Thoughts on the new Dashboard Bar

sunboatrecords

Thoughts on the new Dashboard Bar  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What is your first impression?

• I like it.
    • I prefer the previous bar.

1 hour ago, melanielm said:

I'm never a fan of having to click more buttons to get where I need to go. I'm also not a fan of the notifications and inbox icon green dot being so incredibly small. It makes it harder to notice at a glance. Might just be my old eyes.

Yes, those are my issues. For someone that has lots of orders and notifications, this menu is a bit harder to use. But... I will get used to it. However, it does look a lot cleaner, that I can say.

• Like 6

I have no clue what the UI/UX designers consume in free time, but hey, dudes and gals....  get sober please.

image_2022-09-16_200249526.thumb.png.138eb2108cdae2ea393d8e4f4622f6a9.png

I have nothing against changes, but I do have a lot against changing things to worse instead of enhancing them.

So, we have what is the sort of "the main page" for a seller - the Dashboard.

And the rest of the menu is all just sort of a mesh up. Each segment feels displaced, and feels like it has less accessibility than before.

Like, it's all being stuffed in a sub-menu called "My business" (wows) but the analytics, which are again corelated with my business is in a separate sub-menu.

Nothing seems to have any sense at all 😕 The switch from buying to selling goes into the menu that pops off my profile icon? Mushrooms?

Now, what is truly concerning, is those 3 almost invisible icons on the far right of the menu board.... Just, not right at all. Neither the position, neither the small size and the pale gray ghostly look. 

Is it just me having such experience with the new layout? Fiverr team, can we at least make a poll and vote before you force changes that ain't good probably?

Edited by dmc_art

26 minutes ago, dmc_art said:

And the rest of the menu is all just sort of a mesh up. Each segment feels displaced, and feels like it has less accessibility than before.

Actually they organized everything in menus so it's easier to handle. We are all reluctant to change so I get it, but the new interface is a lot cleaner and certainly more professional. Of course there will be people that won't like it, because no one will 100% agree on everything. 

27 minutes ago, dmc_art said:

I have no clue what the UI/UX designers consume in free time, but hey, dudes and gals....  get sober please.

That's too much though....

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Actually they organized everything in menus so it's easier to handle. We are all reluctant to change so I get it, but the new interface is a lot cleaner and certainly more professional. Of course there will be people that won't like it, because no one will 100% agree on everything. 

That's too much though....

say, the "analytics", which, if I open Overview - I can go to "repeat business" from there. So, its pointless having that sub-menu. It is not me being reluctant to change, nor this looks even nearly to professional by my opinion

4 minutes ago, dmc_art said:

say, the "analytics", which, if I open Overview - I can go to "repeat business" from there. So, its pointless having that sub-menu. It is not me being reluctant to change, nor this looks even nearly to professional by my opinion

So you prefered a bunch of words spread all over the upper part of the screen? To each his own I guess. 

I find it very well organized. And while it's not as easy to access right now, that's because I am used to the older one. The reaction was mostly positive when it comes to the new menus. There are some menus that I don't use or care about, so having these neatly organized means less clutter. 

If you dislike how some things are arranged, you can easily add them in the browser bookmark bar and access them directly from there.....

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

So you prefered a bunch of words spread all over the upper part of the screen? To each his own I guess. 

I find it very well organized. And while it's not as easy to access right now, that's because I am used to the older one. The reaction was mostly positive when it comes to the new menus. There are some menus that I don't use or care about, so having these neatly organized means less clutter. 

If you dislike how some things are arranged, you can easily add them in the browser bookmark bar and access them directly from there.....

Nope, ain't talking about each segment spread on the board, but hey "you can easily add them in the browser bookmark bar and access them directly from there" -.that was cute. And again man, what about the icons on the far right? If most of the elements are placed somewhere from left to the center (short inbox preview on far left etc), what is the point of the 3 icons being completely vague and out of sight?

Edited by dmc_art

I just hope that on the 18th with the updates we'll see something more, or different than this as, I quote them - "we work on improving your user experience"

If not, I guess we'll have to stick with it and work with what we have. I don't wanna sound rude, but dude this is like a perfect example of those "you had one job...one job..." memes

Just noticed that if I open the pop-up menu "help & resources" (the third icon on the far east), "ask the community" and "fiverr forums" are the SAME THING. I mean, this is getting really ridiculous...

Edited by dmc_art

37 minutes ago, dmc_art said:

I just hope that on the 18th with the updates we'll see something more, or different than this as, I quote them - "we work on improving your user experience"

That's a general thing. And yes, in general those updates are usually server-side, it's not related to implementing any new features. Not saying it doesn't happen on Sunday, but the chances of something new on Sunday are slim to none, they just brought the new interface..

38 minutes ago, dmc_art said:

Just noticed that if I open the pop-up menu "help & resources" (the third icon on the far east), "ask the community" and "fiverr forums" are the SAME THING. I mean, this is getting really ridiculous...

I think you're way too harsh and nitpicking on something very new. I mean, it's your choice, but I think you should cut them some slack.

• Like 5

It took a bit of getting used to, like any changes, but it's fine. Unfortunately, it didn't fix something that was an issue with the old dashboard, too. Sometimes, you have to randomly click "Switch to Selling", when you hadn't switched to Buying in the first place, but just looked at something. No drama, but unneeded clicks and lost milliseconds accumulate over time 😉 
Lost time and annoyance factor through spam, be it all the Telegram, WhatsApp and similar scammers, or all the spam by sellers who don't realize that Gigs are no BRs, is far, far worse, of course – if I could choose, I'd rather people work on reducing that issue than on another revamp of the dashboard for sure, but it's nice.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, digital_faiz said:

Do you like the main menu new look? I don't, I think it is very confusing.

They ruined something that was functional