Seller Plus, Premium.

newsmike

Dear newsmike,

We're constantly working on new ways to help freelancers like you grow on Fiverr. To give more sellers access to growth opportunities and increase flexibility, we're splitting Seller Plus into two plans, Standard and Premium.

Luckily for you, as a valued Seller Plus member, you’re automatically in the Premium plan for no added cost. If you choose to drop to a Standard plan, you’ll have to let go of some Premium perks like having a dedicated success manager (and the price to rejoin is going up soon).

As always, if you have any questions please feel free to reach out to your success manager who is here to help, or contact our customer support.

We're excited to continue working together on your growth!
The Seller Plus Team

• Like 31
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Dear newsmike,

I... 

Is this the start of a paywall or a barrier between paying vs. non-paying sellers? 

I mean, if Seller Plus will be accesible to more people / eventually everyone, could it be that those who don't join will eventually be at a severe disadvantage? 
I'm just speculating (and I'm still torn on what I think about a paywall, so) but.. with all the other changes...

(of course, it's also just more money for Fiverr if they have a standard plan that more people can join, but yeah.)

• Like 23
  • Up 3

12 minutes ago, katakatica said:

I... 

Is this the start of a paywall or a barrier between paying vs. non-paying sellers? 

I mean, if Seller Plus will be accesible to more people / eventually everyone, could it be that those who don't join will eventually be at a severe disadvantage? 
I'm just speculating (and I'm still torn on what I think about a paywall, so) but.. with all the other changes...

(of course, it's also just more money for Fiverr if they have a standard plan that more people can join, but yeah.)

My first thought was that they went the wrong way. As an avid proponent of the pay wall (surprise, I know), I felt that instead of offering a lower level with less features, they should have instituted a higher level, a level that would hopefully would allow premium visibility, the ability to create more than 1 gig, ability to sell at more than $5, etc.  Thereby forcing the divide, because the problems that plague the site are definitely coming from the people who will never sign up for any level of seller plus. We see this every day on the forum, the sellers from a certain location that say, "I just made 7 gigs yesterday, stay online 26 hours every day, and as marketing expert, but make no sales, pray for me." 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 19
  • Up 7

14 minutes ago, newsmike said:

you’ll have to let go of some Premium perks like having a dedicated success manager (and the price to rejoin is going up soon).

I got this message too! I'm really curious to see what other "Premium" perks there are besides the dedicated success manager and what the difference between the two programs will be.

Will the Seller Plus forum be on the Standard or Premium plan? What will be the price difference between the two for new members?

7 minutes ago, katakatica said:

if Seller Plus will be accesible to more people / eventually everyone, could it be that those who don't join will eventually be at a severe disadvantage? 

I'm not sure if the features of the standard plan (without the success manager) will be worth it, unless you have access to success managers on the forum to answer your questions.

• Like 20
  • Up 5

2 minutes ago, newsmike said:

I felt that instead of offering a lower level with less features, they should have instituted a higher level, a level that would hopefully would allow premium visibility, the ability to create more than 1 gig, ability to sell at more than $5, etc. 

I agree with @newsmike on this one. It was a bit of a surprise to see that the "current" program was considered the premium tier. I think they should add more perks for premium services.

• Like 18
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, newsmike said:

My first thought was that they went the wrong way. As an avid proponent of the pay wall (surprise, I know), I felt that instead of offering a lower level with less features, they should have instituted a higher level, a level that would hopefully would allow premium visibility, the ability to create more than 1 gig, ability to sell at more than $5, etc.

I think what they want to do is to give you the features without a success manager. They can make it optional, to be honest I use it for the other features, barely talked with the success manager 2 times and I had this since the beginning.

• Like 23
  • Up 4

7 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I'm not sure if the features of the standard plan (without the success manager) will be worth it, unless you have access to success managers on the forum to answer your questions.

Advanced analytics and faster payments would definitely be worth it.

• Like 22
  • Up 6

19 minutes ago, katakatica said:

As I said, I think the ability to have a success manager will cost extra. The other features will most likely remain the same and they will add more.

I can also see the Premium users having early access a few weeks or months to newer features, then the less expensive tier gets them. 

• Like 18
  • Up 3

3 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

As I said, I think the ability to have a success manager will cost extra. The other features will most likely remain the same and they will add more.

I can also see the Premium users having early access a few weeks or months to newer features, then the less expensive tier gets them. 

This is definitely not about raising the bar on the quality of sellers, this is about selling keyword research and services that don't take SM time for a low price point.

• Like 16
  • Up 4

5 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I think the ability to have a success manager will cost extra.

I think Zoom meetings with the success managers should cost extra. I never do the Zoom meetings, but I do email (and my success manager can respond at her own convenience). Since success managers are available on the forum, I'm wondering if access to success managers will be a perk via the Seller Plus forum will be a perk on the Standard plan and the premium one has "dedicated" success managers.

5 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Premium users having early access a few weeks or months to newer features,

Then Fiverr will need to tell us earlier about these features. The Seller Plus forum was up 2 weeks before the "announcement" email came out about it.

• Like 13
  • Up 5

2 minutes ago, newsmike said:

This is definitely not about raising the bar on the quality of sellers, this is about selling keyword research and services that don't take SM time for a low price point.

Oh, I 100% agree with that. It's about giving access to some of the tools for a cheaper price, so more sellers onboard this program quickly. I am not sure how much it will cost when it comes to Standard. I was lucky enough to get this at the $19 price for the first 200 people. I can only assume it will be $30 for Premium and $20 for Standard, that would make sense.

