Thoughts on the new Dashboard Bar  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What is your first impression?

• I like it.
    • I prefer the previous bar.

Just now, sunboatrecords said:

What is your first impression?

I just got it!

I thought it was cool that "Contact Support" is an option now and the forum is listed twice! It seems more user support-friendly than the last one.

image.png.99917acf4d4db4e7312f45b5d3380ed5.png

This new layout does hide a lot, but once you start clicking on things, it's the same. I might forget about some features, though. 😂

I do like this section here (not really part of the new dashboard, but a new thing):

image.png.6c405d477bed16be392103a72e869e15.png

I would love to have something similar for our profile/gig pages (for sellers to make announcements for their buyers/anyone visiting their gigs).

• Like 9
  • Up 2

Fiverr seem to be making a real effort to make positive changes, and they appear to be listening to feedback.  I guess the only thing I will say is that seller plus is repeated in 2 menus.  It appears in Growth and Marketing and Analytics.  Isn't that a bit clunky? 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, breals said:

Fiverr seem to be making a real effort to make positive changes, and they appear to be listening to feedback.  I guess the only thing I will say is that seller plus is repeated in 2 menus.  It appears in Growth and Marketing and Analytics.  Isn't that a bit clunky? 

I think that they did that to group seller plus features together and also remind us that we have this privilege!

Edited by sunboatrecords
  • Like 9
  • Up 2

1 minute ago, gwyneth_galvin said:

my bad, I did scroll to see if there were any posts on it already but I didn't search. Didn't mean to clog up the feed with another post 😛

You did nothing of the sort! 😊

Are you on Seller Plus, too? I think they might have rolled it out the Seller Plus community first.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Yet they still allow people to order 10x or 20x your gig packages.... I hope the update to solve that issue is next.

Set your starting prices to €1,000 and soon enough you will have your own yacht!

Jokes aside, being able to buy the same gig extra multiple times can be useful, though.

Edited by sunboatrecords
  • Like 8

28 minutes ago, sunboatrecords said:

Set your starting prices to €1,000 and soon enough you will have your own yacht!

Or no one buys anything. I don't see anyone buying a $1000 article. Someone might, once a year maybe. 

29 minutes ago, sunboatrecords said:

Jokes aside, being able to buy the same gig extra multiple times can be useful, though.

It might, for some people. However, that also means you need to talk with the seller. Fiverr sets the 1x package deadline for 20x the work, so that alone means they need to offer a way for sellers to stop this, if they don't want to. I don't say they have to remove it, but as a seller you should be able to stop that and not have people come with 10x or 20x your maximum word count or package... That just leads to problems for everyone. 

• Like 5
  • Up 4

9 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

It might, for some people. However, that also means you need to talk with the seller. Fiverr sets the 1x package deadline for 20x the work, so that alone means they need to offer a way for sellers to stop this, if they don't want to. I don't say they have to remove it, but as a seller you should be able to stop that and not have people come with 10x or 20x your maximum word count or package... That just leads to problems for everyone. 

You are absolutely right, and it can be a very serious problem. It is the first time that I actually saw it. They should set the delivery date to scale accordingly.

On the other hand, if your price is substantial, the sum can get out of hand for most people. So it is hard to see anybody purchasing 20 packs in these cases.

I believe that gig extras can increase the deadline, if you set them correctly.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, sunboatrecords said:

On the other hand, if your price is substantial, the sum can get out of hand for most people. So it is hard to see anybody purchasing 20 packs in these cases.

Well it depends. As an article writer, I encounter this often, because we don't always have huge prices, and articles are some of those things people want to buy in bulk. For a logo, maybe not. 

• Like 8

I'm never a fan of having to click more buttons to get where I need to go. I'm also not a fan of the notifications and inbox icon green dot being so incredibly small. It makes it harder to notice at a glance. Might just be my old eyes.

Other than that, the new menu looks great.

• Like 6
  • Up 3