the purpose of this order.

As for customer support, how would they think that you committed illegal activity?

Everything seems to be very vague regarding intent. Also, you have not delivered anything yet.

Last but not least, you took the matter to them.

I think you are in the clear.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, sunboatrecords said:

Well, you could have asked the client about the purpose of this order.

As for customer support, how would they think that you committed illegal activity?

Everything seems to be very vague regarding intent. Also, you have not delivered anything yet.

Last but not least, you took the matter to them.

I think you are in the clear.

It would seem so, general comment on reddit are similar. It's not personal item that could be returned etc, I might have been overthinking it. Thanks for a quick reply

• Like 7