• Like 14
  • Up 4

I'm not adjusting my subscription. It did say there was no added cost for whatever premium you already are in. 😆 

I am curious as to the differences against the lower tier though.... I agree that it should have been a higher tier with more features. Or hey, I'd be fine if this premium tier gets more (new) features at the same price point. I will not be shocked if they end up having 3 packages eventually. hahaha

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 19

Just now, theratypist said:

I am curious as to the differences against the lower tier though.... I agree that it should have been a higher tier with more features. Or hey, I'd be fine if this premium tier gets more (new) features at the same price point. I will not be shocked if they end up having 3 packages eventually. hahaha

If they have 3 packages, then that would be too much. I can see a Standard and Premium, with the premium having access to the success managers and early access to some new features. That would be a good idea. However, that also means they should add new features more often in order for early access to make sense. It will be ok even with just the success manager access for Premium. Since many of us are early adopters here anyway, it won't change the price so it's ok. But I understand they want more sellers on board, so if less features for a lower price entices them to join the program, sure. I still expect a lot of sellers to say this is how they rank higher :))))) Because you know they will do so :))

• Like 9
  • Haha 6
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, katakatica said:

There is a forum?

Scroll down to the very bottom of the forum and you should see it. If you don't see it, log out of the forum and log into it again.

2 minutes ago, katakatica said:

I'm in seller plus for ages, but haven't heard about a forum? 

I've only heard about it a few days ago. I must have missed the email announcing it.

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, katakatica said:

There is a forum? I'm in seller plus for ages, but haven't heard about a forum? 

It started about a month ago. I didn't know about it until @smashradio mentioned he was hiding there. It's also in the navigation bar for Seller Plus members. However the email just got sent out recently, so they are behind in announcing it.

image.thumb.png.78dbbc5f867f304b503144967e3f837c.png

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 13
  • Haha 3

It seems to be reason Fiverr planned update with down time.

3 minutes ago, katakatica said:

There is a forum? I'm in seller plus for ages, but haven't heard about a forum? 

Check out your email there should be link. Or check out bottom side of the forum you may already have access.

6 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I can see a Standard and Premium, with the premium having access to the success managers and early access to some new features.

I really hope they bring out more feature for premium users and make it more exclusive.

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, vickieito said:

It's also in the navigation bar for Seller Plus members. However the email just got sent out recently, so they are behind in announcing it.

I can see it now, thank you! 

6 minutes ago, catwriter said:

I've only heard about it a few days ago. I must have missed the email announcing it.

I think I missed it as well - I was switching between phones so I wouldn't be surprised if it somehow landed in a 'read' pile when the old phone went crazy!

• Like 17

I guess we're all in a position now where we can sit tight and see what happens.  It's a nice position to be in, but like everyone else, I'm keen to see if I will get value for money and any extra perks. 

As @catwriter mentioned.  If we are considered to be in a 'premium club' (Smoking jackets, cigars and cravats included) I would expect to see some movement on the payment window.  Why should we still have to wait for 7 days for a payment to clear? 

Finally, there seems to be a lot of emphasis on success managers as part of this premium offering. However, there appears to be a lot of inconsistency in terms of the service we all get from them.  I would like to think that the reduction in members will see more target support from the SM's, and a more insightful approach on how we can take our businesses to the next level.   

Exciting times are ahead, but it's now up to Fiverr to convince us that this service is worthwhile and beneficial, otherwise it's just another Amazon prime in the making 🙂 Great for the first month, but an expensive perk over time.

Edited by breals
  • Like 20

11 hours ago, danno1950 said:

I get the feeling that for us Seller Plus - Premium sellers who have been automatically included in the process, there's a price increase in our future.

Well those first 200 people that joined the program and which were promised a lower price should be safe, at least for a while. After all, we are early adopters 😄 

11 hours ago, breals said:

Why should we still have to wait for 7 days for a payment to clear? 

Oh, a 2-3 day clearance or instant clearance would be amazing. But who knows...

• Like 20

11 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Well those first 200 people that joined the program and which were promised a lower price should be safe, at least for a while.

It's the "at least for a while" part that concerns me. Fiverr isn't going to let a source of revenue go for free.

11 hours ago, breals said:

Finally, there seems to be a lot of emphasis on success managers as part of this premium offering. However, there appears to be a lot of inconsistency in terms of the service we all get from them.  I would like to think that the reduction in members will see more target support from the SM's, and a more insightful approach on how we can take our businesses to the next level.   

I saw a post on a thread a while back that said the reason they hadn't expanded the Seller Plus program more was that they didn't have enough Success Managers. Supposedly, they were on track to hire a lot of new ones, but this may be a way to mitigate that need for the time being.

12 hours ago, newsmike said:

My first thought was that they went the wrong way. As an avid proponent of the pay wall (surprise, I know), I felt that instead of offering a lower level with less features, they should have instituted a higher level, a level that would hopefully would allow premium visibility,

I'm just thinking out loud, Mike. Do you think this could be a preliminary step to instituting a mandatory paywall? What if they added a "Basic" with no features, for say $10 to 15? Wouldn't that resolve the issue of all the sellers that plague the platform, who wouldn't join a Seller Plus program anyway?

• Like 19

18 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

I get the feeling that for us Seller Plus - Premium sellers who have been automatically included in the process, there's a price increase in our future.

According to the email, only if we switch to Standard, and then wish to rejoin the Premium.

I remember a bunch of posts from the former Seller Plus members who dropped out of the program because they didn't like it. Perhaps one of the reasons for this is to discourage such behavior? Because resources are spent to examine seller profiles and decide whom to invite, and then people just drop out?

Plus the thing with a limited number of SMs, of course.

Edited by catwriter
  • Like 15